Battery level led - only 1st and 4th light up - mini 2 doesn't in...
7343 15 2022-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillAleks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1346417 ft
Ireland

Today I tried to use my mini 2 and I found it isn't working. When I press the power button it turns on the 1st and 4th leds. If I press to turn on it kepts only the 2 leds, the status light blinks red. If I try I can't turn off unless I remove the battery. In the app it receive the video stream, but on the corner says the aircraft isn't connected to the rc. Today I received a firmware update that I can't install, when I try it says "checking the battery level takes around 1min to complete".The video showing it
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cPWPuanLnrq98zp6A

20220323_065727.jpg
Screenshot_20220323-063055.jpg
Screenshot_20220323-063111.jpg
2022-3-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's worrying.
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WillAleks. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_d0LiBR2CaNRx
New
United States

The same exact thing is happening to me do you ever find a solution?
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_TQeaEVrKm7FS
New

United Kingdom

Hi did you manage to get it sorted as it’s happened to ours
2022-6-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have more than one battery does it happen with another battery?Can the firmware be downgraded/rolled-back to the previous version using the appropriate Assistant 2?
If you see no information regarding firmware nor the ability to roll the firmware back it may be necessary to tweak the Assisntant 2. From memory the following youtube shows how to do it for the Mini 2, I seem to remember you can skip maybe the first 5 minutes of the video.

2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2267103 ft
United States

djiuser_d0LiBR2CaNRx Posted at 6-23 19:24

I'm dealing with the same thing. Can't connect, only light 1&4 come on, and only blinking red on status light. Also, no way to power off w/out pulling battery.  I was able to export some log files with Assistant 2 for consumer drones and hope my 5th call to DJI with that info could help. I'm not optimistic but fingers crossed.  Any luck for you by chance?
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_d0LiBR2CaNRx Posted at 6-23 19:24

You have to send yours in?  I never found a fix.
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_e2orMVeHncpe
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f Posted at 7-6 07:52
You have to send yours in?  I never found a fix.

have you managed to get this sorted?, as i am currently experiencing the same problem
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_e2orMVeHncpe Posted at 7-16 08:34
have you managed to get this sorted?, as i am currently experiencing the same problem

No! DJI recieved my drone for repair on Friday the 8th. Tracking # confirmed that. I had talked with 3 reps over the phone and one in a live chat totalling over 2 hours trying to fix it by multiple ways. Since they received it, I've been in contact with at least 2 individuals with DJI and was told by one that they were awaiting my payment (since I did nothing to keep the firmware from installing, it's going to be a bad deal for DJI of they try and charge me). The other person wanted me to upload flight records, which have always been synced, so it's not like I can upload more. They are looking for an "incident" that caused the problem because there is tiny crack on the thin shell. I'd flown the thing 50 times since I even saw the crack. The only "incident" was my drone failing when I went to install the firmware.  Since DJI makes decent drones that don't cost thousands, I dropped another $600 on a brand new one. I hope to god you don't go through the same mess.
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_e2orMVeHncpe
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f Posted at 7-16 09:25
No! DJI recieved my drone for repair on Friday the 8th. Tracking # confirmed that. I had talked with 3 reps over the phone and one in a live chat totalling over 2 hours trying to fix it by multiple ways. Since they received it, I've been in contact with at least 2 individuals with DJI and was told by one that they were awaiting my payment (since I did nothing to keep the firmware from installing, it's going to be a bad deal for DJI of they try and charge me). The other person wanted me to upload flight records, which have always been synced, so it's not like I can upload more. They are looking for an "incident" that caused the problem because there is tiny crack on the thin shell. I'd flown the thing 50 times since I even saw the crack. The only "incident" was my drone failing when I went to install the firmware.  Since DJI makes decent drones that don't cost thousands, I dropped another $600 on a brand new one. I hope to god you don't go through the same mess.

i’ve only had it a week and haven’t yet flown it, so surely it’s just a manufacturing fault?
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_e2orMVeHncpe Posted at 7-16 11:10
i’ve only had it a week and haven’t yet flown it, so surely it’s just a manufacturing fault?

I had flown mine about 85 times.  Probably an average of 3 km/flight.  I only had it a couple months. I'd fly 2-3x a day. It kept wanting me to install new firmware. I downloaded it, but didn't have time right then to install it.  The next time I tried to fly, I put the battery in. Only the 1st and 4th lights came on and status light blinked red.  I HATE to be discouraging. Especially since you just got yours. The nightmare they've put me through made me mental and physically ill. The hours I've spent talking with reps could have covered their cost of the drone multiple times.....and we're at a standstill now.  I know I'll buy more DJI in the future,(already did) but I'll make sure tens of thousands get to see/hear how they have wronged me. If curious, I bought new from an authorized dealer. I hope the best for you. Really. Good drones. Polite reps who really tried to help, but this is on them, they know it, and should've had a drone sent to me weeks ago.
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_e2orMVeHncpe Posted at 7-16 11:10

They want $74 to repair it. That's exactly $74 more than I'm willing to pay.  The amount they'll lose in future sales from me, and likely quite a few of thousands that end up hearing about it on a couple YouTube channels along with other social media is quite a bit more than $74.  This has cost me a total of ~5 physical hours as well as a TON of stress, all for a problem I had absolutely nothing to do with. I'm done.
2022-7-19
Use props
bananney
New
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-30 21:57
If you have more than one battery does it happen with another battery?Can the firmware be downgraded/rolled-back to the previous version using the appropriate Assistant 2?
If you see no information regarding firmware nor the ability to roll the firmware back it may be necessary to tweak the Assisntant 2. From memory the following youtube shows how to do it for the Mini 2, I seem to remember you can skip maybe the first 5 minutes of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Sk1UPLIVg

Wow!!  Your video was so helpful!  I am back up and running!
2022-9-24
Use props
gian260191
New

Brazil

I have the same problem, has anyone solved it?
2023-6-26
Use props
0l0l
New
Flight distance : 2590187 ft
Peru

I had the same problem and I solved it! The video posted here was kind of helpful, because the idea is to flash the firmware again.

BUT: My drone wasn't recognized by the DJI Assistant 2 Software. So what I did is, I reflashed the actual firmware (01.07.0200) with the tool of drone-hacks.com. This tool still recognized my drone and it was possible There you can download an actual and older firmware from dankdronedownloader.com. They have an own tool too, maybe that works aswell, but I did not need to try it.
Once the firmware was flashed (took less then 5 minutes and a bit of sweat) it worked again normally.

Hope this is helpful for other people aswell.
2-14 07:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules