Finally bought an RC Pro
2314 32 2022-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

I am so tired of 'dark screen' problems when flying my Air 2S. I though it was just muy old phone (Galaxy Note 8) playing up.
But when I bought a new Galaxy S22 Ultra, I have the same problem.
Often it looks good, but then other times he screen turns almost black and I have to hit RTH while I can still see the screen (just).
Tried all sorts of camera settings (even in developer mode), but no joy.
I was about to buy an RC, but quickly realised there is a new kid on the block. Lucky I didn't but the old version.
The other thing is, that even though the S22 Ultra has a large screen (for a phone), I could do with larger, and it is a hassle connecting it with basic RC every time.
Expensive - I know - but i want to enjoy my hobby, and currently there are times when I don't
I've order it from an official DJI store on eBay, becasue I get $100 Aus discount. Then I suppose I will have a Care package to pay for, but Care Refreash has been well worth it for my Air 2S and OSMO OM4 so far (both replaced with new ones)

DJI RC Pro.jpg
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ReproRetro. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI RC Pro ( https://www.dji.com/rc-pro?site=brandsite&from=nav ) . If you have any inquiries with the DJI RC Pro, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are all here to help and assist you. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-3-24
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-24 19:45
Hello there ReproRetro. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI RC Pro ( https://www.dji.com/rc-pro?site=brandsite&from=nav ) . If you have any inquiries with the DJI RC Pro, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are all here to help and assist you. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.  .

Thank yo. I'm looking forward to a real step-up in user experience
2022-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you'll love it,    I was sceptical about the smart controller, but after getting one the whole experience is much better,  and with the pro remote it should be so much faster.
2022-3-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats!
2022-3-25
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Thank you
2022-3-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2022-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats.  I recently purchased the Air 2S Fly More Combo with the RC Pro Controller.  So much easier to use than any of my smart devices and much brighter.  When you get it I found this video to be quite helpful with setup and tips.

2022-3-25
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 12:11
Congrats.  I recently purchased the Air 2S Fly More Combo with the RC Pro Controller.  So much easier to use than any of my smart devices and much brighter.  When you get it I found this video to be quite helpful with setup and tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_Z6JUsO0

Thank you for that.
Can't wait now
2022-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 3-25 16:43
Thank you for that.
Can't wait now

You're very welcome.  
2022-3-25
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-25 00:03
I think you'll love it,    I was sceptical about the smart controller, but after getting one the whole experience is much better,  and with the pro remote it should be so much faster.

Thank you
Luckily I'm reading ahead to user manual and discovered that a USB C charger isn't included with it. So have to buy one today
2022-3-25
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 3-25 19:04
Thank you
Luckily I'm reading ahead to user manual and discovered that a USB C charger isn't included with it. So have to buy one today

Hi ReproRetro.  I was very skeptical since many had issues with the original SC and the A2S, but am thoroughly pleased with the RCP now.  Keep in mind to get a powerful enough charger to "quick charge" the device.  I use the Apple 30W that I use for my tablet.
2022-3-25
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

dr6583 Posted at 3-25 23:02
Hi ReproRetro.  I was very skeptical since many had issues with the original SC and the A2S, but am thoroughly pleased with the RCP now.  Keep in mind to get a powerful enough charger to "quick charge" the device.  I use the Apple 30W that I use for my tablet.

Thanks for that. I've just bought a charger, so all ready for RCP to arrive on Tuesday
2022-3-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Congrats, many happy flights
2022-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReproRetro Posted at 3-25 19:04
Thank you
Luckily I'm reading ahead to user manual and discovered that a USB C charger isn't included with it. So have to buy one today

Seems very typical of the lots of products now,   even iPhones dont come with a charger anymore,  they just expect there to be so many usb chargers out there already.
2022-3-26
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-26 01:39
Seems very typical of the lots of products now,   even iPhones dont come with a charger anymore,  they just expect there to be so many usb chargers out there already.

That's true. I have a whole box of USB A chargers, but no USB C. Luckily my local K Mart (in Western Australia) had them cheaply
2022-3-26
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-26 00:16
Congrats, many happy flights

Thank you . I will, now that I have the right tools
2022-3-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

ReproRetro Posted at 3-26 05:38
Thank you . I will, now that I have the right tools

You are welcome, safe flying
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ReproRetro Posted at 3-24 22:44
Thank yo. I'm looking forward to a real step-up in user experience

Hi there ReproRetro. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReproRetro Posted at 3-26 05:37
That's true. I have a whole box of USB A chargers, but no USB C. Luckily my local K Mart (in Western Australia) had them cheaply

You just need a USB A to C cable.   although it will charge slower that way.
2022-3-26
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-26 23:32
You just need a USB A to C cable.   although it will charge slower that way.

Thank you for that
2022-3-27
Use props
highrisedrifter
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'd be very interested to hear how you like the RC Pro.
2022-3-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs Sir.   
2022-3-27
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

highrisedrifter Posted at 3-27 05:39

I will let you know
2022-3-27
Use props
azinne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 831014 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-26 21:38
Hi there ReproRetro. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

I'd love this remote. Is it compatible with the mini 2 yet?
2022-4-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

azinne Posted at 4-28 18:30
I'd love this remote. Is it compatible with the mini 2 yet?

Hi there azinne. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of this time the DJI RC Pro is only compatible with DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine and DJI Air 2S. Kindly please refer to the DJI official website for further updates concerning the compatibility of other models. Thank you.
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

ReproRetro, Congratulations . . . hope you enjoy yourself, the Smart Controller I bought to replace my iPAD Mini4, which our daughter
is now enjoying, has really been an eye-opener for me.  In some ways it is strange, and in others it is a joy.  Takes time I guess, be sure to let us know
how you are doing with it.
2022-4-29
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

highrisedrifter Posted at 3-27 05:39

Absolutely love it!
The difference is like night and day (pun intended). My cell phone screen kept going dark in warm weather, and at times the drone was unusable, even with a shield around the phone, but now the screen is bright all the time, even in sunshine.
The sticks have a better feel than the ones on the standard controller, and there are buttons for extra features.
And it's great not having to remove my phone from its wallet, clamp it in place and plug it in - then do the reverse at the end. And as my cell phone cost 33% more than an RC Pro, I was always concerned about dropping it and damaging the screen during the changeover. And lastly, it was annoying that I would be receiving social media messages, emails etc while trying to fly.
Another plus is that it frees up my phone so I can use the camera on it while the drone is flying.

2022-4-29
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-29 09:48
ReproRetro, Congratulations . . . hope you enjoy yourself, the Smart Controller I bought to replace my iPAD Mini4, which our daughter
is now enjoying, has really been an eye-opener for me.  In some ways it is strange, and in others it is a joy.  Takes time I guess, be sure to let us know
how you are doing with it.

Thank you for that. I love the RC Pro, it is a real level-up.
There is almost zero learning curve as the main difference for me is remembering that the buttons to switch between video and still, and the shutter button are in different places from the standard controller.
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 4-29 15:06
Thank you for that. I love the RC Pro, it is a real level-up.
There is almost zero learning curve as the main difference for me is remembering that the buttons to switch between video and still, and the shutter button are in different places from the standard controller.

You'll get it - no sweat...  You are just a snot-nosed-kid
2022-4-29
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-29 15:13
You'll get it - no sweat...  You are just a snot-nosed-kid

Ha ha. Thank you
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Will not give my years, but I understand that things are showing you that common
sense and reason, are more valuable than we thought they were, and you probably have too many doctor appointments  That young person inside of you is who counts, but keep the outside in shape
2022-5-1
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-1 08:33
Will not give my years, but I understand that things are showing you that common
sense and reason, are more valuable than we thought they were, and you probably have too many doctor appointments  That young person inside of you is who counts, but keep the outside in shape

Absolutely right
2022-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules