Should I place in Airplane Mode? and Offline Maps...
4041 5 2022-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Hello,

So should I disable WiFi and BluTooth before flying (place in Airplane mode) ?  If left on, will it interfere with the RC to drone connection since WiFi uses similar bandwidths?

Also, what is the best way to "download" map data if I'm to be flying somewhere I don't have WiFi?  Put the address in the RCP before I leave my WiFi so the map data can populate?  Or is there a more preferred way?  Sorry for what may seem to many to be basic questions but I am still learning...
2022-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can disable WiFi and BlueTooth, but it's not necessary.
It really doesn't make much difference either way.
2022-3-27
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I use my smartphone as a hotspot to get updated maps on the RC Pro on the go...
Of course you have to set up this WiFi connection at home in peace, so that it doesn't get too complicated in the great outdoors...
2022-3-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dr6583. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Putting your mobile phone in Airplane mode while flying would lessen the interference like receiving calls and text messages while on flight. In addition, it is not necessary to put your device in Airplane mode but please make sure there is no such calls/text message or any notification that will interrupt you when using your device while flying your DJI Drone. Thank you.
2022-3-29
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-29 19:11
Hello there dr6583. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Putting your mobile phone in Airplane mode while flying would lessen the interference like receiving calls and text messages while on flight. In addition, it is not necessary to put your device in Airplane mode but please make sure there is no such calls/text message or any notification that will interrupt you when using your device while flying your DJI Drone. Thank you.

Since I have the RC Pro, phone calls and text messages are a non issue.  I was just wondering if the WiFi being enabled could somehow interfere with the RC to drone connection, and I take it from the replies the answer is no....it doesn't really matter if it is enabled or not during flight.

Thank you all for your replies!
2022-3-30
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-28 07:48
I use my smartphone as a hotspot to get updated maps on the RC Pro on the go...
Of course you have to set up this WiFi connection at home in peace, so that it doesn't get too complicated in the great outdoors...

I will keep this option in mind, thank you.
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules