External power to ipad
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAV-Inspection
lvl.2
Flight distance : 902776 ft

South Africa

Hi,
We are looking for a solution to supplyt external power to an ipad while connected to the DJI controller.  I have tried a lightning to USB3 camera adaptor (with both USB 2 and 3 cables, the unit is working as I can connect to a flash drive), Y split USB cable, custom made cables with only data from controller and power from second USB connector.  None of these have worked.

We have plenty batteries for the Inspire, but the ipad is now the limiting factor.

Is there a proven solution?

Edit:  We get power through our attempts, but no data from the controller.

2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there UAV-Inspection. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Since this is a 3rd party cable that you want to use on your DJI Remote controller. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like cables on your DJI Remote Controller for compatibility and reliability purposes. These 3rd party accessories ( cables ) might affect the said DJI drone when in use and actually there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product as well. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-3-23
Use props
anyoucchka
lvl.1

Turkey

thank you for these informations !
2022-4-14
Use props
anyoucchka
lvl.1

Turkey

thank you for these informations !