Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
restriction warning/loss of contact with drone
425 3 2022-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

I noticed a good video of a flight over a pier. I have a question that has happened to me recently. I was trying to cross over a closed fishing pier/ no people on or around the pier, I was not going to stay over it or fim it the length, but I received from what I can recall a message that I was approching a restricted area, and the second time I was not as close and not even trying to cross it and I received a loss of contact with the drone message.  I had full control of the drone and returned for a landing and shiut down and then restarted and the
drone work fine.

I was in a non lannc area, I had a green light from over 5 apps, the DJi map showed no restrictions, I am baffled why I got two different warnings by approaching the pier.
Yes maybe the loss of contact was just dumb luck but it was fine until I got closer to the pier, I was not as close as the first encounter.  It almost seemed like some type of jammer was on the pier which I would not believe.

If anyone has any info or this has happened to you I would appreciate that info.  There was no reason why I could not fly where I was and just by trying to cross over the pier.

Thanks

Sterk03
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's unlikely that what you observed had anything to do with pier and it's just a coincidence that you were near the pier at the time.
Jamming being the cause is also highly unlikely.

If you post the recorded flight data, that should show what the messages were and someone might be able to make sense of the incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2022-3-27
Use props
Sterk03
lvl.2
United States

Thanks I got it. Yes I do not believe its anything also but a little strange that twice I get close to it and twice something happens which is not normal
and at about the same distance. No way I should have got a restriction warning and ok I guess you can lose contact, glad It was not over water and I still had control, it's just a first for both.

Thanks

Sterk03
2022-3-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sterk03. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 2 Pro to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules