Which app to use with Spark and Samsung S20 Plus?
5218 10 2022-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Hi there, Sparkians! ;)

I indeed ask for a friend of mine who tries to get his Spark flying with his Samsung S20 Plus - and did not succeed. His smartphone runs under Android 12, I guess that's the problem.
Is there any advice, any hacks, hints, tricks he could try? Which app to use, which version? DJI Fly also working? He got DJI Fly running, but can't control the Spark.

And please: If there's a thread/post already dealing with the issue, give me a link pointing to the solution - not the typical "use the search function", that would be of great help.
I am a Mini 2 user not at home with everything Spark, so a quick and precise advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Landey. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Spark used the DJI Go 4 application and upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S20 Plus ) that you want to use on your DJI Spark. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S20 Plus will be able to work. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI drone  and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Thank you.

2022-3-26
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you very much for your detailled reply, Stephen!
I relayed that information to my friend - let's hope he'll get everything GOing now.
2022-3-26
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Landey Posted at 3-26 23:40
Thank you very much for your detailled reply, Stephen!
I relayed that information to my friend - let's hope he'll get everything GOing now.

Hi Landey,

I'm pretty sure we won't see a Go4 update that works on the newest phones.
I can only suggest (and I do it that way) to get a used older phone (a model which is supported by Go4 app) and use that phone solely for flying the Spark.
I bought a used LG G5 phone that had a broken camera, but else works great.

HTH,
Wolferl
2022-3-27
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Wolferl Posted at 3-27 01:31
Hi Landey,

I'm pretty sure we won't see a Go4 update that works on the newest phones.

Hi Wolferl ins Nachbarland! ;)

Astonishingly, my friend finally managed to get his S20 Plus running with the Go app - including video transmission. And as always: He claims to have changed just nothing.
Maybe the "Ghost of DJI" paid him a night visit and did some secret settings.
So he's up and running again. ;)
2022-3-27
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Landey Posted at 3-27 02:04
Hi Wolferl ins Nachbarland! ;)

Astonishingly, my friend finally managed to get his S20 Plus running with the Go app - including video transmission. And as always: He claims to have changed just nothing.

Hey Landey,

Interesting, thats the first time I hear somebody did that.
Do you have information on which Android version your friend's phone is working with?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-3-28
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Wolferl Posted at 3-28 03:56
Hey Landey,

Interesting, thats the first time I hear somebody did that.

He says he's under Android 12.
But there's no physical connection between controller and smartphone, yet. - He lost the cable.
I'll send him mine today or tomorrow, so let's wait if this changes anything.
2022-3-28
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Landey Posted at 3-28 04:23
He says he's under Android 12.
But there's no physical connection between controller and smartphone, yet. - He lost the cable.
I'll send him mine today or tomorrow, so let's wait if this changes anything.

The USB-OTG cables are easy and cheap to get on Amazon.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-3-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If there's still a problem, try Litchi.  It's a paid App but it just WORKS with a host of DJI drones including the Spark.
2022-5-23
Use props
Daniel.50
New
Switzerland

Blériot53 Posted at 5-23 03:00
If there's still a problem, try Litchi.  It's a paid App but it just WORKS with a host of DJI drones including the Spark.

Positive! I use Litchi on a S22 to control a Spark. DJI Go 4 is useless on a S22.
2022-6-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daniel.50 Posted at 6-7 10:45
Positive! I use Litchi on a S22 to control a Spark. DJI Go 4 is useless on a S22.

Android version 12 kills the DJI Go4 App. on any Android device. ( My A51 for example)  Luckily I have others
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules