RTH failure - Only hovers
753 2 2022-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D_Phillips
New

Canada

Hi everyone,

I currently have been flying a Phantom 4 pro and it currently started doing something rather strange.  When i use my RTH my drone flies to the determined altitude and then just hovers. doesn't move.  

I have tried experimenting with it.  Programming a small flight over a open field then midway pressing the RTH.  It goes to altitude and hovers.  I was reading where sometimes a delay happens so i waited to see what would happen.  It hit 10% battery then landed itself (it had 60% when i hit the RTH).

Has anyone experienced this? Its very worriesome as large flights are impossible.  If i complete the pre-planned flight path on a single battery the drone returns home no issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!
2022-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's a very unusual issue and quite puzzling.

The obvious first place to look for a solution would be your recorded flight data.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2022-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there D_Phillips. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to check if the firmware of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro is on its latest one and may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Go 4 application? Thank you.
2022-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules