Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error with FREEWELL filters
2987 11 2022-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcharles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 368878 ft
France

Hello,

I bought the Freewell filters for my Mavic 3 (PL, PL 16, PL 32) and the Quickshots functionalities do not work with these filters.
With the Freewell filters, the Mavic 3 tells me that there is a wide-angle lens and that the Quickshots functionalities are disabled (see photo #2).DJI fly error message : "Wide angle lens attached. Unable to shoot in Quickshots"
Of course, it is not a wide angle filter and if I put the original DJI filter, the Quickshots features are available again.

I have contacted Freewell support and other customers are impacted by this software issue.

Do you know if this problem is known by DJI and if a solution will be proposed?

Filter

Filter

Error Message

Error Message

DJI fly version

DJI fly version
2022-3-24
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

freewell cut that glass based on a different camera design.  dji did you short the public on a nice camera?  why else would freewell have glass like that retrofitted.  
2022-3-24
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

I don't have this problem with PolarPro CPL filter.

Personally I would return Freewell filter, and buy from another brand (PGYTech, PolarPro).

Here is a comparison of the CPL filters from three different brand (PolarPro, PGYTech, Freewell):

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... vs-freewell.123412/
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jcharles. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic 3  and uses these ND Filters ( Freewell Filters ) on there DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like ND filters on your DJI Mavic 3. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said the DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party ND Filters will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2022-3-24
Use props
jcharles
lvl.1
France

Please see the answer of the Freewell support :

"Hey Julien,

Yes, we have a small number of users who reported this especially they said this happen after the recent update so we have contacted DJI about this. We assume DJI has given the ability for drones to know if it is wide-angle by seeing multiple layers of glass since ND/PL has 2 pcs of glass this might be the reason the drone behaves abnormally.
Unfortunately, this is related to drone software, not the filter so nothing much we can do here but wait for DJI to fix this. "

I'm angry because I paid dearly for these filters and I can't use them in programmed mode (Quickshot, Mastershot,...).
I hope there will be a fix by DJI.
2022-3-24
Use props
fans44d662f0
New
Italy

jcharles Posted at 3-24 23:39
Please see the answer of the Freewell support :

"Hey Julien,

Hi I confirm the problem, also with K&F the problem is the same, I have bought freewell hybrid ND 16/PL an K&F ND 2-32 and CPL. All this filters are detected as wide angle lens
2022-4-19
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerryway Posted at 3-24 11:53
I don't have this problem with PolarPro CPL filter.

Personally I would return Freewell filter, and buy from another brand (PGYTech, PolarPro).

I own Freewell ND filters but they are shaped similar to the removable clear lens that the  Mavic 3  comes with and have no issues. FYI, my Freewell ND filters weigh 3.07 grams by the way and works perfectly.
2022-4-19
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-19 11:57
I own Freewell ND filters but they are shaped similar to the removable clear lens that the  Mavic 3  comes with and have no issues. FYI, my Freewell ND filters weigh 3.07 grams by the way and works perfectly.

Here is a photo of my Freewell lens.
2022-4-19
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-19 17:14
Here is a photo of my Freewell lens.[view_image]

I know you folks were talking about CPL filters and not ND filters. Sorry
2022-4-19
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Freewell Variable ND filter and I get the same message.  Is there going to be a software fix?
2022-6-22
Use props
Epsimax
lvl.1
France

Hello, it is working since the last major update.
Is it same from you side?
2022-6-22
Use props
stevencasteel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359879 ft
United States

User PAROINA gave me a solution. I have Skyreat ND filters and was also getting the "wide-angle lens detected" and "wide-angle lens attached. Unable to shoot in Pano" errors.

Solution:

Have ND filter on before turning on. You may have to turn it off and on a second time.

If you are super super gentle. Like Indiana Jones and the golden idol gentle. Then you can switch ND filters while it is still on. But you will have the most success turning it off, switching lenses, then turning on.

Annoying, yes, but it works.
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules