DJI RONIN 4d: Can't Activate - "Network Error"
3515 7 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
American Lagomorph
lvl.2
United States

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have my 4d plugged into my macbook via usbc - usbc.

DJI Assistant 2 program connects to my ronin. It asks me to update.

Then it just hangs on the next screen and finally gives me a network error and my wifi signal goes out. Like, I lose my internet connection for 10 minutes. Then it comes back.

Is the internet connection with DJI somehow crashing my cable modem and preventing me from downloading new firmware update?

Thank you!
Paul
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please follow the troubleshooting steps below first?
1. Ensure that the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series) is used to activate Ronin 4D. Otherwise,  please go to the official DJI website to download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series).
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ronin-4d/downloads
2. Check whether the computer can connect to the Internet. If not, try to use another network or computer.
3. Please replace the USB-A to USB-C cable, and try activating again.
4. Restart Ronin 4D and DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series), and try activating again.
2022-3-22
Use props
American Lagomorph
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-22 23:13
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please follow the troubleshooting steps below first?
1. Ensure that the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series) is used to activate Ronin 4D. Otherwise,  please go to the official DJI website to download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series).
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ronin-4d/downloads

Hey Wanda,

Thank you for the response.

I have done all these things.

I have also booted my macbook in recovery mode to install the HORNDIS extension. I am going to try using a usb-c to ethernet adapter to connect my computer straight to router, instead of using wifi.

I also called DJI and I think my case is being escalated.

I'm not sure what else to do. Hopefully DJI will make a program compatible with MacOS Big Sur.

Thank you
2022-3-23
Use props
American Lagomorph
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: I had to use a USBC-to-ethernet adapter for my macbook pro and then follow directions for booting in recovery mode to install the HORNDIS extension and I was able to activate!
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

American Lagomorph Posted at 3-23 12:52
UPDATE: I had to use a USBC-to-ethernet adapter for my macbook pro and then follow directions for booting in recovery mode to install the HORNDIS extension and I was able to activate!

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. It is glad to know that you have activated DJI Ronin 4D successfully. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-3-26
Use props
vinceprogear.ch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3459154 ft
United States

Hey,
I activated my DJI Ronin 4D two days ago without any issue and today it's asking me to activated again.  When I try to activate I'm having the Error Network Message Showing up on the DJI Assistant 2 App.
Any clue how to solve it ?
Cheers
2023-3-23
Use props
multistudio
lvl.1
Italy

vinceprogear.ch Posted at 3-23 17:46
Hey,
I activated my DJI Ronin 4D two days ago without any issue and today it's asking me to activated again.  When I try to activate I'm having the Error Network Message Showing up on the DJI Assistant 2 App.
Any clue how to solve it ?

hi there, we are having the same issue, did you have figured out how to fix it?
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_c8MQgGQHabWn
New

France

Hello, I have a problem with my Roning 4d and I don't understand the reason since I don't use it much. It turns out that when I need to search for anything in the settings to view a recorded video I have a delay of about 20 seconds. Also when I change the FPS I lose the vision of the camera and everything remains dark as if there were no camera, so for the image to return I have to wait about 20 seconds or more, if someone could help me please greetings.
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules