FPV Virtual Flight Simulator will not connect
17491 24 2022-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveBart
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am trying to use the Virtual Flight simulator.  The controller will not connect.  Lights are still flashing and the connecting wheell on the iPhone just keeps turning and does nothing.  HELP  I have reset everything three times and moved closer to my WIFI

2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaveBart. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the iPhone that you are using please and kindly please update all device firmware to the latest version before installing DJI Virtual Flight ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ). Thank you.

2022-3-23
Use props
DaveBart
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 19:50
Hello there DaveBart. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the iPhone that you are using please and kindly please update all device firmware to the latest version before installing DJI Virtual Flight ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ). Thank you.

[view_image]

It is a 12 Max with iOS 15.  All firmware has been updated.  I finally got the drone working but have not flown it.  I thought I would do the Vitiual flight first.  I am going to try with my iPad tomorrow.  
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DaveBart Posted at 3-23 21:38
It is a 12 Max with iOS 15.  All firmware has been updated.  I finally got the drone working but have not flown it.  I thought I would do the Vitiual flight first.  I am going to try with my iPad tomorrow.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know you use DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 or DJI Motion Controller? Please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Check whether the USB cable connecting the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the app can transmit data. Use another USB cable and retry.
2. Restart the DJI FPV aircraft, DJI FPV Goggles V2, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 or the DJI Motion Controller before linking again. Power off the aircraft. Connect the goggles to the DJI Virtual Flight app on the mobile phone and check whether the app can be connected.
3. If the issue persists, please connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 or the DJI Motion Controller to DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to refresh the firmware. Restart the goggles and try to connect several times.
2022-3-23
Use props
DaveBart
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-23 23:25
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know you use DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 or DJI Motion Controller? Please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Check whether the USB cable connecting the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the app can transmit data. Use another USB cable and retry.
2. Restart the DJI FPV aircraft, DJI FPV Goggles V2, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 or the DJI Motion Controller before linking again. Power off the aircraft. Connect the goggles to the DJI Virtual Flight app on the mobile phone and check whether the app can be connected.

I did all that again.  When I went to refresh the firmware, it said it was up to date on all three.  I then connected everything again with the DJI Fly app.  The camera would not connect on the drone.  Last night before I went to the virtual flight app, at least I had them all connected and had a picture on my phone and in the goggles.  Now, I cannot even get that.  It did try to update the firmware to .06 and then got stuck on 40% and when I tried to move everything close to the WiFi connection, that completely went away and when I tried to reconnect, nothing.  And the goggles say image transmission stopped down in the right corner.  I am really frustrated.  Back to the virtual Flight app.  Nothing happened there either.  I am about ready to rebox this whole thing and send it back.  
2022-3-24
Use props
DaveBart
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

So here is the latest.  I live in a restricted airspace.  The drone did startup after I was notified of the airspace and checked the box.  However, when the firmware was updated, it apparently did not like the airspace. This should not have affected the use of the Virtual Flight Sim since the drone was off and not connected to the controller or goggles.    I went to the local RC field and was able to fly the drone without the goggles.  I then sat down with the goggles and found that I had to change the device I was flying.  (never saw that in any of the tutorials I watched).  Once I did that, I was able to fly it with the goggles and had fun putting my next two batteries through it.  I did not check the availability of the Virtual Flight App down there.  Oh, I did have to go through two more firmware updates that did not get done when I was activating the drone and all the parts by plugging them into my computer.  One of the updates was the third battery that did not get updated when it should have.  
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DaveBart Posted at 3-24 19:07
So here is the latest.  I live in a restricted airspace.  The drone did startup after I was notified of the airspace and checked the box.  However, when the firmware was updated, it apparently did not like the airspace. This should not have affected the use of the Virtual Flight Sim since the drone was off and not connected to the controller or goggles.    I went to the local RC field and was able to fly the drone without the goggles.  I then sat down with the goggles and found that I had to change the device I was flying.  (never saw that in any of the tutorials I watched).  Once I did that, I was able to fly it with the goggles and had fun putting my next two batteries through it.  I did not check the availability of the Virtual Flight App down there.  Oh, I did have to go through two more firmware updates that did not get done when I was activating the drone and all the parts by plugging them into my computer.  One of the updates was the third battery that did not get updated when it should have.

Thanks for your update. May you provide us with a video related to the issue of the app described for our further confirmation? You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us.
2022-3-24
Use props
DaveBart
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Since I wrote that last update, I went out to the shop and was able to bring the Virtual Flight Sim App up on my phone and it connected to the goggles without an issue.  I believe it had to do with the selection of the device in the goggle menu.  I also had difficulty sorting through the Japanese Language menu to find the English version.  I am not sure how to create a video that would show that.  I will look and see if I can.  This has been very frustrating and I would like to help resolve it so someone else does not have to go through it or can be told what to check to resolve the issue.  I will try to recreate the problem and see what I can do.  
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DaveBart Posted at 3-24 21:17
Since I wrote that last update, I went out to the shop and was able to bring the Virtual Flight Sim App up on my phone and it connected to the goggles without an issue.  I believe it had to do with the selection of the device in the goggle menu.  I also had difficulty sorting through the Japanese Language menu to find the English version.  I am not sure how to create a video that would show that.  I will look and see if I can.  This has been very frustrating and I would like to help resolve it so someone else does not have to go through it or can be told what to check to resolve the issue.  I will try to recreate the problem and see what I can do.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You are able to switch the language through the goggles. Find the language setting, and then use the five-dimensional button to select the corresponding language. We recommend you provide a video to us. We will forward it to our related team for further confirmation. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_sQQILryqfvjR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312848 ft

Australia

Hi, I'm having the same issue getting the controller connected with the app. I have an Avata drone with the goggles 2 (new version) and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 (all firmware updated). The DJI Virtual Flight version is 1.4.0 and the mobile where I try to access it is an iPhone 13. I'm having the next message when the app tries to connect the FPV Controller  "? Unable to connect? Check whether the remote controller and the goggles are paired successfully". Also, all the time the lights of the controller keep still flashing.  I don't have any issues when I fly the drone outside, so I think all the components are correctly paired. I tried to use the app with the DJI Motion Controller as well, but get the same issues (unable to connect warning message and lights flashing in the motion controller).  I would appreciate any help to solve this problem.

2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_XhFX7QGxTRPc
New

United States

No luck with simulator avtata motion controller updated all software via Dji fly app. Please help  same issue as above.

2022-9-4
Use props
fans16167a2a
New

United States

Same exact issues here.     All firmware is up to date.   I have an iPhone 11 Pro.   Also up to date.    When I start the Virtual Fly App , I get right up to pairing the motion controller.  It fails to pair and displays the yellow link to DJI tutorials.   One note , the virtual Fly App NEVER appears in goggles   

I’m sure it’s something simple     Let us know please
2022-9-4
Use props
fans1f80105d
lvl.1

Indonesia

My dji googles 2 also can't connect with the virtual flight app, the only option appear is just googles v2, help
2022-9-8
Use props
DinosMike
New
Flight distance : 596335 ft
Russia

How can i connect dji-goggles-2 to pc dji virtual flight simulator?
2022-9-11
Use props
fansb3023b5c
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_sQQILryqfvjR Posted at 9-4 01:37
Hi, I'm having the same issue getting the controller connected with the app. I have an Avata drone with the goggles 2 (new version) and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 (all firmware updated). The DJI Virtual Flight version is 1.4.0 and the mobile where I try to access it is an iPhone 13. I'm having the next message when the app tries to connect the FPV Controller  "? Unable to connect? Check whether the remote controller and the goggles are paired successfully". Also, all the time the lights of the controller keep still flashing.  I don't have any issues when I fly the drone outside, so I think all the components are correctly paired. I tried to use the app with the DJI Motion Controller as well, but get the same issues (unable to connect warning message and lights flashing in the motion controller).  I would appreciate any help to solve this problem.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Same issue! Please help!
2022-9-11
Use props
bigmike318
lvl.1
United States

I have an Avata drone with the goggles 2 and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 (all firmware updated). The DJI Virtual Flight version is 1.4.0 and the mobile where I try to access it is an iPhone 13.
2022-9-17
Use props
djiuser_C6W87aiWwRms
New

United States

I am having the exact same problem accept I cannot update the firm on my controller.
I have I mac  M1and os 12.6  My phone is also apple iphone 13 and I manage to fly the
drone with the motion controller inside my house, but every time it takes 2n to 3 attempts
to start the avata.
2022-9-17
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_C6W87aiWwRms Posted at 9-17 16:29
I am having the exact same problem accept I cannot update the firm on my controller.
I have I mac  M1and os 12.6  My phone is also apple iphone 13 and I manage to fly the
drone with the motion controller inside my house, but every time it takes 2n to 3 attempts

wow. I have the same issue. controller won't connect. looks like DJI thor has left the thread
2022-9-19
Use props
fans27dd1a1d
New

Austria

Same Issum.

Avata with googles v2 does not Connecticut to dji flight Simulator app.
Dji fly app work good.

Please help us!
2022-9-21
Use props
MAYKITHRT
New
Flight distance : 219167 ft
United States

Hi, Everyone.

I don't know how old this particular thread is but I was having the same issue(s) and discovered a solution. I have an iphone XR (not the latest and greatest, I know) and an ipad pro. I kept getting those images and messages saying that I was not connected as you all have. What I ended up doing was changing my cord connection from the goggle 2 to both the iphone and ipad pro (I run the simulator off both) and it worked fine afterwards. My logic was this and I do not know it if works for non-Apple products but there is a fast charger for Apple devices with a bigger base, thicker cord, and a USB-C on one end and the Apple connector on the other end. Obviously, it would be different for Android users. I reasoned that because it is a thicker cable than the standard one, it must be moving more data and whatnot to make it charge faster. And it turned out that I was right. I restarted my steps again to hook up to the simulator and did it with no hiccups. Then I did it several more times which ensured me that the problem was insufficient data flow. I have been flying fine ever since. Another thing I discovered is that when I am running Assistant 2 the same issue occurred but different. I have a mac circa 2019 with nothing but USB-C ports. The strangest thing I find is that Assistant 2 is unresponsive with certain USB-C cords yet responsive to others. Go figure. So go back and check your cablings as, apparently, it makes a difference. Give it a shot. Worked for me and there's nothing to lose but plenty to gain. Happy flying!
2022-10-6
Use props
DanDest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3260358 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think I found the solution.
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I was having problems connecting with my Avata for the Virtual Flight app even though I put the Goggle Transmission mode into Simulator mode.

I realised that I had previously set up my USB connection to launch my DJI Fly app when it was connected so my DJI Fly app was running in the background at the same time the DJI Virtual Flight app was running.

The moment I forced the DJI Fly app to shut-down, the DJI Virtual Flight app immediately connected to the DJI Goggles 2.

So if you are having trouble connecting with your Android app, try using the Android app manager to force the DJI Fly app to close to see if this solves your problem.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_V2CI2eKuj6zu
New
Flight distance : 2975938 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. I've tried it with both the fpv and goggles 2 and the avata with the new goggles, non of them connect. I think they app may not be compatible with modern phones.
2022-12-4
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Does not work under android 11, connection with google 2 and virtual flight systematically crashes, only works in direct connection remote control->mobile...
2022-12-29
Use props
WildGimbal
New
United States

djiuser_sQQILryqfvjR Posted at 2022-9-4 01:37
[view_image]
[view_image]

Any luck getting your controller connected with the app? I did not have any major problems connecting the motion controller,  but the standard DJI Controller 2 has been an ongoing problem. I have an iPhone 14, and OSX Ventura 13.1....  DJI does not support OSX, so I installed Windows Parallels on my iMac, so I could install DJI's Flight Simulator... After multiple installation attempts of the DJI Flight Simulator via Windows emulation, I gave up. Then I went back to iOS platform to pair my DJI Controller 2 to no avail via the suggested DJI Assistant, to no avail. Fortunately, I was able to fly my Avata via the motion controller, but I want to use the standard controller 2.0... anyway, DJI needs to make their hardware firmware updates, as well as Flight Similation software compatible with OSX. If DJI is going to focus their energies mainly on iOS, then they need to make sure their software pairs with the controller 2.0... too many people reporting the same problem on this forum...
2023-1-16
Use props
Modified_F80
lvl.1

United States

I was finally able to connect with my virtual flight simulator with the goggles.  I have a Samsung fold 4.  Was extremely upset as I was never able to practice using the simulator.  Today I closed my fold by accident and the app connected to the goggles.  I tried to connect the app to the goggles using the fold on a folded state and it worked.  I guess there is a glitch.  Simulator crashed a few times.
2023-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules