2501 67 2022-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trzcina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 458937 ft
Poland

Hi All Mini2 users.

I write this post to warn you not to take the latest upgrade of mini2. I did for both controller and the drone, and here is new wonderful video quality received with this update.. Check the roof line, what a beatiful conversion from a straight line to a parabolic curve!!! I still have dji care, I am sending this crap to them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/132TSegdS9mi-GfRnXDl1fX7zdpp6YgN0/view?usp=sharing

Bez tytułu.jpg
2022-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Odd,  Ive done the firmware and not had any issues.
2022-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Check the roof line, what a beatiful conversion from a straight line to a parabolic curve!!! I still have dji care, I am sending this crap to them

So I checked the roofline and it's perfectly straight.
What are you complaining about?
And why are you doing anything with this soft, cached, reduced-size image anyway?
Use the actual imahe files fromthe SD card.

162825i8iy6pyaqoqqbqyy2.jpg
2022-3-26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Optical illusion perhaps? Caused by camera angle and wavy horizon?
2022-3-26
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Not possible to download your file without begging for access.

Roofline is NOT straight (see picture), there's a distinc wobble. Maybe rolling shutter effect.
But we need to see the video.

162825i8iy6pyaqoqqbqyy - c2.jpg
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Labroides Posted at 3-26 02:37
Check the roof line, what a beatiful conversion from a straight line to a parabolic curve!!! I still have dji care, I am sending this crap to them

So I checked the roofline and it's perfectly straight.
[Image]
So first if all this is not a cached image, this is a still frame captured from movie file. That is point #1. Now, point #2 is, check your theorerically perfect straight yellow line you have overlayed onto the roof, and conpare with black part of roof and horizon. Still see nothing? Be more precise, try to fit parabolic curve and you'll see which is more accurate. I will send the the yt link to the movie. And no, I do not complain. I have compared to movies I have done earlier. I can prove it with side to side. There is nothing to complain other than pure facts.
2022-3-26
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Trzcina Posted at 3-26 02:51
So first if all this is not a cached image, this is a still frame captured from movie file. That is point #1. Now, point #2 is, check your theorerically perfect straight yellow line you have overlayed onto the roof, and conpare with black part of roof and horizon. Still see nothing? Be more precise, try to fit parabolic curve and you'll see which is more accurate. I will send the the yt link to the movie. And no, I do not complain. I have compared to movies I have done earlier. I can prove it with side to side. There is nothing to complain other than pure facts.

So where is the link to the video on YouTube?
2022-3-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange.  It looks more like a thumbnail image than the full res. you might expect.
2022-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Trzcina Posted at 3-26 02:51
So first if all this is not a cached image, this is a still frame captured from movie file. That is point #1. Now, point #2 is, check your theorerically perfect straight yellow line you have overlayed onto the roof, and conpare with black part of roof and horizon. Still see nothing? Be more precise, try to fit parabolic curve and you'll see which is more accurate. I will send the the yt link to the movie. And no, I do not complain. I have compared to movies I have done earlier. I can prove it with side to side. There is nothing to complain other than pure facts.

I still can't see what you are complaining about?
Here's another perfectly straight line.
162825i8iy6pyaqoqqbqyy3.jpg
2022-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 3-26 03:33
Strange.  It looks more like a thumbnail image than the full res. you might expect.

Not surprising as it's 2325 x 1257.
Much smaller than full resolution.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Labroides Posted at 3-26 03:44
Here's another perfectly straight line.[Image]

Do the same with horizon... put the thin line, with thick line you will mask everything... or.. just leave it. I will show it on the movie.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Mhinc Posted at 3-26 03:17
So where is the link to the video on YouTube?

I'm outta home, but will upload it, raw and in slomo. The deformation is there.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

yogi053 Posted at 3-26 02:41
Optical illusion perhaps? Caused by camera angle and wavy horizon?

But this illusion is everywhere: with horizon, with roof.. and movies I made in the past do not have this illusion...
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Here's another perfectly straight line.[Image]

I have reviewed it again and you actually show the problem very well. Check bottom yellow line above gates 6543. That is the warp i talk about.
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So you know for a fact that the roof is perfectly flat? Did you use your electronic transit theodolite integrated with electronic distance measurement (EDM) to prove your theory? Obviously your a civil engineer to make such claims.

Was there any heat haze to distort, either way I agree with all the others in that your wrong.
2022-3-26
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Which resolution did you use? DM 2 has image distortion on 2.7k mode from the start.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-26 08:30
So you know for a fact that the roof is perfectly flat? Did you use your electronic transit theodolite integrated with electronic distance measurement (EDM) to prove your theory? Obviously your a civil engineer to make such claims.

Was there any heat haze to distort, either way I agree with all the others in that your wrong.

Video will open your eyes. Stop being rude, it is there.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Tuxtard Posted at 3-26 10:05
Which resolution did you use? DM 2 has image distortion on 2.7k mode from the start.

That is precisely 2.7K @ 60FPS but I have never seen that before in this mode. Have other movies.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Another example before I will post the video. I assume all roofs should be parabolic and for some of users here it is perfectly normal. Attached a movie still with thoroughly drawn straight lines. Download and zoom please. You will see by your own eyes I'm not inventing.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Another still from video, and another perfect straight line and no reason to complain...
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Next you be telling us the back not as high as the front,
2022-3-26
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The image distortion in the mini 2 was there from the beginning. It is most visible in the 2.7k image. I have described it here before. image distorsion
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-26 10:53
Next you be telling us the back not as high as the front,

When you cannot beat my thesis with arguments, it is time to be rude. So pathetic.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Here is the video link: DJI MINI 2 Video Distortion

https://youtu.be/_jamL2glDto

Observe little bit below horizon line at the center of image, also seen perfectly in rotations.

EDIT: I am uploading hi res version. See next posts.

2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

nOxxxx Posted at 3-26 11:06
The image distortion in the mini 2 was there from the beginning. It is most visible in the 2.7k image. I have described it here before. image distorsion

And this is the greatest answer of this thread, thanks!

That's exactly what happened with the first bunch of firmwares for Mini 1.
It can be fixed by firmware.
It looks like they forgot to add the perspective correction for the new video modes (compared to the old Mini)
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

@nOxxxx, do you observe the same in 4K mode? Or is it only 2.7k? THanks in advance.
@@DJI Stephen can you push for solution?

2022-3-26
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

In the 4k30 and 2.7k30 images, there is much less distortion in the center of the image, where the eyes are focused. I stopped using the 2.7k60 due to visible image distortion. Look carefully at my test charts from the attached link. Everything is clearly visible there.
2022-3-26
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Easy to see, when you know where to find,  but have not noticed before now
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

BWJ Posted at 3-26 12:53
Easy to see, when you know where to find,  but have not noticed before now

Indeed. Devil is always in details but I can tell: I noticed immediately after fw upgrade. I fly a lot, record a lot, watch a lot. I will check with 4K.
2022-3-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's another perfectly straight line.

Your top yellow line is covering the distortion, without your top line, you can clearly see that the dark area between your 2 lines goes from thin to thick, thin to thick...Robin Hood's bow was straighter...

025932u5wjq56qh3sqqcq01.png
2022-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 3-26 18:10
Your top yellow line is covering the distortion, without your top line, you can clearly see that the dark area between your 2 lines goes from thin to thick, thin to thick...Robin Hood's bow was straighter...
What's under that red line looks straight.
Can we be sure that the boundary of the black area is actually straight?

I'd be more concerned at how soft and mushy the video quality was before getting excited about this.
2022-3-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-26 18:45
What's under that red line looks straight.
Can we be sure that the boundary of the black area is actually straight?

You can just see the black appearing past that line, again the line is masking some of it, thats why when i move my line further up, it highlights the issue more,  ive just watched the video in the link a few posts up and wow, its very noticeable...
2022-3-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres the link in case ya missed it

2022-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 3-26 19:12
You can just see the black appearing past that line, again the line is masking some of it, thats why when i move my line further up, it highlights the issue more,  ive just watched the video in the link a few posts up and wow, its very noticeable...

In the video, that building is only visible (and only in part of the frame) when the camera is panning across it.
Rolling shutter causes all kinds of distortion when things are moving.
I don't think this video is suitable for drawing any conclusions.
There are  better ways to tell if there really is an issue, and if the OP is concerned, he should try those before assuming that firmware updates caused a problem.
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Trzcina. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. I will forward this matter to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you.
2022-3-26
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Labroides Posted at 3-26 19:48
In the video, that building is only visible (and only in part of the frame) when the camera is panning across it.
Rolling shutter causes all kinds of distortion when things are moving.
I don't think this video is suitable for drawing any conclusions.

Apparently, for DJI this video is suitable for raising a concern. Issue has been reported and DJI opened investigation process I have ticket for that. I will update this thread with results of process, I will repeat this flight with 4K mode enabled to see if there is any difference. For me, this happen after firmware upgrade, so I have no reason to believe that this is not the root cause. Stop your fanatism, face the facts, solve the problem.
2022-3-27
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Trzcina Posted at 3-26 10:37
Video will open your eyes. Stop being rude, it is there.

Wow!  I think you need to take a look in the mirror in regards to being rude.  You are also demanding.
First of all, you come on here, new user and immediately start going off about your issues, without reading other threads or searching for this same issue.
Secondly, you sound like you are expecting something way more for the cost you paid for your Mini 2.  I am sorry but you get what you pay for.  DJI has crammed a LOT into the Mini 2 with a cheaper price point.
Also it's amusing that you think @ing the mods will get you anywhere.  
2022-3-27
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Trzcina Posted at 3-27 01:27
Apparently, for DJI this video is suitable for raising a concern. Issue has been reported and DJI opened investigation process I have ticket for that. I will update this thread with results of process, I will repeat this flight with 4K mode enabled to see if there is any difference. For me, this happen after firmware upgrade, so I have no reason to believe that this is not the root cause. Stop your fanatism, face the facts, solve the problem.

Ha ha ha.  Ya they opened a ticket, let us know how that goes for you.  You are dreaming if you think that means anything when it comes to DJI support.  They'd open a ticket for anything, just to shut you up.  Others here will agree.  Trust me, they don't consider your issue and issue, they are just shutting you up.  They will either never get back to you, or tell you it's expected behaviour.
2022-3-27
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Mhinc Posted at 3-27 01:41
Wow!  I think you need to take a look in the mirror in regards to being rude.  You are also demanding.
First of all, you come on here, new user and immediately start going off about your issues, without reading other threads or searching for this same issue.
Secondly, you sound like you are expecting something way more for the cost you paid for your Mini 2.  I am sorry but you get what you pay for.  DJI has crammed a LOT into the Mini 2 with a cheaper price point.
1) Good point about myself not searching the threads. You are right here. Even worse point for DJI it has been noticed earlier and nothing was done about.
2) Very bad point for you justifying this issue with a price, and reason i think that is simple: it was simply not there with previous fw versions - I can prove it with evidence.  When you say such things in a such way, you allow dji not to take care anymore.

Now you are asking myself to look in the mirror: I started with facts - and true, with frustration  - and ended up with one or two fanatics making an idiot out of me in light of visible evidence. In course of discussion, the issue has been proved, I provided evidence which has been reviewed and confirmed, and as you have noticed similar thread was there one year ago. Despote of that some of users of this forum would not agree they were in the mistake, have kept their mindset everywhere but not close to agree, that is the issue there. In such case, I have limited patience.
2022-3-27
Use props
Trzcina
lvl.2
Poland

Mhinc Posted at 3-27 01:43
Ha ha ha.  Ya they opened a ticket, let us know how that goes for you.  You are dreaming if you think that means anything when it comes to DJI support.  They'd open a ticket for anything, just to shut you up.  Others here will agree.  Trust me, they don't consider your issue and issue, they are just shutting you up.  They will either never get back to you, or tell you it's expected behaviour.

And if that is the case - and you may be right - then the myth of wonderful dji support wilk be gone. I am however not the one who surrenders just because "this is the way they do that to shut you up".
2022-3-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules