DJI RS 2 Motors lock up when taking still images and timelapse.
644 2 2022-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oliayo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1271148 ft
Australia

Hey

My dji rs 2 gimbal does this thing where it jerks (motors lock up) for a second when I take still image. It even does it when I have the camera disconnected from the gimbal via cable. I’ve balanced it perfectly and calibrated it many times and it still does it.

My main concern for this is when I do Timelapse’s. It jerks enough to move a fraction. It’s not very image either, just randomly maybe 3 out of 10 photos it does it.

I’m using a Sony a7iii which is mirrorless, so the shutter shouldn’t really effect the balance. And it also does this when it is not connected via cable.

I just can’t figure out why it does it randomly or what I’m doing wrong?

2022-3-24
Use props
oliayo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1271148 ft
Australia

For all this playing at home. I turned on silent shooting mode on my Sony and it has eliminated the jerk. Not sure why the sound of the shutter was making that happen, connected and not connected via cable, but it’s all good now. Hope that helps someone else out there.
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there oliayo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out and for sharing how you have rectified the said issue as well. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules