Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Acrobatic Manuevers
872 11 2022-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

My venture into FPV has been a rough road, but stuck to it.   Did my first acrobatic maneuvers today and that was a major hurdle on my road to FPV pilot.  
2022-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2022-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Awesome flying, Barn! Thanks for sharing this with us. Take care and happy flying!
2022-3-29
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

Looks good!
2022-3-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool footage.    Congrats on accomplishing your acrobatic maneuvers.
2022-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool!
2022-3-31
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

Nicely done, i am glad you stuck to it! ;)
2022-4-2
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks guys.
2022-4-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

Great flying! I haven't yet turned off the attitude limit, but I believe I'm getting close.  I have a couple questions, when doing your rolls, did you just use the roll stick and cut the throttle, or did you incorporate a little bit of yaw into the roll, also?  And an unrelated question, but at about 4:30 in the video when you did the quick yaw spin, did you experience any prop wash?  Whenever I seem to yaw spin quickly, the bird gets jittery and feels like I'm getting a load of propwash.  Really nice flying, I'm looking forward to being confident in my abilities to give it a go.

Rob
2022-4-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice open space to practice the art.
2022-4-3
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RH009 Posted at 4-3 10:42
Great flying! I haven't yet turned off the attitude limit, but I believe I'm getting close.  I have a couple questions, when doing your rolls, did you just use the roll stick and cut the throttle, or did you incorporate a little bit of yaw into the roll, also?  And an unrelated question, but at about 4:30 in the video when you did the quick yaw spin, did you experience any prop wash?  Whenever I seem to yaw spin quickly, the bird gets jittery and feels like I'm getting a load of propwash.  Really nice flying, I'm looking forward to being confident in my abilities to give it a go.

Rob

I definitely use yaw.  Bardwell has a video on counter controlling for roll and he does a good job of analyzing it.   The gimbal on the DJI however is not fixed, it changes pitch slowly so you also have to add pitch .  The slower the roll the more you have to control the pitch.  I can't tell you exactly what I do on any manuever, my fingers are programmed and seem to do the right thing after a lot of time on Liftoff.   The only time I had problems with propwash was in a steep dive and didn't pull out correctly and it caught up to me.   I watch the altitude trying to stay at the same  before and after.   They're easy, you just have to keep doing it.   Here's the video  
2022-4-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

BarnSwallow Posted at 4-3 16:06
I definitely use yaw.  Bardwell has a video on counter controlling for roll and he does a good job of analyzing it.   The gimbal on the DJI however is not fixed, it changes pitch slowly so you also have to add pitch .  The slower the roll the more you have to control the pitch.  I can't tell you exactly what I do on any manuever, my fingers are programmed and seem to do the right thing after a lot of time on Liftoff.   The only time I had problems with propwash was in a steep dive and didn't pull out correctly and it caught up to me.   I watch the altitude trying to stay at the same  before and after.   They're easy, you just have to keep doing it.   Here's the video  https://youtu.be/9IvOP3trvQg

Thanks for the feedback and video! I've been practicing in LiftOff a lot, also, and will keep at it.

Rob
2022-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules