S20 Android 12 MIMO app not available
8256 25 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luluismo
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I recently updated the phone firmware to Android 12 on my Samsung s20+ Snapdragon variant. Then i found the dji mimo no longer working, immediate exit when open app.
Then i notice the dji mimo no longer listed on the play store. Google a bit i found the apk directly download from dji website, install it, this time the phone black screen for awhile , then i warning message said there is a bug in app prevent it launching.

So there is no dji mimo app available on Android 12 now? Is there a release date when this can be fix?
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which product you are using?
Also, please try to reinstall the app from the link below and try again.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
Please keep us update. Thanks!
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there luluismo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

2022-3-22
Use props
luluismo
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hi I tried to uninstall and reinstalled the apk version v1.7.14 downloaded from https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo, still getting error. it opens then immediately closed, next this error message shown up.
I use mimo app with my dji pocket 2. I tested both galaxy S20+ and Galaxy tab S7 both getting the same error.

2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

luluismo Posted at 3-23 02:12
Hi I tried to uninstall and reinstalled the apk version v1.7.14 downloaded from https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo, still getting error. it opens then immediately closed, next this error message shown up.
I use mimo app with my dji pocket 2. I tested both galaxy S20+ and Galaxy tab S7 both getting the same error.

Hi there, sorry that the issue persists. Please try to turn off the network or switch the phone to airplane mode, launch the DJI Mimo app. Skip the login step. Close the app from the background running and then enable the network and check again.
If the issue still exists, please provide a screenshot of the issue, and help to export the app log (/Android/data/dji.mimo/files/LOG) from the mobile device, and point out the time that the issue happened, I will ask our engineers to check it out.
2022-3-23
Use props
Vincent26
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi I've faced similar issue but mine was shown the apps are being blocked due to advanced Protection. However even I've disabled that it is still remain not able to to install. Please advise
Screenshot_20220330-160926_Google Play Store.jpg
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_wJKAuFaozokZ
New
Italy

Hello dear DJI
We are using DJI pocket 2 and app DJI mimo.is not working at all. There's nothing to do uninstall, reinstall, turns on and off stuff. There is big in the app.

When we update firmware to android 12 in every device, DJI Momo is not working.

Please do you scheduled a new release to fix this big problem? Thank you
2022-7-19
Use props
djiuser_dbmZm9gQHSkz
New
Greece

Hello. I would like to ask.
First: I have samsumg note20. Now i am not able to use djmimo app from play store. Right?
So i donwloaeded from your page on web.
Second i register in the app.
I am trying to edit my videos from my files and gallery but when i am trying to do it through the app i downloaeded unfortunately these videos are not appearing on the editor button of the app. Notice that i allow the app to have accesa to my files and gallery.
Please tell me what to do because i have bought the osmo mobile and now it is useless as i can not make any video as i want.
Thnx in advance.
Avraam
2022-7-22
Use props
djiuser_dbmZm9gQHSkz
New
Greece

First: I have samsumg note20. Now i am not able to use djmimo app from play store. Right?
I am trying to edit my videos from my files and gallery but when i am trying to do it through the app i downloaeded unfortunately these videos are not appearing on the editor button of the app. Notice that i allow the app to have accesa to my files and gallery.
Please tell me what to do because i have bought the osmo mobile and now it is useless as i can not make any video as i want.
Thnx in advance.
Avraam
2022-7-22
Use props
djiuser_dbmZm9gQHSkz
New
Greece

I am trying to edit my videos from my files and gallery but when i am trying to do it through the app i downloaeded unfortunately these videos are not appearing on the editor button of the app. Notice that i allow the app to have access to my files and gallery.
Please tell me what to do because i have bought the osmo mobile and now it is useless as i can not make any video as i intent to.
Thnx in advance.
Avraam
2022-7-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have lists of compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets that are officially mentioned or tested with the Pocket 2. The lists also feature a section of troubleshooting tips to see if those could help in solving some connection problems. Could something there help you? You can see the lists at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

Having a quick look at the lists myself, for what I have heard (though not personally tested) is that the Samsung S20+ and Galaxy Tab S7 should both be compatible, though not sure about which Android versions they need to have. Nobody has given test reports about the "basic" version of Samsung Note 20, though the list seems to say that the Ultra versions are not compatible. So try the troubleshooting tips and see if those make a difference. Also, if the model is not yet mentioned as tested and you test it, we'd be happy to hear about your test results on the threads.

Good luck with the troubleshooting and thanks in advance for contributing for the lists!
2022-7-23
Use props
djiuser_RQOHHzNHu7gf
lvl.1
Germany

Same here on my galaxy s20 fe 5g the dji mimo app will Not start anymore. Yesterday everthing was fine today both mimo and dji fly refiuse to Start. Tryed to reinstall the lates Version would Not work either. Disabled WiFi and lte and Bluetooth. Nottingham changed. Please dji fix this quick
2022-8-10
Use props
Hashtagjet
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mimo not working on my phone as well. Will open for less than a second and close immediately.

Sony Xperia 1 Mark II
Android 12

Looks like your app's target version is 11 only??
Screenshot_20220812-170903.png
Screenshot_20220812-170837.png
2022-8-12
Use props
Fabrice Rqs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520148 ft
France

djiuser_RQOHHzNHu7gf Posted at 8-10 22:42
Same here on my galaxy s20 fe 5g the dji mimo app will Not start anymore. Yesterday everthing was fine today both mimo and dji fly refiuse to Start. Tryed to reinstall the lates Version would Not work either. Disabled WiFi and lte and Bluetooth. Nottingham changed. Please dji fix this quick

For DJI Fly, install the 1.6.10(1010)
For Dji Mimo, the bug is not yet fixed by DJI...

(It's an issue appeared with Androïd 12)
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_EoHPnyBxLFbw
New
Russia

hi, i have a pixel 5 android 12 (SQ3A.220705.003.A1), i installed the dji mimo app from your site, it worked for a few days, and then it stopped working, i uninstalled it and reinstalled it (17.20 and 17.24), but it didn't help, i  I reset the phone to factory settings and it helped, but after a few more days everything happened again, I don’t want to reset the phone again.  How to fix it?
2022-8-13
Use props
djiuser_b4WTZEv3mWgL
New

Italy

djiuser_EoHPnyBxLFbw Posted at 8-13 11:10
hi, i have a pixel 5 android 12 (SQ3A.220705.003.A1), i installed the dji mimo app from your site, it worked for a few days, and then it stopped working, i uninstalled it and reinstalled it (17.20 and 17.24), but it didn't help, i  I reset the phone to factory settings and it helped, but after a few more days everything happened again, I don’t want to reset the phone again.  How to fix it?

The same on my One Plus 8T.
2022-8-14
Use props
Samtech93
New
Italy

DJI still won't fix the problem?
It's almost 9 months with the compatibility issue.
I had the same problem with my pixel 6, with android 12 beta or stable edition.
It's unbelivable!
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_NtQHV0sOq82u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

None of the dji apps are working anymore if you can't fix it I'm going to have to buy alternative products as I need these for work. Samsung s20
2022-8-17
Use props
luluismo
lvl.1
Hong Kong

hi everyone, OP of this post. just come back after 4 months as i notice a lot of replies from this thread recently, i actually solve the problem with these steps, hope it can help.

1. while you still have the play store version installed, in android, go to setting > apps > DJI MIMO (yours might have diff strcuture depends on which brand you are using)
2. perform a "Clear data" and "clear cache" of the MIMO app. typically all android phone have these.
3. Uninstall the MIMO app
4. Download the latest MIMO app from their website, and install it. your phone might block you from installing APK due to security problem, try to set it as a trust source and install it. different brand or file explorer might act differently when install apk, so check how it can be done
5. now open the app and it should work fine, if not, try to perform another "clear Data" and "clear cache" of the MIMO app and open again.

In short the problem could be some app cache files will remain in your phone even you uninstall the MIMO app, and these cache file will crash the non-play store version so you need to clear it first.
Im on galaxy S20+ android 12, still able to use the MIMO app to this day
2022-8-17
Use props
Auweia
New

Sweden

Same here, Samsung S20 Ultra 5G. after the update to Android 12 the Mimo app is not working any longer. Which is a mess as I need it for the Pocket2 and my Gimbal. Please fix that asap.
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_r4Y6wDPj94Jp
New

Canada

Dji. Fix this issue or you will loose my buisness.
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_NygWW8FXkt02
New

Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-22 23:17
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which product you are using?
Also, please try to reinstall the app from the link below and try again.

Anche io con un samsun s20 hoblo stesso problema.
2022-11-26
Use props
djiuser_NygWW8FXkt02
New

Italy

Samtech93 Posted at 8-15 03:55
DJI still won't fix the problem?
It's almost 9 months with the compatibility issue.
I had the same problem with my pixel 6, with android 12 beta or stable edition.

Con samsung s20. Stesso bug
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_NygWW8FXkt02 Posted at 11-26 04:02
Anche io con un samsun s20 hoblo stesso problema.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Did you install the latest version of the DJI Mimo App from our official website? If not, please reinstall it from the link below:
2022-11-26
Use props
NRGS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69793 ft

United Kingdom

luluismo Posted at 8-17 18:46
hi everyone, OP of this post. just come back after 4 months as i notice a lot of replies from this thread recently, i actually solve the problem with these steps, hope it can help.

1. while you still have the play store version installed, in android, go to setting > apps > DJI MIMO (yours might have diff strcuture depends on which brand you are using)

Found this thread and your reply when having issue's with my MIMO app.

Done exactly as above, by clearing all data first, uninstall and then uploading the .APK file and opening the file from my S20 Ultra 5g

It now works flawlessly.

2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_NMkbjYMiU3nj
New

United States

Had a similar issue just yesterday, and I can't confirm(with firm facts) but there seems to be a site out there, maybe a mirror that produced the same effect for me. Somehow ended up with the right  site and dl. Several phones during the registration process where used until unit was activated.Now it connect (wirelessly) w/ the do-all-handle in place.
2022-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules