what happened here?
1135 21 2022-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

I haven't recovered the drone yet,  what happened to it?  aircraft was disconected and i hit the rth but it did not come back'  will go back out to try to find it .  I just would like toknow what happened to it ,  thank you

2022-3-28
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Please post the flight log. Upload to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ and post the link here.
2022-3-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

i uploaded it to CSV on my Ipad and i  really dont know how to do it on here , so have patience with me and i will try again to upload it here   thank you
2022-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-28 04:28
i uploaded it to CSV on my Ipad and i  really dont know how to do it on here , so have patience with me and i will try again to upload it here   thank you

Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2022-3-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

thank you for the info
2022-3-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a point, pressing RTH after a disconnection is risky.
I know it is an almost reflexive action to make but If the drone was still disconnected at the time of the press then the press does nothing. However if the drone had reconnected the press will cancel any ongoing RTH and, if no commands are issued, leave the drone hovering until the low battery RTH kicks in.
Better to leave the RTH alone until you see evidence of a reconnection.
2022-3-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

now you tell me lol not to worry i will find it some day,  the problem is that right now the snow is up to my waist and the terrain is steep hills and i mean steep .
2022-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. You may open a Fly away ticket with our support team if the unit is still within warranty. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support . Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your valued uspport.
2022-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-28 07:14
now you tell me lol not to worry i will find it some day,  the problem is that right now the snow is up to my waist and the terrain is steep hills and i mean steep .

Do you want answers and to find the drone?
Are you going to post your data?
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

I am trying,  i think that i did get it through jjb by mail,  he gave me his email address and i am quite certain that he received it,  the flight records are from air data but that would be just as efficient,  thanks for your help.
2022-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-29 06:29
I am trying,  i think that i did get it through jjb by mail,  he gave me his email address and i am quite certain that he received it,  the flight records are from air data but that would be just as efficient,  thanks for your help.

Then post a link to the Airdata report .. here
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-29 02:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. You may open a Fly away ticket with our support team if the unit is still within warranty. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support . Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your valued uspport.

they want 65.00 from me in order to tell me what went wrong with the drone, seems to me that is quite unfair,  it wasn't pilot error it was a malfunction in the drone or controller , thank you
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-29 06:44

listen lad i am 75 years old,  this computer thing is not my forte , like i said i sent it by email to another lad on here and hopefully he can post it ,  thank you
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-29 06:44

https://app.airdata.com/share/zssSFM      i think i got it now ty
2022-3-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That worked Jack. on phantom help  https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/6LN5LSAWJAW0KHVN57JF
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI wants 65.00 from me to tell me what went wrong with the ac,  and offered me a 10% discount on a new ac,  yet this is not a pilot error
2022-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Your flight data just stops after 6:40.1 with no indications to show any problems in the flight up to that point.
You lost signal when you flew behind a hill about 300 metres to the northeast of your launch point and it blocked the signal to/from the controller.

At the time it was 187 ft higher than the launch point and already higher than the RTH height which was set at 148 ft.
Three seconds after losing signal, the drone will have initiated Failsafe RTH.
As it was higher than the RTH height, it will have flown towards the home point at the height it was already at which was approx 50 ft higher than the elevation Google Earth shows for the hill which was on the RTH path.
If there were any trees higher than 50 feet on the hilltop the drone probably crashed into one.

The location of the high point (the red arrow) on the RTH path is 45.92986  76.41702  and if there are trees there higher than 50 ft, that's the most likely spot to search.
C-1.jpg
2022-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-29 08:13
DJI wants 65.00 from me to tell me what went wrong with the ac,  and offered me a 10% discount on a new ac,  yet this is not a pilot error

There ... I just explained it better and faster than DJI would.
Save your $$
2022-3-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Umm with regards to whether or not it was pilot error, I would suggest there are two questionable decisions in this flight.
This is not a condemnation, rather the intention is to show things that should be borne in mind.
Taking Labroides to be correct and that the hill obstructed the communication, flying so that the hill did obstruct the communication is questionable. The other is the set RTH height. Using the information given by Labroides the set RTH height was too low, even if the hill had had a bare top the drone, if it had been below RTH height at disconnection, would have cleared the hill by around 11ft, that is too close for comfort in my mind and it looks as if 50ft of clearance was probably not enough.
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

rth was set at 45m  and i know that would have cleared the hills  but ty for ur input
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-29 08:18
Your flight data just stops after 6:40.1 with no indications to show any problems in the flight up to that point.
You lost signal when you flew behind a hill about 300 metres to the northeast of your launch point and it blocked the signal to/from the controller.

hey man ty so very much,  just came back from looking for it out in the fields,  we werelucky the snow was hard enough to walk on without sinking,  that will be my search site next ty again .
2022-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-29 08:19
There ... I just explained it better and faster than DJI would.
Save your $$

all right ty again  friend . i will let you know if i am fortunate enough to find it
2022-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules