Do you expect to see precision landing present in the Mini 3?
7719 79 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Either way, it cannot work that way, because the drone needs to know even during a disconnect, therefore the mini 2 does not have this capability software or no software.

I fact checked and here is the reply I got in the P4P section

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 168&pid=2706205
2022-3-29
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you for asking, Bashy!

But I never said that the Mini 2 could do the needed computing internally, I just said that we've got all it needs, downfacing camera in the drone and computing power in the smartphone.
That's why the Mini 2 IS capable of precision landing and of active tracking, it just isn't (or blocked) in the software.

And that's how apps like Litchi, Rainbow and the like also do it. - That's where I saw it, to answer your question.

I also believe (!) that precision landing would be possible with the Mini 2, without utilizing the smartphone. But it would be highly unreliable as I guess that the fixed downfacing camera is a BW camera with a very low resolution, thus it would need a simple high-contrast pattern to work.
If so, it's obvious why DJI didn't implement that feature - because it couldn't work reliably with different ground patterns.

2022-3-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But I never said that the Mini 2 could do the needed computing internally, I just said that we've got all it needs, downfacing camera in the drone and computing power in the smartphone.

I know you said smartphone, thats why youre wrong! the drone DOES the computing NOT the smartphone.
It has to be the drone because of RTH, what happens if there is a disconnect, how does the smartphone then communicate the data to the drone?
The Mini has limited capability and precision landing was never on the cards.

Also we aint on about Active Tracking, thats app based so totally different to Precision Landing which is computed in the drone.
2022-3-31
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-31 21:25

I know you said smartphone, thats why youre wrong! the drone DOES the computing NOT the smartphone.

You are mismatching two different things.

For returning home, RTH, the drone doesn't need any camera or any processing power for ground pattern recognition. It's the built-in GPS receiver telling the drone where home is.
And that's the reason why it does not do a precision landing, because determining it's position via GPS is not really precise; precision is a few meters/feet. In theory, you can increase the precision by utilizing additional ground-based transmitters adding to the regular satellite signals - a technique broadly used for e. g. precision farming. But that's a different story.

For landing on the exact spot, the drone needs to know a) the coarse home position determined by GPS, b) how the spot to land exactly looks like - by taking photos while lifting off and comparing the photos with the actual camera pictures after returning close to home using GPS coordinates.

For a) no overwhelming computing power is needed, thus it's done in the drone - that's the sense of the RTH feature, being able to return without external support. But b) requires quite some computing powers, thus it needs to be done by the smartphone.

This is for the Mini/Mini 2 - other drones with specialized CPUs/more computing power might do precision landings without any external support.
2022-3-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I give up, you obviously think ya know everything
2022-4-1
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 4-1 03:15
I give up, you obviously think ya know everything

Why give up, Bashy?
Your doubts made me explain the matter a bit more detailled, so everybody can learn - including myself. And I welcome everyone showing me what I didn't understand correctly. That's the way we all learn, and that's the way it should be.

I once met a man at the range who never missed the target, a real great marksman. And of course everybody wished to know how he managed to become that good, why he never missed. His answer: "I am a good marksman now because I had been a bad marksman for decades, missed the target for decades, but never gave up."
2022-4-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Before i go, i linked to you a quote from DJI Paladin

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The precision landing will work even if the remote controller suddenly disconnects or during Failsafe RTH.  Prerequisites must be met. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

That right there says that it is the drone that does the work, no matter how you try to spin it, its nothing to do with the smart device other than to enable it in the drone. Stop droning on about the darn thing when its quite clear the MIni 2 cannot and will not do this at present, regardless. That is the end of the discussion regarding Precision Landing and the smart device and the end of my input.
2022-4-1
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 4-1 07:52
Before i go, i linked to you a quote from DJI Paladin

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The precision landing will work even if the remote controller suddenly disconnects or during Failsafe RTH.  Prerequisites must be met. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Oh, Bashy ... ;)

We're talking about WHICH drone? Mini 2.
The answer you quoted is about WHICH drone? Phantom 4 Pro. Which is NOT a Mini 2. You got that so far?
What did I write in post 45? - "This is for the Mini/Mini 2 - other drones with specialized CPUs/more computing power might do precision landings without any external support."

There's differences in life, Bashy. There's drones which can do precision landings without a smartphone, and there's drones which can do precision landings with a smartphone.
That's what we're talking about. About CAN, not about DOES.

So keep your temper and be nice guy again, okay?

2022-4-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-1 10:30
Oh, Bashy ... ;)

You're missing the point, for crying out loud, I asked about the P4P because a, I have one and b, it has Precision Landing. If I had the M2 i would have asked in that section.

My temper is flaring because ya keep talking out the old chocolate starfish, you're talking about the mini 2 and using the smart device to compute the precision landing, I know, you just don't get it, so, one more time for the mentally challenged amongst us...

...It has to be done in the drone, forget your stupid smart device idea, it has to be able to do it independently of the remote device due to the safety aspect, DJI support clarified that for me, why won't you listen, oh yeah, I forgot you're German, its the arrogance coming out. Take the hit and move on, you're exactly the same on the FSB thread. I can't have you coming out with something that's not even remotely true, it's going to mislead other people, this is why DJI blocked your original reply.

Anyway, hopefully, folks will get what I'm saying and believe it, I mean, no matter how much you try to spin that poop, ya not gonna make any yarn out of it so stop trying, please!
2022-4-1
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy ...

According to your videos, you are no kid anymore, you're an adult male knowing how life is. As an adult, you should have learned that life is a constant struggle, including disputes with other people.
Different points of views are different points of views, not a declaration of war. You hear the other's viewpoint, you agree or disagree, you argue - and that's it. No harm caused, next topic, please. Life is not a forum, there's more important things in life like eating, drinking, sleeping, friendship, fun.
So why do you cling to past issues, why do you follow (or even stalk?) me, just to find some reasons for arguing and producing insults?
Let's count the insults of your latest post ... "chocolate starfish" (meaning a..hole), mentally challenged, arrogance (which I personally don't percept as an insult, more like a racist thing), poop spinning being in the grey zone.
Is that the way adults deal with nonrelevant disputes?

Plus telling lies.
You know the original text of my "moderated/muted" post because I sent you the original text via private message. And your own reaction (post 33) had been: "It's OK, I've read it now, I cannot see any reason for moderation. I think they must have a new moderator, abusing other members is fine though, go figure...."
And now you claim " it's going to mislead other people, this is why DJI blocked your original reply.".
So you lied just for the sake of trying another insult. And everybody can see it's a lie if he just scrolls back to your post # 33.

Next lie: "If I had the M2 i would have asked in that section."
Look at your own video, post 28, showing you flying your Mini 2, look at the icons below your name, showing you've got a Mini 2.

Next lie (three lies, to be exact): "...It has to be done in the drone, forget your stupid smart device idea, it has to be able to do it independently of the remote device due to the safety aspect, DJI support clarified that for me,"

First lie is "has to be done", with the term "has" written in bold italics. That's not true. Just look at the active tracking features provided for the Mini by apps like Litchi or Rainbow. That's far more complicated than a precision landing as different angles, postures and erratic movements also need to be considered in addition to just recognizing a pattern and zeroing in.

Second lie is "... it has to be able to do it independently of the remote device due to the safety aspect, ..."
In the thread you linked, you asked: "Hi folks, just a quicky, does precision landing still work when disconnected from the remote, please?"
DJIs answer: "Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The precision landing will work even the remote controller suddenly disconnects or during Failsafe RTH.  Prerequisites must be met. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support."
No "has to be done", no "due to the safety aspect".

Third lie: "DJI support clarified that for me"
DJI didn't clarify anything about calculations needing to be done in-drone, DJI didn't clarify the need of doing so regarding safety aspects.

Let's count: At least tree heavy insults (picky characters may even see five), five fat lies - all in one single post. Not really adding to your credibility and trustability.

Looks like you need to ask Wikipedia for the term "boomerang".
2022-4-1
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

My apologies to other readers of this thread.

You know bullying from your days at school. And you learned that bullies never stopped if you gave way or tried to ignore them, they took silence as a reassurance to continue with their doings - until they came across the wrong person.
We've got a few persons acting like bullies in this forum, Pinarek, Labroides, hallmark007 and Bashy, acting that way for quite some time, turning insults against multiple other forum users. I guess you already witnessed that a long time before I appeared on the scene.
I am a perception psychologist, thus I don't let people play such games with me or others.
That's why I go for quite detailled reactions for showing them that crossing red lines won't pay out if they end up with the wrong guy.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience. ;)
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1) I didn't say I had the M2 is said IF I had 1
2) I didn't lie about your moderated post, just because I didn't think there was anything wrong with it doesn't mean DJI are ok with it, it's the fact that you're posting disinformation, the very fact that I've been trying to convince you of, namely that the Mini 2 cannot, will not ever use a smart device for computing the Precision Landing.
3) and now you're talking absolute rubbish to try and swerve any reader from your royal mistake.
4),its only 2 threads that we are/were conversing in, and I gave up on the other one, plus, ya had me when ya started on ya bible quotes, so stalking! ha ha, jog on....
5) ya still havent acknowledged that you were in fact stating inaccuracies in your stories, instead ya just being convoluted and spouting gobbledegook, you're not the 1st member on here that does this and you won't be the last

I am now, 100% done with this thread unless I can help or converse with an actual human being
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 03:33
**** The posts are shielded ****

Thanks Sean, I'm not sure why your post was moderated though, perhaps a mod or admin can explain?
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-2 03:49
Thanks Sean, I'm not sure why your post was moderated though, perhaps a mod or admin can explain?

I have posted a question about this on the general support board
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=262414
would you agree there is nothing contentious in the post?
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 03:55
I have posted a question about this on the general support board
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=262414
would you agree there is nothing contentious in the post?

Yeah, I see nothing wrong, someone is finding something in our posts that they don't like, yet they leave obvious abuse alone lol
2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 4-2 03:32
1) I didn't say I had the M2 is said IF I had 1
2) I didn't lie about your moderated post, just because I didn't think there was anything wrong with it doesn't mean DJI are ok with it, it's the fact that you're posting disinformation, the very fact that I've been trying to convince you of, namely that the Mini 2 cannot, will not ever use a smart device for computing the Precision Landing.
3) and now you're talking absolute rubbish to try and swerve any reader from your royal mistake.

Bashy, quick reply:
Everyone can check for himself who is speaking the truth and who does not, who used insults and swear words.
Except if you quickly edited your posts to your own favor.

Thus your new outburst was unnecessary because you said what you said and should stick with it instead of seeking excuses.

Ah, I just checked. You EDITED your post to make it fit. My quotes still show your ORIGINAL statements.
ORIGINAL: "If I had the M2 i would have asked in that section."
NOW: "..., I have one and b, ..."
Not even man enough to stick to your statements.

So now we've got insults, swear words, lies plus forgery.
You just earned your dishonorable discharge.
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-2 05:39
Bashy, quick reply:
Everyone can check for himself who is speaking the truth and who does not, who used insults and swear words.
Except if you quickly edited your posts to your own favor.

You can clearly see that i said IF, why the hell would i say i had an M2, i cant afford one of those, get a grip, Where is your quote showing/proving this, i don't see one lol also you just ballsed that up ;) Landey, take the hit, you were wrong, end of about your ''smart device'' idea, you sound like a baby spitting ya dummy out just cause sommat didn't go your way lol!

Oh wait, i see what you mean, i see your ''quoted'' text, you mean the quoted text that you typed, not an actual quote using the forum quote system and that your ''quoted' text, now this is the best part, actually says what ive said all along and clearly shows ya don't know what ya talking about, ha ha ha ha ha, here, here's the screenshot so you can't change it now, by the way, i do have a Mini 2, i had no reason to change it from saying ''if i had an M2'' ;)

Edited: ive cleaned it up a little because someone clearly doesn't know what day of the week it is.

Screenshot 2022-04-03 003320.png
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is an addendum to my post under review, I just RTH'ed a Mavic 2 Zoom with the phone disconnected from the controller, precision landing had been enabled by a take off and vertical climb to 7+m. The drone landed with its camera lens over the same Mandarin-Orange-sized clump of moss that it had been over at launch, that's pretty impressive I think.
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 11:01
This is an addendum to my post under review, I just RTH'ed a Mavic 2 Zoom with the phone disconnected from the controller, precision landing had been enabled by a take off and vertical climb to 7+m. The drone landed with its camera lens over the same Mandarin-Orange-sized clump of moss that it had been over at launch, that's pretty impressive I think.

Yep and shows that its clearly obvious that its computed in the done
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-2 15:18
Yep and shows that its clearly obvious that its computed in the done

Yep, for the M2P/Z, certainly.
I was tempted to try a failsafe but the clearance between the trees either side of the descent is  a bit too tight to trust to not having control available if something went wrong..
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Better safe than sorry, not a cheap bird...
2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 4-2 06:28
You can clearly see that i said IF, why the hell would i say i had an M2, i cant afford one of those, get a grip, Where is your quote showing/proving this, i don't see one lol also you just ballsed that up ;) Landey, take the hit, you were wrong, end of about your ''smart device'' idea, you sound like a baby spitting ya dummy out just cause sommat didn't go your way lol!

Oh wait, i see what you mean, i see your ''quoted'' text, you mean the quoted text that you typed, not an actual quote using the forum quote system and that your ''quoted' text, now this is the best part, actually says what ive said all along and clearly shows ya don't know what ya talking about, ha ha ha ha ha, here, here's the screenshot so you can't change it now, by the way, i do have a Mini 2, i had no reason to change it from saying ''if i had an M2'' ;)

Oh, Bashy ...

I guess you need to learn how to see things in their context and stick to your words.

We're talking about Mini 3 and Mini 2. So we are talking about the capabilities or future capabilities of that drones. Not about Phantom 4 or Mavic 2. I guess we are all clear about that.

First I wrote:
The answer you quoted is about WHICH drone? Phantom 4 Pro. Which is NOT a Mini 2. You got that so far?

See? I used the correct name, "Mini 2".

Now YOU wrote:
If I had the M2 i would have asked in that section.

So YOU abbreviated Mini 2 with "M2" - because we never talked about the Mavic 2, only about the Mini 2.

Then I wrote:

Next lie: "If I had the M2 i would have asked in that section."
Look at your own video, post 28, showing you flying your Mini 2, look at the icons below your name, showing you've got a Mini 2.

See? We still talked about MINI 2, not MAVIC 2. It's absolutely clear.
And now you try to make it look like you referred to the Mavic 2 all the time.
Then you edited your post to escape the situation. You also mentioned your edits in the thread linked by Sean.

Doesn't work, Bashy.

Isn't it enough, now?
Is it that difficult to simply say "Sorry, I didn't know exactly what we were talking about, I misunderstood some things, I also hit the wrong note, I am sorry. Let's have fun again!"?
So difficult? Try! You'll notice it a) isn't difficult at all, b) friendly chatting is far more fun than fierce fighting.
2022-4-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youre a classic idiot. Youre trying so hard to move away from your c0ck up, its making you look stupid, thats all i have to say, dont have a nice day, im out of this stupid conversation
2022-4-3
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 4-3 03:39
Youre a classic idiot. Youre trying so hard to move away from your c0ck up, its making you look stupid, thats all i have to say, dont have a nice day, im out of this stupid conversation

Bye, Bashy, have a nice day.
2022-4-3
Use props
dji-drones
lvl.1

Italy

Bashy Posted at 3-28 21:58
Erm, well depends if you want to defend your statement, the reason being, i dont think your statement is factually correct and if so totally scuppers the whole Mini 2 having the ability to precision land if it wasnt for the software.

For drones that already have this precision landing, I am 99.9% sure that the drone will still precision land even when communication is lost with the remote, if this is the case then it cannot be true that the smart device is the one that computes the data for landing. I believe that the drone is the one that computes the data, therefore i also surmise that the Mini 2 does not have the computing power nor the onboard cache to do this.

i agree at all
2022-4-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, much appreciated
2022-4-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

To put this simple as it can be, the Mini 3 will not be likely to have the same sophisticated sensor on the bottom that records the launch site image as on the other models. If it does...great.
2022-4-9
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-24 03:57
That’s absolute rubbish. Precision landing has the same gps tolerance as drone with no precision , so it has nothing to do with a problem of precision landing being a problem with M2. In fact drones with precision are more likely not to land on landing spot warning that landing ground is not safe so forcing the operator to force the landing , something that rarely happens with drones without precision landing. Testing by many will verify that drones with or without precision landing are likely to as accurate or inaccurate as each other. Precision landing yes will face the craft the same way it took off and that’s the only consistent difference between having it or not having it on modern DJI drones.

Precision landing does not compensate for GPS tolerance and nowhere in your manual does it say it does.

Well, we now know the answer to this poll, and I'm as surprised as you all who were in the 55% bucket - WOW ah shucks DJI - SURPRISED!
2022-5-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-24 03:57
That’s absolute rubbish. Precision landing has the same gps tolerance as drone with no precision , so it has nothing to do with a problem of precision landing being a problem with M2. In fact drones with precision are more likely not to land on landing spot warning that landing ground is not safe so forcing the operator to force the landing , something that rarely happens with drones without precision landing. Testing by many will verify that drones with or without precision landing are likely to as accurate or inaccurate as each other. Precision landing yes will face the craft the same way it took off and that’s the only consistent difference between having it or not having it on modern DJI drones.

Precision landing does not compensate for GPS tolerance and nowhere in your manual does it say it does.

I do not agree with a part of this, Precision Landing in my P4P beats my Mini 2 landing every time and every day of the week. Because the Mini 2 does not have it, i cannot trust the Mini 2 to land on the landing mat, heck, i think i tried the mat twice and it failed both times to land on it and that's it, it stayed in its tea cosy since. I now hand launch and land, at least i know where its going to land then
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 5-17 20:20
Well, we now know the answer to this poll, and I'm as surprised as you all who were in the 55% bucket - WOW ah shucks DJI - SURPRISED!

I am hoping they add it, theyve been known to do that
2022-5-19
Use props
Eheran
lvl.2

Germany

So to clear this... mess... a bit: The Mini 2 could offload the computation to the smartphone and do a precision landing. If the phone isnt there or the ground looks different or its too dark now or what not: It does a normal landing. I dont see a problem here Bashy. I doubt they will implement this feature but that was not the disputed point.
2022-6-3
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eheran Posted at 6-3 03:50
So to clear this... mess... a bit: The Mini 2 could offload the computation to the smartphone and do a precision landing. If the phone isnt there or the ground looks different or its too dark now or what not: It does a normal landing. I dont see a problem here Bashy. I doubt they will implement this feature but that was not the disputed point.

Yes, that's my point. How to offload the computation and coordinates to the smartphone.
2022-7-29
Use props
fans40f2a48a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 616978 ft
Australia

Mini 3 Pro does not have precision landing: but needs it! anything with Pro in the name shoiud have this pro feature.
Accuracy of landing is not great.

My Spark has precision landing and its 5 years old now. It would land within cms of takeoff.
It's still going strong too. Hand gestures are amazing and a feature I miss
2022-9-4
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I do not ar all
2022-9-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-4 15:32
The Mini 3 has two downward facing cameras as well as two IR transceivers.  The bottom cameras look identical to the forward facing ones, so they likely share the same specs & capabilities.   As I stated previously, if you have a Mini 3 & perform an RTH, you will see the drone assumes it's launch orientation, prior to descending, when it returns to the Home Point.  It does not, however, land precisely.   It has the hardware for precision landing, but it has only been partially implemented.  Hopefully DJI fully implements this in a firmware upgrade as they did with the Mavic 2.

I don't get it. You dismissed my statement about the camera being inadequate and then in the next post reversed position. Did I miss something? I said "sophisticated sensor". So is that not right?
2022-9-5
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2022-9-4 14:51
I would say yes.  It looks like DJI partially programmed Precision Landing because, during RTH, the Mini 3 correctly rotates to its take off orientation when it reaches the Home Point prior to landing (non PL models just land the way they are facing).  They just need to implement the bottom camera logic to finish the job.  I hope to see Precision Landing on the Mini 3.  Not absolutely necessary but a cool & desirable feature nonetheless.

Yes it creeps up every month seeming a recent firmware corrected the Mini 3 Pro from not having the exact hardware and software implementation to fluidly carry through landing on the homepoint, similarly to the bigger drones high accuracy and better programming than the Mini drones that, yes, can return to the home point, but the implementation of these Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro drones lacking that small and suddle cohesion that the better drones forge with the DJI Fly App. So, I obviously do my part in due dilligence when the Mini 3 Pro was released and immediately prior to making my order I spoke with a DJI representative, and specifically questioned whether the Mini 3 Pro was equipped with precision landing. Strangely the agent confirmed Mini 3 Pro had precision landing, but I expressed doubt because I had already flown the Mini 3 Pro  about 10 fights and the kind of RTH Mini 3 Pro was equipped with, in my opinion, is more effective thean the Mini 2's RTH precision landing capability. While Mini 2 will fly very close to the homepoint, it doesn't adjust its orientation before beginning to land, and the drone decends everytime in a straight line, not adjusting for the original home point but it will only land usually several feet, but lacks the exact orientation landing that the drone took off in that diluted the results enough.

What I notice on DJI Mini 3 Pro, it will shift most of the time its orientation to the home point as it adjusts right high above the home  point, matching the orientation, so that's immediately is a improvement from Mini 2, but because Mini 3 Pro has a more sophisticated obstacle avoidance system, at least when I land my Mini 3 Pro around my backyard, I take off from my backyard with the drone placed on one of my backyard bricks used to secure the ground, one brick stands out a bit from customarily matching the other bricks color and design and this brick is where my drones take off from and all my Mavics take-off and land exactly on the exact discolored lighter brick where they do this act with fascinating precision. The Mini 3 Pro identifies that particular brick, but because it is approx 6-7 feet to the home's structure, the warning beeping sounds the Mini 3 Pro will exert when in the path of obstacles, and therefore, I suspect the reason my Mini 3 Pro fails to land exactly on that brick in the ground that it ascends and takes off from, because the obsctacle avoidance safety feature is preventing the drone from moving a foot or so onto the brick, whereby the Mini 3 Pro will proceed to land safely and not far removed from the original homepoint. In this example, I simply ask DJI to disable the obstacle avoidance sensors as all DJI drones with excellent precision landing capabilities it says on the controller "drone disabling obstacle avoidance" so that it can land on the homepoint. I don't know why DJI has not done this at any time through today? To me, that's the main adjustment needed to get the Mini 3 Pro similar capabilties to Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, Mavic 3, Mavic Air, Spark, etc will work and function more closely in RTH to those other drones. If DJI really seem genuinely interested in enabling this premium high tech capability that DJI beliieves they should not look to canabolizre sales of other drones because they make provisions to up the preformance of sub 250 gram drones that intentionally do not pack certain features considered too premium for lighter drones.

I just wish when I addressed this question to the DJI Representative the first day the drone was released, it would have been far more preferrable if he had informed me accurately and to the extent not to harbor this expectation that DJI will be rolling this feature out in another future firmware, as I was mistakingly expecting because either DJI intended to mislead me enough so that I kept my plan to purchase the drone and they are more concerned with customers buying the company's new drones irrespectvie if they are not completely transparant on what the drone capability can reasonably be expected?
2023-1-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-13 05:42
Even in an open area the Mini 3 Pro does not match the landing accuracy of my Mavic Pro & Mavic 2 Pro.  The latter are usually within 12-18", whereas the Mini 3 Pro is 2-4'.  When I first received the Mini 3 Pro I thought it did have Precision Landing due to it adjusting its heading above the Home Point prior to descending.  During my earliest flights it seemed very precise.  I have noticed over time that it is not nearly as accurate as my Mavic Pro/Mavic 2 Pro, which is what leads me to believe that PL is not fully implemented for the Mini 3 Pro.  Not a deal-breaker or an absolute necessity, but it is a highly-desirable feature to have, to go along with a Landing Light, Waypoints, & LTE Module compatibility.

Yes, I think having started flying DJI drones in 2017, the DJI Spark was my first drone, and it has precision landing, and it does well at it surprisingly. To the same extent of my Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, they are spot on landing on the same tile of stone that stands out in my backyard due to its contrasting color combination, which aides the drones not needing a landing pad to identify the running home point.
2023-1-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2022-5-19 23:22
I am hoping they add it, theyve been known to do that

Yes sometimes this is true but more of a surprise announcement whenever they do actually make such an announcement.
2023-1-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now