New DJI Mavic 3 firmware Released (3/23/2022)
123456Next >
17673 200 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.03.23
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600
  • Remote Controller: v04.13.0600
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.10
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.10

What’s New?
  • Added Increased the speed of searching GNSS.
  • Fixed issue: Quick Transfer was not available for some scenarios in certain regions.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-3-22
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

does it work?
2022-3-22
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes it does, I have been on this firmware for a few days and it works well.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I sense right now there are 1000's of Mavic 3 flyers all around the world busily updating their Mavic 3's and connecting to GPS about 10 times just to make sure! Hope it all goes well. I'll be one of you very soon!
2022-3-22
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

nice info... thank you...
2022-3-22
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 3-22 20:13
I sense right now there are 1000's of Mavic 3 flyers all around the world busily updating their Mavic 3's and connecting to GPS about 10 times just to make sure! Hope it all goes well. I'll be one of you very soon!

You will be correct on that one, 100%
2022-3-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-22 21:12
You will be correct on that one, 100%

Suren for president
2022-3-22
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 3-22 21:19
Suren for president

2022-3-22
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

@AerialZup2 - Well done mate, you were 100% correct with your prediction when this firmware will drop.
2022-3-22
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Thank you DJi for the new firmware update who doesn't work for me....
They need still over 10 minutes to find the satellites and also in that time on the ground it looks like they make a flyaway look at the picture...
Super work DJI , just amazing
Screenshot_20220323-071247.png
2022-3-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nik317 Posted at 3-22 22:34
They need still over 10 minutes to find the satellites and also in that time on the ground it looks like they make a flyaway look at the picture...
Super work DJI , just amazing[Image]
Das klingt ja gar nicht gut!

Ich werde es heute auch gleich intensiv ausprobieren...

Sorry:
That doesn't sound good at all!  
But I will test it intensively today...
2022-3-22
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

nik317 Posted at 3-22 22:34
They need still over 10 minutes to find the satellites and also in that time on the ground it looks like they make a flyaway look at the picture...
Super work DJI , just amazing

I installed the official firmware and did a test and got full homepoint in 1 minute and 10 seconds. please try to refresh the firmware and see if that helps.
2022-3-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 3-22 22:47
Das klingt ja gar nicht gut!

Ich werde es heute auch gleich intensiv ausprobieren...

A really, really short test:
Very close to our home, outdoors of course, in glorious sunshine, about 1.5 m from the outside wall...
The "home point" was found after about 3 minutes (13 satellites were required for this).

This is a position I don't normally take off from, but it's pretty good for testing.
Yes, there, at this point it took about 10 min in the past, but that was not "the measure of things" because - as already said - this is not interesting as it is far too close to an "obstacle", which interferes with GPS reception!

I'm still testing in the "free nature" today, but so far I can already say that it's gotten noticeably better with the GPS Lock...!!!

2022-3-23
Use props
mavic3tw
First Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

Please update the release notes on DJI website. The release note is still old.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good news, very soon proved to be right , only 3 months ;+)
2022-3-23
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just done a quick test and 18 sats and home point updated message in less than 45 seconds,  fingers crossed... this issue is now sorted. Obviously will do more tests to see what other bugs are sorted also. Dji a bit slow on this one, but as usual they get there in the end.
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

the update didn't fix my drones gps issues.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 3-23 00:03
Very close to our home, outdoors of course, in glorious sunshine, about 1.5 m from the outside wall...
The "home point" was found after about 3 minutes (13 satellites were required for this).

3 minutes still to long I think.
2022-3-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately HLG was not added based on description of what's new, have not tried the update yet. Not sure if it's the camera limitation or DJI has not gotten around it yet.
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-23 00:03

I also did a similar test (just one), positioning the drone near my house at a location where lock and homepoint took many minutes to acquire with the prior firmware.

"Weak" gps signal was pretty immediate, and appeared upon RC/Drone connect.  From there, the system kept bouncing between strong and weak GPS signal for a couple of minutes (I did not formally time it), and finally permanently locked.

I would call this a "stress" test as it was performed in conditions I know are not ideal, and I still need to repeat the test from this spot as well as test in more "open" locations.

Without sufficient tests to draw a conclusion, my INITIAL (not final) observations are that this is performing better than the prior firmware, and still not performing as well as the other drones I own.  More tests to follow as time permits.
2022-3-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the update DJI. It appears it brought up the needed fixes for GPS lock per description of what's new. I know it's not possible to inquire about a particular feature that will be added or not. But does anyone know if DJI is working on a future update to include more features, such as promised to DCRainmaker HLG / HDR 10 video or DJI considers this drone complete and no more features will be added. Thank you in advance, Mike.
2022-3-23
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

earlier shared screen shot firmware version was .601   and this one .600 so could be another minor update is coming ?
2022-3-23
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

A quick opinion from me too. Unfortunately, the first impressions are not very good. The sensitivity of the GPS module has not changed. There is no improvement in partially covered locations (on my terrace). In a few hours I will test at a control location, measure the time and be able to assess how much improvement there is. But I am already 100% sure that the quality of the GPS module of this drone does not match its price! I was expecting a lot more from this update.
I cannot assess to what extent the events in Ukraine affect the quality of the GPS signal around me, but I assume that there is a certain impact.
2022-3-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I will be able to do a very good test this afternoon. My mavic 3 has not even been powered on in 2 full weeks now. Ive been busy on work and other things so it has sat in its case for a good 2+ weeks now. I will update the drone inside, where I can no get any gps signal, then I will turn it off, swap batteries, and go outside and power it up and time it. This will be a solid cold start on the gps. Typically I would see anywhere from 4 to over 5 minutes for gps to hit 12 sats and update home point. Will see what it does this afternoon. We already know the issue is fixed though, but of course always good to see it in person with your personal unit. Ill edit this post with my findings tonight. Was hoping for a couple more items on the patch notes but oh well, not too worried about it.-
EDIT: First test. It took me 5 minutes to get gps lock O.o. Will need to do further testing. A bit surprised by this.
2022-3-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

akozc Posted at 3-23 04:33
earlier shared screen shot firmware version was .601   and this one .600 so could be another minor update is coming ?

Thank you, keeping my hopes up that new features will be added as well along with HLG support.
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

update did not fix anything for me.  

2022-3-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

akozc Posted at 3-23 04:33
earlier shared screen shot firmware version was .601   and this one .600 so could be another minor update is coming ?

No, I wouldn't read into the version numbers. The 01 in .601 likely just referred to 1st iteration of the .600 build. If they had found a bug and had to fix something, then you may have seen a .602 be developed as well. The official public release however was likely always to be .600.

I wouldn't expect a new firmware now for at least many weeks. Having multiple releases on top of each other is not a good development practice so I wouldn't expect DJI to do that now. This is just speculation from someone who has some knowledge of these design processes. Ultimately they could do really anything.
2022-3-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Think I'll still hold off a bit until this gets sorted. I'll continue to plan ahead a bit and take off several minutes earlier than my other drones for those sunset videos until I aquire enough satelites.
2022-3-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-23 05:56
Think I'll still hold off a bit until this gets sorted. I'll continue to plan ahead a bit and take off several minutes earlier than my other drones for those sunset videos until I aquire enough satelites.

Plus, do we know if the update allows rolling back to earlier firmware?
2022-3-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

"so it begins"

2022-3-23
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 3-23 02:47
Just done a quick test and 18 sats and home point updated message in less than 45 seconds,  fingers crossed... this issue is now sorted. Obviously will do more tests to see what other bugs are sorted also. Dji a bit slow on this one, but as usual they get there in the end.

Done a second test 4 hours later than first and even better; 20 sats and updated home point and timed at 35 seconds. Previous firmware from that same position anywhere between 4-8mins.
2022-3-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 3-23 03:56
3 minutes still to long I think.

... yes, you are right in principle.
But what I "described" wasn't an "exact" test either, because it was difficult to reproduce...
"Under the open sky" means something completely different...

But now that I've been in the "great outdoors" I can/must really confirm that there is no longer any cause for concern for me. Everything happened (unusually) quickly after turning on the M3.
I had now switched on the RC Pro first again in order to be able to determine the "waiting time" more precisely, and I was delighted that after about 45 s 13 or 14 satellites were "locked" and I was therefore allowed to take off very quickly...

Of course, with the second and the third battery, 20 - 25 satellites were immediately available...

So I'll say: Thanks DJI, finally solved this problem...!

2022-3-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-23 05:57
Plus, do we know if the update allows rolling back to earlier firmware?

Yes!
Version .0400 and .0500 are available (DJI Assistant2) and are available for downgrade!
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 3-23 06:48
... yes, you are right in principle.
But what I "described" wasn't an "exact" test either, because it was difficult to reproduce...
"Under the open sky" means something completely different...

Thats great news, and the feedback hopefully is similar for all as it should be. Great job.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-23 05:12

dji might have to release a mavic 3s sooner than later.  add mechanical shutter to main, and quad or 1" to top .  should have had quad in first place, and  7-14 x [you could say 1-2x as well] optical in top camera.  if its there might as well make use of it.  

Can’t be a hardware problem if it has fixed the problem for most so far. Maybe fire up a couple of times especially in an open area will help. It has for others.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mzp Posted at 3-23 03:59
Unfortunately HLG was not added based on description of what's new, have not tried the update yet. Not sure if it's the camera limitation or DJI has not gotten around it yet.

There is a member here who just PM me to tell me he’s on .0605 FW testing new features , he should be able to tell you what he’s testing. He’s AerialZup2 Im not certain if its BS or not I know dji are not advertising  beta programs .
2022-3-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-23 05:12

dji might have to release a mavic 3s sooner than later.  add mechanical shutter to main, and quad or 1" to top .  should have had quad in first place, and  7-14 x [you could say 1-2x as well] optical in top camera.  if its there might as well make use of it.  

What do you mean by that?

Are you still experiencing the lag on the GPS lock...
...or did you have completely different expectations of the update, new functions for example...?
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oh it wasn’t a FW problem, it was a hardware problem or both the bad Hardware didn’t have the FW problem “confused” why didn’t this come up in November everyone had good GPS signal then…Im still confused .
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-23 07:31
What do you mean by that?

Are you still experiencing the lag on the GPS lock...

to clarify.  my drone still takes a long time to connect to satellites.  about 5 min this am, after the update.

ill go try again.   
2022-3-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

BLESS YOU DJI!!!!
2022-3-23
Use props
123456Next >