New DJI Mavic 3 firmware Released (3/23/2022)
17655 200 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does each battery need to be updated?
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did this update also fix Airsense issues
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 3-23 07:52

There are many things to test.  DJI is not particularly detailed or verbose regarding their "bug fixes".  There are a few things I intend to test or be on the lookout for.  I intend to test "bypass" behavior, and when opportunity presents itself I will also look for Airsense behavior.  I also wish to test smart film and photography modes to see if any bugs I have identified have been addressed.
2022-3-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-23 07:30
There is a member here who just PM me to tell me he’s on .0605 FW testing new features , he should be able to tell you what he’s testing. He’s AerialZup2 Im not certain if its BS or not I know dji are not advertising  beta programs .

Thank you for the tip, I will PM him.
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I was not required to do a firmware update on each battery.  I tried, and was not prompted after battery change.
2022-3-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated this morning. About an hour later stepped out to test.
Marginally better - on the ground GPS lock achieved in 2-3 minutes, which was impossible before, as it required some elevation, but still nowhere near my old good m2p.
I'll try again later, during my usual sunset time.
2022-3-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-23 07:41
to clarify.  my drone still takes a long time to connect to satellites.  about 5 min this am, after the update.

ill go try again.

... in rare cases, of course, there can also be a hardware error.
When I feared this at the beginning of these problems, DJI asked me to send an associated log file.
After the analysis, I was told that the hardware was intact...
So, please get in touch with DJI if you continue to have these issues!
2022-3-23
Use props
idomeirovich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11853189 ft
  • >>>
Israel

No good news for me. Didn’t fix anything on my mavic3
2022-3-23
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Now I'm back from my first flight after the update. 3 hours after the update (drone off, battery removed) the starting point was recorded after 2 minutes. It took 4 minutes at the exact same location as the previous firmware. This is a tangible improvement. The first 4 satellites lock in 40 seconds, the first 7 in about 1 minute and 10 seconds. I will monitor the time of locking in the next flights, but I already have initial observations. Better lock time, but far from acceptable compared to other company drones. There is probably a big difference between the quality of the GPS modules of our drones. Some are lucky, others are not. In my eyes, the GPS remains in the minus column of this drone.
2022-3-23
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I just upgraded my M3 since i had a issue that quick transfer failed to connect to network on my ipad mini, ipad pro 12.9 and my iphone.. This firmware did solve this error on my iphone 12, but on my iPad pro 12.9 it is still having trouble
2022-3-23
Use props
VenomXTs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1443353 ft
United States

Sigh, got excited. just did a cold start test after letting it sit from the firmware update.

3:30 seconds home point set then immediately dropped down between 9-11 sat lock and was not until 5:50 seconds that it has a solid 12 satellites again and I took off and it reset the homepoint...

Im pretty sure i could of popped it up on first set and did the up down dance and got it quicker but just wanted it good to go from ground.

Used up 3% from a full battery too so was 97% when I was good good to go.
2022-3-23
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

When is the correct point to begin timing for GPS lock?  Is it when the drone is first turned on or when the drone connects to the Fly app?

Update:   It took 1 minute and 7 seconds from the time I powered up the drone to get a HP lock!!!

WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!
2022-3-23
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-23 05:57
Plus, do we know if the update allows rolling back to earlier firmware?

It allows downgrading, I checked
2022-3-23
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

No it does not need each battery
2022-3-23
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Not properly, no
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Virgil Quick Posted at 3-23 09:56
When is the correct point to begin timing for GPS lock?  Is it when the drone is first turned on or when the drone connects to the Fly app?

I don't think there is a "correct" and "incorrect", as both are meaningful when compared to like tests.  I've been hitting the start stop watch button when I turn the drone on.  This then does include the "time to connect", but I feel I have more granularity and control using that as the start.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

VenomXTs Posted at 3-23 09:17
Sigh, got excited. just did a cold start test after letting it sit from the firmware update.

3:30 seconds home point set then immediately dropped down between 9-11 sat lock and was not until 5:50 seconds that it has a solid 12 satellites again and I took off and it reset the homepoint...

You used 3% while the drone was waiting for GPS. On the ground these batteries will last 4 hours. Something amiss with your battery. That would be equivalent to battery only lasting an hour.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Virgil Quick Posted at 3-23 09:56
When is the correct point to begin timing for GPS lock?  Is it when the drone is first turned on or when the drone connects to the Fly app?

as soon as you turn on your drone the GPS searching begins.
2022-3-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-22 22:47
Das klingt ja gar nicht gut!

Ich werde es heute auch gleich intensiv ausprobieren...

Several posts in other forums that it's not fixing.
2022-3-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-23 07:02
Can’t be a hardware problem if it has fixed the problem for most so far. Maybe fire up a couple of times especially in an open area will help. It has for others.

Mine worked up until the December update so it's hardly Hardware. Raining so I can't try the new update.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BrianKushner Posted at 3-23 11:23
Mine worked up until the December update so it's hardly Hardware. Raining so I can't try the new update.

Can’t try mine now either because of weather, but I can get 8 sats in the house fairly quick.
2022-3-23
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 3-23 02:47
Just done a quick test and 18 sats and home point updated message in less than 45 seconds,  fingers crossed... this issue is now sorted. Obviously will do more tests to see what other bugs are sorted also. Dji a bit slow on this one, but as usual they get there in the end.

Spoke too soon maybe, Done a 3rd flight 5 hours after 2nd flight, 3mins + and only 12 sats..  ???
2022-3-23
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

So far mixed results for me. First cold boot got a home point in 1:30. Second cold boot took 5 minutes. Switched battery in the same location and got instantaneous lock.
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just performed my first test in an open field.  I only tested the time to lock, and I did not test other features and capabilities such as AirSense or Bypass or smart modes.  In fact I stayed on the ground because of the wind.

My methodology was to start the clock when I powered up the drone, and to stop the clock when I was comfortable that the drone was not oscillating between "weak" and "strong" gps signal.

My time was 1 minute 37 seconds to what I will refer to as "hard" lock (my terminology).  There was no oscillating of the reported GPS strength, once it became "strong" it stayed "strong".  This differs from the behavior I experienced when I tested in a location where the sky was partially obscured, which at that time the reported strength oscillated between weak and strong.

This is a notable improvement from my prior experiences, where I would lift off from the ground and wait two or more minutes for lock.

My verdict:  Improved.
2022-3-23
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

First test of mine in garden and after 5 minutes i gave up, got to 11 sats and then it went down to just 7!      then a plane flew nearby and no warning on map, so that doesnt work either!
was better before update!  
2022-3-23
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631014 ft
United States

I can confirm lock on 14 to 16 satellites within one minute from cold boot.  Before the 0600 firmware sat lock would take around three to four minutes at the same location.  Takeoff location is shielded by structures and tall trees, so not ideal. Will test in other locations, but so far so good.

Beyond speed of satellite acquisition, no other changes noted in the 0600 release.
2022-3-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice.  Hopefully, no bugs in this firmware update and all goes well.  
2022-3-23
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

i just made a test in my garden and i had a HP in 1,48 min, but not in open field, surrounded by garage and terasse and so on, im happy with this firmware update caus in open field it should work much much faster, looking forward, thx
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NDI-Orlando Posted at 3-23 13:09
I can confirm lock on 14 to 16 satellites within one minute from cold boot.  Before the 0600 firmware sat lock would take around three to four minutes at the same location.  Takeoff location is shielded by structures and tall trees, so not ideal. Will test in other locations, but so far so good.

Beyond speed of satellite acquisition, no other changes noted in the 0600 release.

There is a forum member who claims he’s on .0605 AerialZup2 says its a lot of new features on it.
2022-3-23
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-23 14:01
People should realize that while the fw update is occurring, satellite acquisition is taking place.
One needs to wait a while after that to get a true cold acquisition test. Or go to a different location.

You've had the update for awhile. What have your GPS results been like?
2022-3-23
Use props
Big DZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im going to try and refresh firmware as it is still taking my Mavic 3 close to three minutes to acquire Sat lock..
2022-3-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Very sure it's quicker with the 600 firmware, but still noticeably slower than the Mavic2 and Mini2
2022-3-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

when i read the release notes, it says:

"Added Increased the speed of searching GNSS."

it doesn't say anything about being fixed.  i'm not going to say again what i really think because i don't want to get attacked but this sw update seems to be working as advertised because it has sped up things, just maybe not to where some would like it to be and maybe not for everyone.  this is generally what happens when you try to fix an issue that everybody is not having the same issue.  the way i see it, they're trying to address a "different" issue by using sw.  understandable.

sadly this summer, nobody else will be having this issue.
2022-3-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-23 15:49
Refreshing the fw won’t magically do anything.

No, but sometimes, for whatever reason, updates do not completely overwrite the needed files. Doing a FW refresh can finish the process. I have read on here and Pilots where a second try has worked. No harm in trying.
2022-3-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first and only flight with the new firmware didn’t result in any major improvements for me.  I tried doing  a screen recording so I could capture the time precisely, but for the first time ever, my screen recording failed, so I don’t actually have a time to report.  But I will say, it seemed like it took forever to me still.  Not what I was hoping for.   

I’ve got a very early production model since I picked mine up the first day they were available.  Not sure if that’s related or not.  And of course, one flight isn’t a pattern yet, so I’ll see how it goes from here, but the first attempt was disappointing from my perspective.  
2022-3-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Houston, we have a problem! I said earlier that I wasn't going to update the firmware just yet but I did. Late this afternoon I placed the drone on my brick patio like I always do. With the older firmare, it took 3:31to update the home point. With the latest Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600, it took 4:36.
2022-3-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Houston, we've got a problem. Said I wouldn't update just yet but I did. Prior to the firmware update, it took 3:31 and after the Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600 update, it took 4:36. I mean what the F....?
2022-3-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-23 17:30
Houston, we've got a problem. Said I wouldn't update just yet but I did. Prior to the firmware update, it took 3:31 and after the Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600 update, it took 4:36. I mean what the F....?

There must be something else going on hear because some people never had issues with GPS and others do. Hope it's not a hardware issue because how will they handle that type of recall?
2022-3-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-23 17:47
You think if there is a hardware issue DJI would even ever consider admitting it and contemplate a recall? BwaHAHAHAH!

Didn't mean to repeat myself
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Another test, and this time I put it up in the air.  I don't know what the bug fixes might be, but the issues with "bypass" remain.

I did not time lock during this test, but I used my modified startup procedures by starting the craft before I set up everything else.  For the first time ever, I had lock immediately upon rc/drone connect.

We seem to be getting mixed results, and I am open to suggestions on what to test to try and figure out why.
2022-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules