any way to download and back up Waypoint missions?
1901 12 2022-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DEVI Productions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 419665 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am involved in a long-term, 5-year project and will be setting up a few waypoint missions to keep the footage and photos consistent. I want to know if it is possible to back up these waypoint missions I create in case my smart controller resets or they get deleted in some way. I am using a Mavic 2 pro. Thank you and hope someone knows!

2022-3-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there.  Sorry for your inconvenience. Currently, Mavic 2 waypoint missions cannot be carried out on other devices. For example, it is not supported to perform the waypoint mission by using your mobile phone if the waypoint mission is saved on the iPad.
2022-3-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Honestly, I recommend that you invest in the app Litchi then. You will be able to plan your routes etc without even powering up the drone at all. When you get to site just load the waypoint, power up drone and off you go, no wastage of battery power and time, it is very efficient.
2022-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you get Litchi make sure you follow the Smart Controller instructions before you buy it as it has to come from the amazon store not the play store like if you on a phone.
2022-3-26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-26 01:45
If you get Litchi make sure you follow the Smart Controller instructions before you buy it as it has to come from the amazon store not the play store like if you on a phone.

Good advice DAFlys, because if you don't, you end up buying it twice. I'm glad I did some research first about the app on the appstore.
2022-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 3-26 02:37
Good advice DAFlys, because if you don't, you end up buying it twice. I'm glad I did some research first about the app on the appstore.

No probs Yogi.
2022-3-26
Use props
DEVI Productions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-25 22:09
Hello, there.  Sorry for your inconvenience. Currently, Mavic 2 waypoint missions cannot be carried out on other devices. For example, it is not supported to perform the waypoint mission by using your mobile phone if the waypoint mission is saved on the iPad.

I have a smart controller. I would like to back it up.
2022-3-28
Use props
DEVI Productions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-25 22:14
Honestly, I recommend that you invest in the app Litchi then. You will be able to plan your routes etc without even powering up the drone at all. When you get to site just load the waypoint, power up drone and off you go, no wastage of battery power and time, it is very efficient.

Good to know thank you. If i redo this mission, I will do it with Litchi. My issue is that I already have the missions set on my  M2pro via smart controller DJI app. I need to keep using these missions.  I want to know if it can be backed up just incase I loose it somehow.
2022-3-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DEVI Productions Posted at 3-28 09:04
Good to know thank you. If i redo this mission, I will do it with Litchi. My issue is that I already have the missions set on my  M2pro via smart controller DJI app. I need to keep using these missions.  I want to know if it can be backed up just incase I loose it somehow.

With GO4 I cannot remember since it has been a while but with Litchi the missions can be saved and used again 5 years from now.
2022-3-28
Use props
DEVI Productions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

last week. I went to online DJI chat Support and was told by DJI support that it was possible. The person in the Chat said I would be sent instructions via email on how to but I was not sent anything.
2022-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DEVI Productions Posted at 3-28 09:04
Good to know thank you. If i redo this mission, I will do it with Litchi. My issue is that I already have the missions set on my  M2pro via smart controller DJI app. I need to keep using these missions.  I want to know if it can be backed up just incase I loose it somehow.

You can set up your missions at Litchi.com. All you missions will be saved you can also make them public so others can fly them. You can also avail of hundreds of missions flown by others.
2022-3-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DEVI Productions Posted at 3-28 09:56
last week. I went to online DJI chat Support and was told by DJI support that it was possible. The person in the Chat said I would be sent instructions via email on how to but I was not sent anything.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have confirmed this with our engineers about this question. The storage path of Mavic 2 waypoint missions cannot be provided. For your feedback, may we know when did you contact our chat support and what is his/her name? If it is convenient, would you please tell us the personal information you used to contact us through PM? Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-3-30
Use props
ABM
lvl.1

India

Hello, is there any update to this? I’d like to transfer waypoints mission files from my iPhone to the Smart Controller, so I can use my existing waypoints with my new Mavic 3 Pro. Thanks.
2023-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules