5514 14 2022-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinotto
lvl.2

Sweden

Hey guys,
I have a very strange problem.

The drone fly well with the GoPro mounted on top of the drone. But as soon as I hit REC on the GoPro the number of connected satellites drastically drops.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
2022-3-26
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

Hi martinotto

This is a known issue, it occurs when the gopro is mounted directly above the gps of the fpv drone.
Some mounts (where the gopro is more towards the front of the drone) seem to reduce or eliminate this problem.You can try to turn off wifi and gps of the gopro.
you will find more info on this by searching on the forums or on the net.

2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there martinotto. I am sorry for the trouble 'this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The issue can be a signal interference from your action camera mounted to your DJI FPV. Just a reminder that 3rd party accessories like mounted action cameras might affect the DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-3-26
Use props
martinotto
lvl.2

Sweden

Dakilla Posted at 3-26 13:48
Hi martinotto

This is a known issue, it occurs when the gopro is mounted directly above the gps of the fpv drone.

Thanks man. Yes. I’m experimenting with aluminum foil right now.
There should be some kind of script to turn of the radio signals from the GoPro.
It doesn’t help if you turn of wifi and gps.

2022-3-27
Use props
fans3509fdbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

How about using the new gopro 10 bones? Just need a way to pull power.
2022-4-15
Use props
martinotto
lvl.2

Sweden

fans3509fdbd Posted at 4-15 16:02
How about using the new gopro 10 bones? Just need a way to pull power.

I don’t know when this is released in Europe?

I’ll found a solution to the problem. Simply install a camera mount that is placed in the front of the drone. Then I added a cardboard wrapped in foil and just attached that at the back of the camera with a rubber band. 25 satellites!
2022-4-18
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Action cameras have a long history of RFI issues, especially in the drone and general RC hobby. Go back as far as the GoPro2 and Möbius action cameras and there were many reports of GPS interference, not just to the GPS but also some UHF control links.

In the case of the Möbius action camera the interference was most severe on the 433MHz band which some long range systems used. A couple of manufacturers came out with aftermarket self fir metal cases which did a reasonable job of screening. I personally used adhesive copper foil on the inside of the plastic case.  One of my small/mid-sized drones, a Xugong Pro 2, caries a GPH4B. This really screws with the DJI Naza GPS receiver. To get around this I have used the same adhesive copper foil inside the camera, placed the Naza V2 flight controller in a screened aluminium case, and screened the underside of the GPS receiver.

Digital cameras use very fast switching digital circuits, which in turn generate very high frequency noise. These cameras have generally got smaller as they’ve become more powerful, and there’s less room to effectively screen the noisy circuits. With these cameras there’s no real priority to screen against RFI as using them in radio situations, such as with your drone, isn’t exactly a primary use. So why would the manufacturers go to trouble and cost of doing this when the market is relatively small?
2022-4-22
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

martinotto Posted at 4-18 22:28
I don’t know when this is released in Europe?

I’ll found a solution to the problem. Simply install a camera mount that is placed in the front of the drone. Then I added a cardboard wrapped in foil and just attached that at the back of the camera with a rubber band. 25 satellites!

Can you please show the mount, link or picture?
2022-5-2
Use props
martinotto
lvl.2

Sweden

Here is the mount but also some pics on my foil solution.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YY9G9HHSU/dji-fpv-front-mount-top-only?productConfiguration=206180796&etId=201709421&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-shipped&utm_content=5
7DC7FA23-4A6B-4081-A406-74FD82E2D281.jpeg
49FA2B45-C763-4ABE-B0B7-13E52D7C2B0A.jpeg
B69688DA-BC8F-4D14-ADCA-9167FEE74B17.jpeg
2022-5-2
Use props
martinotto
lvl.2

Sweden

Nikolay Atanasov Posted at 5-2 11:43
Can you please show the mount, link or picture?

See my post below
2022-5-2
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

martinotto Posted at 5-2 12:31
Here is the mount but also some pics on my foil solution.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YY9G9HHSU/dji-fpv-front-mount-top-only?productConfiguration=206180796&etId=201709421&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-shipped&utm_content=5[Image]

Cool! Thank you!
2022-5-3
Use props
michaelrubio15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 682185 ft
Australia

martinotto Posted at 5-2 12:31
Here is the mount but also some pics on my foil solution.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YY9G9HHSU/dji-fpv-front-mount-top-only?productConfiguration=206180796&etId=201709421&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-shipped&utm_content=5

Thats such a strange fix but this works? I thought it might be the kind of mount that I got but if yours was still interfering that's not it. Have you got a better solution than this now? Seems like a dodgy fix
2022-5-9
Use props
martinotto
lvl.2

Sweden

Strange and dodgy but it works perfectly!
2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_ZssOWPxJPtHe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2278717 ft
Turkey

Hi guys. Try it with 4k30fps gopro record. 4k 60fps problem
2022-10-12
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Just make sure your home point is set and you are good to go even with less sats.

2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules