Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DJI,

Who did design the Fly app in your company for the mavic 3?, a little 6 year old kid?!,
What a useless amature bad app you did make.

I even think that a 6 year old can do it better than what you did make at the DJI software office!
A great kids app for a semi professional expensif drone is it?! jesus!

thank you,
Vincent
2022-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thats a bit racist….
2022-3-26
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-26 16:18
thats a bit racist….

yes thats correct, i will change it
2022-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DRAGenDROP Posted at 3-26 16:21
by telling someone is short?! Jesus.

I’d say the same to them if they said similar about Dutch people who also may not be the perfect race. You rant about the app and are very descriptive of the Chinese , but you mention only that the app is childish , but no specifics of what exactly is the problem with the app.
2022-3-26
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-26 16:26
I’d say the same to them if they said similar about Dutch people who also may not be the perfect race. You rant about the app and are very descriptive of the Chinese , but you mention only that the app is childish , but no specifics of what exactly is the problem with the app.

I do not need to explain what's wrong with the app, everybody know it and they do to, only they play the "oh sorry we did not know that" game.

The same thing like they know about the latest 4 very dangerous updates of the Inspire 2!

very pro this way!

2022-3-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, now thats the pot calling the kettle...
To me that's being childish, slagging off a company about their product yet not actually wanting to highlight the problem.
And to say that a 6-year-old could build a better app is stretching it somewhat.

Why not just tell everyone what it is about the app thats gripping ya poop? put a suggestion forward, thats how things are changed if its a reasonable suggestion there are calls for it.
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please tell us what specific issue you encountered?
2022-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id certainly like to see some of the bugs corrected,  like the auto sync of images now working correctly.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 3-26 18:58
Wow, now thats the pot calling the kettle...
To me that's being childish, slagging off a company about their product yet not actually wanting to highlight the problem.
And to say that a 6-year-old could build a better app is stretching it somewhat.

I’d say the post is that of a 6 year old…
2022-3-27
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 06:59
I’d say the post is that of a 6 year old…

Of course you would, because any time anyone has anything negative to say about DJI or its products, you can't keep yourself from lowering the discussion.
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 3-26 22:42
Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please tell us what specific issue you encountered?

The Fly app might be OK for casual users of DJI's cheapest drones, but it's just not good enough for serious users of expensive drones like the Mavic 3.
Here are a few of the problems serious users have with the DJI Fly app.
  • No option to disable VPS sensors
  • Not being able to adjust camera settings with the controller
  • No option to have continuous file index
  • No option to use a grid on screen
  • Inadequate display of features and functions
  • Not having the full range of settings and options that were available in Go 4.

All these features have been available for years in Go4, but now DJI thinks it is good enough to impose a crummy, entry level app and controller on users of their expensive top level prosumer drone.
DJI need to talk to some serious users and find out what's important in an app.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 3-27 07:18
Of course you would, because any time anyone has anything negative to say about DJI or its products, you can't keep yourself from lowering the discussion.

I suppose you checked who my post was directed to. Or are you putting your foot in your mouth again.
2022-3-27
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 07:32
I suppose you checked who my post was directed to. Or are you putting your foot in your mouth again.

And you think the OP wasn't directed at you?  Just because you live here doesn't mean you own this place.  

When you can't contribute anything but insults, how about you just don't reply?
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

In the new App.

1/Much easier access to all features
2/ Much easier access to all camera controls
3/ Much cleaner interface and less time spent trolling through senseless menus
4/ much easier access to all drone settings and parameters including Camera parameters
Its also a developing app just as GO4 was when it was released.
GO 4 was never a professional app, it was an app that professionals used because they had nothing else. It is an app cluttered with menus that make little sense.
The fly app is obviously being developed. So yes there are a couple of things missing .

Im not sure about the Grid on screen. But I have one on mine and I also have options of others. If I change from camera to video I don’t have to go through menus to know all my settings.
If I want to use AT I can simply user with on swipe of my finger or any other feature for that matter. No more trolling through 3 pages of menus . Taking Panoramas is much easier again from front page . In go4 3 pages .
So yes it needs improvement but it is just as professional as the go4 app IMO.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 3-27 07:43
And you think the OP wasn't directed at you?  Just because you live here doesn't mean you own this place.  

When you can't contribute anything but insults, how about you just don't reply?

Again read the posts and stop putting your foot in your mouth. Unless you are being selective here, in the OP of the thread the Chinese people were referred to as 6 year old short people and you have no problem with that. Yet I said it was the comment of a 6 year old and you do have a proble with that. And post 6 goes into much more detail of the OPs ignorance and you have no problem with that. I’m starting to feel my comment is not your problem.
2022-3-27
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 08:08
Again read the posts and stop putting your foot in your mouth. Unless you are being selective here, in the OP of the thread the Chinese people were referred to as 6 year old short people and you have no problem with that. Yet I said it was the comment of a 6 year old and you do have a proble with that. And post 6 goes into much more detail of the OPs ignorance and you have no problem with that. I’m starting to feel my comment is not your problem.

My problem is with you trying to bully everyone that expresses an opinion contrary to your own, into submission.  DJI is quite capable of handling responses directed towards them.  Just stop doing it.  Show some self control.
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 08:03
In the new App.

Why can't you understand that other users have different priorities from you?
Why do you keep trying to invalidate the concerns of others every time they are expressed?
Why is it so hard to understand that some users have different requirements from yours?
Your comments come from someone with an artificially rosy idea about Go and some false ideas about Go4.

No .. try resetting your home point

2/ Much easier access to all camera controls
No .. With Go4 drones, you can do it with the controller while still flying.

3/ Much cleaner interface and less time spent trolling through senseless menus

Very little trawling through menus is needed in Go4 and they are well laid out - not senseless at all

4/ much easier access to all drone settings and parameters including Camera parameters

That's just your fantasy and not true at all.

GO 4 was never a professional app, it was an app that professionals used because they had nothing else.

Your memory is faulty.
Go4 was great from the start and many other professionals have similar comments to mine.

It is an app cluttered with menus that make little sense.
That was incorrect the first time you said that.

The fly app is obviously being developed.
It's 4 years old, had some minor tweaks but nothing to address any of the real issues I've put here.

Im not sure about the Grid on screen.

If it's there, I didn't find it in the clumsy interface when I was using a Fly drone.

If I want to use AT I can simply user with on swipe of my finger or any other feature for that matter.
AT ??  I don't know what you mean.  

So yes it needs improvement but it is just as professional as the go4 app IMO.
It's not professional at all.
It's a crummy entry-level app better suited for DJI's basic economy models.
Serious users need to have options.
The Mavic 3 is priced like a serious SLR camera but has an app for simple point-and-shoot users.

2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Spazoo Posted at 3-27 08:22
My problem is with you trying to bully everyone that expresses an opinion contrary to your own, into submission.  DJI is quite capable of handling responses directed towards them.  Just stop doing it.  Show some self control.

Well said !!
2022-3-27
Use props
Nowind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

self control is not possible with this individual I think.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 3-27 08:22

Oh ok it is for DJI , but they asked him the same question I did. He hasn’t answered yet.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-27 08:25
Why can't you understand that other users have different priorities from you?
Why do you keep trying to invalidate the concerns of others every time they are expressed?
Why is it so hard to understand that some users have different requirements from yours?

Why are you saying the app is useless when you’ve only used if for a couple of days.

1/There is little difference in setting homepoint, except fly has more options
2/ you cannot change all cameras settings with RC or video settings
3/there are a lot more menus to trawl through in go 4 than fly
4/it is much easier to to set drone settings

The menus are not needed most of them , much easies to tap front and what your looking for comes up rather than trying to find it through pages of menus.

AT active track and follow circle etc, a much used feature by professionals.

All DSLR (SLR)?  camera apps are trying to be simpler more user friendly and this is what users want do you really think its otherwise. Do you honestly think Pro photographers want clutter and complicated menus if it can be avoided. With the exception of Sony that everyone complains about all camera manufacturers are trying to simplify there menus.

Im a user to just like many others and I have used Dji go, Go 4, pilot and fly and the best laid out app is fly the easiest to navigate is fly and yes its still developing and missing a couple of things, just as all apps from dji were when they were developing. Having seen the other day pilot 2v app at a demo for M30 it has a very similar user interface as fly app does except for more bells and whistles , but the menu systems are similar so it easy to see where they’re going with this. It will improve but go4 wont.
2022-3-27
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 09:27
Why are you saying the app is useless when you’ve only used if for a couple of days.

yea canon would not sell as many new cameras if they stripped software features.    drop 2500 on new camera an find out it has new stripped down software... lol.  fly app sucks.     
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-27 11:04
yea canon would not sell as many new cameras if they stripped software features.    drop 2500 on new camera an find out it has new stripped down software... lol.  fly app sucks.

Well I own a GFX 50s11 its a 5k camera. It doesn’t have stripped features but it has a striped down menus much easier to navigate than older versions. There are about 2/3 missing features in fly app but it has many shortcuts and is still in development, just like Go4 was for months after it was originally available for Phantom 4. And that was missing features like no way to turn off VPS for months after DJI go app.
2022-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-27 07:23
The Fly app might be OK for casual users of DJI's cheapest drones, but it's just not good enough for serious users of expensive drones like the Mavic 3.

All of these items are missing features of the drone, not necessarily a deficiency of the Fly app.  DJI has just completely gimped the M3 and the features they are giving it.  

Many people forget that the Go 4 app was very different for different drones.  The features available and how exactly they looked in Go 4 was different depending upon what drone you were flying at the time.  

Not having an option to disable the vision sensors is not a deficiency of the Fly app.  I mean seriously, it’s a toggle switch in the app.  The problem is that DJI has refused to implement this capability into the drone itself.   

In terms of controlling the exposure via a 5D button of the right scroll wheel is simply adding some text to the drop downs in the Fly app.  However, DJI refuse to add that functionality into the firmware of the controller and drone.  

I could go through almost every other complaint people have “with the Fly app”.  They are simple things to add into the interface.  A 6-yr old could literally add those capabilities to the Fly app.  It is the drone itself that is the problem.  DJI for some reason has decided the M3 is a consumer drone and doesn’t need advanced features.  

This is exemplified by the just released Matrice M30 that already has the SDK released for it!  DJI is treating it and it’s features like the enterprise drone it is.  And they are treating the M3 as a basic consumer drone.  It is becoming more and more obvious every day that they don’t implement all of these features into the drone.  

But seriously, people need to stop equating missing drone features with the Fly app being basic.  The app is NOT the problem!  The drone and its lack of features are the problem.  
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 09:27
Why are you saying the app is useless when you’ve only used if for a couple of days.

Your repeated nagging posting the same thing makes no difference.
The further development of Fly you harp about isn't ever going to change the things I've mentioned.
You can't take a hint can you?
You have no idea how irritating you are.

2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 3-27 15:28
All of these items are missing features of the drone, not necessarily a deficiency of the Fly app.  DJI has just completely gimped the M3 and the features they are giving it.  

Many people forget that the Go 4 app was very different for different drones.  The features available and how exactly they looked in Go 4 was different depending upon what drone you were flying at the time.  

Missing from Fly .. missing from all drones that use Fly .. in the end it's just a different way to say the same thing.
In the end, the Mavic 3  and/or its app just don't have the features and options it should for a drone of this price and the audience it's pitched at.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-27 15:40
The further development of Fly you harp about isn't ever going to change the things I've mentioned.

There you go again Labroids way or the highway. It’s actually you who has no clue, but every time anyone shows they know better you resort to insulting them. Goodbye.
2022-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-27 15:44
Missing from Fly .. missing from all drones that use Fly .. in the end it's just a different way to say the same thing.
In the end, the Mavic 3  and/or its app just don't have the features and options it should for a drone of this price and the audience it's pitched at.

I agree and disagree.   To say the app is terrible because some sliders don’t exist is placing the blame in the wrong place.  Rather than saying the Fly app sucks, let’s actually put the blame in the right place and say that the drone sucks because of the missing features (especially considering the price)!

In most aspects, not everything, about the Fly app is actually a better user interface than Go 4.  The problem is the lack of features they have thus far refused to add to the drones!
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 3-27 15:28

He’ll never listen, even if you spell it out to him. He’s as thick as an A$$… he continually offers up he cannot turn off VPS and the camera controls are too far away. He doesn’t like the app because it doesn’t have big black and green boxes.
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 15:58
He’ll never listen, even if you spell it out to him. He’s as thick as an A$$… he continually offers up he cannot turn off VPS and the camera controls are too far away. He doesn’t like the app because it doesn’t have big black and green boxes.

Of course ... that's your philosophy.
No differing opinion is valid.
No-one should pay any attention to an opinion that differs from yours.
And you are quick to accuse others of bullying.
You've become the troll you like to label others as.

You just don't do self-awareness, do you?

2022-3-27
Use props
Nowind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-27 15:40

Na this whatever is not capable of taking a hint,just has a trouble causing fetish.
2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-27 16:16
Of course ... that's your philosophy.
No differing opinion is valid.
No-one should pay any attention to an opinion that differs from yours.

Listen to yourself its you who won’t allow others to have an opinion. I think considering you seem to know very little about the fly app as you have shown, maybe you should listen to others opinion who actually use it. Instead of insulting their opinions. One thing is for certain with go4 app you’re flogging a dead horse and you’d be much better trying a different attack on this.
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 16:24
Listen to yourself its you who won’t allow others to have an opinion. I think considering you seem to know very little about the fly app as you have shown, maybe you should listen to others opinion who actually use it. Instead of insulting their opinions. One thing is for certain with go4 app you’re flogging a dead horse and you’d be much better trying a different attack on this.

.....  QED  .....
2022-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 15:58

David,
I’m not sure why you feel it is necessary to continuously take these personal potshots at people.  It doesn’t contribute anything constructive to the conversation or help anybody out.  You have a lot of knowledge and experience that could be very useful to a lot of people.  But people stop listening because the constructive is quite often overshadowed by the vast amount of unconstructive.  

The constant bickering and personal attacks from several regular participants in this forum make me not want to participate here on a regular basis. I want to come here to learn and share what I’ve learned.  But doing so is hard because it gets lost in the vast amount of trash that gets thrown into almost every thread.  

It really is frustrating to me.

Sincerely,
David

2022-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 3-27 16:31
David,
I’m not sure why you feel it is necessary to continuously take these personal potshots at people.  It doesn’t contribute anything constructive to the conversation or help anybody out.  You have a lot of knowledge and experience that could be very useful to a lot of people.  But people stop listening because the constructive is quite often overshadowed by the vast amount of unconstructive.  

Cheers id be grateful that you would repeat this to those others you are talking about and not single out some. But I take on board what you’re saying.
2022-3-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually enjoy both apps.  The Go 4 app has the feel of a power user app and is busier to look at.  Once learned you can go directly to what you need with not much effort spent.

The Fly app feels cleaner but gives access to powerful features.  It is missing battery voltage display which annoys me, but beyond that, it is intelligently laid out and works just fine.  I'm kind of amazed there is this much love or hate for either app.  Both work, are generally kept up to date, and appeal to different audiences.  It's just an app.  Both Go 4 and Fly are both better than so much other garbage out there.  
2022-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 16:33
Cheers id be grateful that you would repeat this to those others you are talking about and not single out some. But I take on board what you’re saying.

I have said very similar to a couple of others in the recent past as well.  I appreciate you being willing to listen to my input.  
2022-3-27
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-3-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Labroides Posted at 3-27 07:23

Hi, there. Greatly sorry for any inconvenience caused. For the grid setting, DJI Mavic 3 supports gridlines for recording. Please go to “Settings”, “Camera”, “General Settings”, “Gridlines”, and select gridlines as required. The two grid lines can be used simultaneously. Besides, we have forwarded your feedback to our related engineer. We listen to all the feedback on social media, will keep improving to provide you all more professional service, thank you again for your support.
2022-3-28
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-3-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules