Install/upgrade with external apps blocked
449 6 2022-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vookie
lvl.1

Poland

Hi, I have DJI Fly app installed, but in the meantime my company imposed the restrictions and I can't install any external apps anymore. This prevents me from upgrading the app to the latest version.
Is there any way to at least upgrade the app with such restriction? I assume I would not be able to install it again, if I uninstalled it.
2022-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to talk to your company,  They usually implement these restrictions as company supplied devices are for work purposes and they want to protect the security of their environment,   I know all the company's I have worked for that supplied devices were very clear they were not for personal use and the last company I worked at made it a dismissal offence.
2022-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We strongly suggest using a compatible device for you to run the DJI Fly app without any issues. With regards to your inquiry, the app will prompt you a message if there is a new app update and you can install it right away by connecting your mobile device to an internet service. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-29
Use props
Vookie
lvl.1

Poland

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 23:37
You need to talk to your company,  They usually implement these restrictions as company supplied devices are for work purposes and they want to protect the security of their environment,   I know all the company's I have worked for that supplied devices were very clear they were not for personal use and the last company I worked at made it a dismissal offence.

Thanks. Company is OK with personal use, but not OK with installing the external apps. I will need to find a way to handle my drone.
2022-3-29
Use props
Vookie
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-29 00:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We strongly suggest using a compatible device for you to run the DJI Fly app without any issues. With regards to your inquiry, the app will prompt you a message if there is a new app update and you can install it right away by connecting your mobile device to an internet service. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi, I have compatible device. The problem is with policies installed on it.
And due to policies automatic upgrade is rejected.
2022-3-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vookie Posted at 3-29 01:11
Thanks. Company is OK with personal use, but not OK with installing the external apps. I will need to find a way to handle my drone.

No probs Sir.
2022-3-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Vookie Posted at 3-29 01:13
Hi, I have compatible device. The problem is with policies installed on it.
And due to policies automatic upgrade is rejected.

Thank you for keeping us posted. In this case, we suggest contacting your company so they can allow you to install the DJI Fly app for your unit or you may need to use another mobile device to run the app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules