M30 Questions
5694 28 2022-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raideractual
lvl.1

United States

Will the M30 support any form of Active Track?  Also, does DJI plan to release any accessories for the M30 such as speaker/spotlight combo?
2022-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there raideractual. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the new DJI Matrice 30 Series ( https://www.dji.com/matrice-30?site=brandsite&from=nav ) and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-3-29
Use props
Fgrubert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1543638 ft
Brazil

M30 Questions SPECS

Hello, who already used the M30T could you please help us with the recording modes of the thermal camera? Does it write to .SEQ, .tiffSEQ? and the .R-JPG, .TIFF and .JPG photos? I couldn't find these specs on the DJI website.
2022-3-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi raideractual, M30 supports ActiveTrack. Currently, there is no plan to release speaker/spotlight combo for M30, but you have use the third-party speaker/spotlight with the drone. Hope this is informative for you.
2022-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fgrubert Posted at 3-31 06:59
Hello, who already used the M30T could you please help us with the recording modes of the thermal camera? Does it write to .SEQ, .tiffSEQ? and the .R-JPG, .TIFF and .JPG photos? I couldn't find these specs on the DJI website.

Hi there, the image format of the thermal camera is R-JPEG.
2022-4-4
Use props
Fgrubert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1543638 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 4-4 18:49
Hi there, the image format of the thermal camera is R-JPEG.

What are the thermal video recording formats?
2022-4-28
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a question about the laser module: the accuracy is advertised as

"Measurement Accuracy: ± (0.2 m + D×0.15%)D is the distance to a vertical surface"

is that D x 0.15, or D x 0.0015?  The % is a bit confusing, I don't know why DJI can't just put the correct number. And is D in meters?
2022-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 4-28 19:50
I have a question about the laser module: the accuracy is advertised as

"Measurement Accuracy: ± (0.2 m + D×0.15%)D is the distance to a vertical surface"

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Here are the answers to your questions:
1. It is Dx0.0015.
2. D means meter.
If you have more needs or questions, please feel free to contact us, then we will reply to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your support.
2022-5-2
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-2 19:02
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Here are the answers to your questions:
1. It is Dx0.0015.
2. D means meter.

Thank you for the clarification. So @ 3m (the minimum advertised range) the accuracy is about ±0.2 m, and at 100 m, it is ±0.35 m. At the 1200 m maximum range, it is ±1.8 m.

What measure of uncertainty is that? RMSE?
The laser module specs repeatedly mention a vertical target surface. Does it really just mean orthagonal?  Can the laser module (rangefinder) be used as an altimeter by pointing it straight down at the ground? If so, does it work when aimed at water surface rather than earth?   

Thank you.
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Please check the information below:
1. System deviation
2. It needs to point vertically to the target surface, that is, orthogonal to the design range, otherwise the range and accuracy will decrease
3. If it can be guaranteed to point vertically to the ground, it can be used as an altimeter
4. Laser ranging is not suitable for water surface applications, the reflection of light will result in very weak energy returning to the rangefinder itself
Thank you for your support.
2022-5-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-9 18:27
Hello, there. Please check the information below:
1. System error
2. It needs to point vertically to the target surface, that is, orthogonal to the design range, otherwise the range and accuracy will decrease

Thank you @DJI Natalia. That information is very helpful.
Can you please clairify "1. System error"? What measure of error is given? Standard Deviation? 95% Confidence interval? Standard Error? Root Mean Square Error? It's great to have a "plus or minus" (±), but it is diffucult to interpret withour knowing what it represents.
2022-5-10
Use props
Nilich
lvl.2

United States

What software should I use to analyses M30T thermo camera images? M30T thermo images should have radiometric metadata but it is not clear how this data can be analyzed.
2022-6-18
Use props
Mark7841
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352792 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nilich Posted at 6-18 19:38
What software should I use to analyses M30T thermo camera images? M30T thermo images should have radiometric metadata but it is not clear how this data can be analyzed.

Use the DJI Thermal analysis tool. Free download
2022-6-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Japan

Can't understand why TimeSync is not included in the M30. Another RTK-enabled bird that can't map (like the M2EA).
2022-6-19
Use props
Nilich
lvl.2

United States

Hello, who already used the M30T could you please help us with the recording modes of the thermal camera? Does it write to .SEQ, .tiffSEQ? and the .R-JPG, .TIFF and .JPG photos? I couldn't find these specs on the DJI website.

Thermal camera of M30T records radiometric jpg with files with name …. _T.JPG.
DJI is working on Thermal Analysis Tool-3. I have a beta version of it. It is working fine.
2022-6-20
Use props
Nilich
lvl.2

United States

Mark7841 Posted at 6-19 19:11
Use the DJI Thermal analysis tool. Free download

The tools that available for download do not work with M30T radiometric files
2022-6-20
Use props
Nilich
lvl.2

United States

See my response on this matter in the post down the thread. I tried to send a personal message but not sure if it worked.
2022-6-20
Use props
Jorge Rodrigo
lvl.1

Spain

Hello!

I am interested in incorporating the M30T into my work for inspections of, among other things, small photovoltaic installations. The idea was to use this device, but I am not sure about a number of things. Thank you in advance for your help:

Is the sensor really a 640x512 sensor with radiometric core?

The output files. ¿are R_JPG or JPG format?. I've been trying to import images from M2EA and H20T in DJI Thermal Studio 2 but in the case of the M30T it doesn't allow it, is it a bug until there is an update or they don't serve for that purpose?

Thank you very much for your help
2022-6-23
Use props
PikeFire
lvl.2

United States

Why won't my Mac read the SD card from the M30T?
It works fine in Windows.

2022-6-24
Use props
raideractual
lvl.1

United States

PikeFire Posted at 6-24 08:29
Why won't my Mac read the SD card from the M30T?
It works fine in Windows.

I saw a similar question earlier and I believe the solution was to format the card on your Mac and it should work on both MacOS and Windows operating systems.  
2022-6-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes check the format in Windows. If it's not a format Macs can read, then reformat it using a compatible one. That way you'll know what it was to start with and why it was unreadable.

Or just reformat in a Mac as raideractual suggested.
2022-6-25
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

Hallo,
1. What antenna connectors are actually used on the RC Plus controller?  

2. I saw that the zoom camera provides a equvivalent focal length of 113-405 mm. The wide camera stays with 24mm. It would be great if there would be something closing this gap as for many types of inspections
24 is far too low and 113 is too much.- especially with a small sensors like th M30 ones. The P1 45mm was announced, but we could never place an order (not available).

2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_J4M36E2hcTaC
New

United Kingdom

I have the m30t done a good 20 hours with this drone and the thermal camera is really bad  compared to the smaller mavic 2 enterprise advanced I need help as the parts are not in the uk I have the speaker and spot lamp combo really good far to over priced  at £2000 I got it anyways
Problem with thermal camera it’s not good trust me tech are saying there’s a fault and my drone will be down for 6 weeks
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_J4M36E2hcTaC
New

United Kingdom

I have the m30t done a good 20 hours with this drone and the thermal camera is really bad  compared to the smaller mavic 2 enterprise advanced I need help as the parts are not in the uk I have the speaker and spot lamp combo really good far to over priced  at £2000 I got it anyways
Problem with thermal camera it’s not good trust me tech are saying there’s a fault and my drone will be down for 6 weeks
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_Ic7LfFzXCwfo
New

Belgium

Hello, i work for e rescue service and we have 2  m30 in our vehicle. Now we d like to be able to recieve the images in our vehicle, to record, edit, mix and retransmit our images to the control centre. Does such a system exist?
2022-9-23
Use props
Andrew025
lvl.1

Ireland

I have an error with the M30, attempting to take off from the back of a ship we are getting "Sensor System Error" and "Aircraft rolled during take off, unable to take off. Any solutions, also when the Aircraft takes off it wants to immediately fly backward. Is this because its trying to take off from a moving platform or is it another issue and is there a way around?
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

Andrew025 Posted at 3-17 06:16
I have an error with the M30, attempting to take off from the back of a ship we are getting "Sensor System Error" and "Aircraft rolled during take off, unable to take off. Any solutions, also when the Aircraft takes off it wants to immediately fly backward. Is this because its trying to take off from a moving platform or is it another issue and is there a way around?

Hi Andrew025,

this behavior is by design.

Do not move the device when booting with automatic sensor calibration.

I think it is similar to this: DJI Pilot 2 - rc plus blue led blinking, wheels not working

You can test it: Turn on the device while moving it around.

2023-3-18
Use props
Andrew025
lvl.1

Ireland

Great, thank you for the advice, I did have a similar issue a few years back with a Phantom 4, faulty IMU calibration due to unstable platform on start up, as in Ship was pitching and rolling
2023-4-17
Use props
kiwiatc
lvl.1

Canada

M30T mission problem. The mission will not load from the controller to the drone. I input a mapping route and then try to upload and it fails. HELP.
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules