[BRAND NEW] DJI FPV - DEFECTIVE BATTERY
3064 9 2022-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tavs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45600 ft
Taiwan

Bloody hell I am so mad. -- I'm experiencing the same issues as previously stated with the difference that I have not even flown the darn drone. Mind you it's brand new. I bought mine three weeks ago, waited for two weeks to open it for medical reasons, and tried to charge all the components. Everything works, as usual, however, the battery didn't -- It is completely dead. Been trying to deal with the retailers where I purchased the drone and DJI, and both are giving me the run-around with no options to resolve the issue. Here's the link to the video I made showing the problem.

2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. May I ask how long did you try to charge the battery? Could you please plug it into the charger and wait for a while to see if it can be activated? If possible, please also test with another battery to see if it can be charged. If not, you can start a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav As for the retailer issue, could you please tell us more information for our confirmation, such as the name of the retailer?
2022-3-30
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 20:22
Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. May I ask how long did you try to charge the battery? Could you please plug it into the charger and wait for a while to see if it can be activated? If possible, please also test with another battery to see if it can be charged. If not, you can start a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav As for the retailer issue, could you please tell us more information for our confirmation, such as the name of the retailer?

Hey, Mindy -- After opening the box, I immediately tried charging everything, including the battery. Initially, the battery seems to be charging, but then the LED lights went from bright white to dimmed white to eventually nothing. Again, this is a brand new kit, which quite frankly is embarrassing that DJI will sell these devices with "faulty" batteries -- I mean, it seems as tho this batteries issues have been happening for years and nothing has been resolved yet.

Anyway, I finally got an email from DJI asking to send the battery and charger to a repair center here in Taiwan

2022-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tavs Posted at 3-31 01:47
Hey, Mindy -- After opening the box, I immediately tried charging everything, including the battery. Initially, the battery seems to be charging, but then the LED lights went from bright white to dimmed white to eventually nothing. Again, this is a brand new kit, which quite frankly is embarrassing that DJI will sell these devices with "faulty" batteries -- I mean, it seems as tho this batteries issues have been happening for years and nothing has been resolved yet.

Anyway, I finally got an email from DJI asking to send the battery and charger to a repair center here in Taiwan

Thanks for the update. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will pay close attention to your case, please rest assured. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2022-3-31
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

After sending the DOA battery to DJI last Monday, DJI responded with a new battery, which is on its way to me today! Thanks @DJI

Remark:

After testing, the result of damage determination is: the battery cannot be charged, because the product is within the warranty period, it will be handled for you free of charge. Damaged batteries will not be returned.

Repair.png
2022-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tavs Posted at 4-8 21:31
After sending the DOA battery to DJI last Monday, DJI responded with a new battery, which is on its way to me today! Thanks @DJI

Remark:After testing, the result of damage determination is: the battery cannot be charged, because the product is within the warranty period, it will be handled for you free of charge. Damaged batteries will not be returned.

Thank you for your update on this case. We are happy for you. Hope you will receive the battery back soon.
2022-4-8
Use props
fans724c24aa
New
Flight distance : 34675 ft
United States

Funny , I went through the exact same situation , but DJI refused to fix or replace the defective battery.  I told them to check my flight records so they can see it had never been used. I asked to escalate the case to a manager, and still no help. I received a call back giving me the option to buy a new battery. They didn’t even return the defective battery I sent them , I never got it back . It was a BRAND NEW drone , NEW batteries. My mistake was not opening the box immediately. I waited a bit  l.  I can’t wait for more companies to offer these products , this will never set right with me .
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans724c24aa Posted at 1-10 05:02
Funny , I went through the exact same situation , but DJI refused to fix or replace the defective battery.  I told them to check my flight records so they can see it had never been used. I asked to escalate the case to a manager, and still no help. I received a call back giving me the option to buy a new battery. They didn’t even return the defective battery I sent them , I never got it back . It was a BRAND NEW drone , NEW batteries. My mistake was not opening the box immediately. I waited a bit  l.  I can’t wait for more companies to offer these products , this will never set right with me .

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find your case number through your forum account. Upon checking, your device is out of warranty, therefore, you may need to pay for the repair fee. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-1-11
Use props
fansc28dc2c4
lvl.1

United States

I’m on my third return for batteries for errors, and insufficient battery output. I’m getting really upset at this point. The only battery that works is the one that came with the drone. This is insane- DJI. Do better. This is four batteries now that don’t work. The last battery I bought says it has 1392 cycles on it. It’s supposed to be brand new.
3-3 09:53
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc28dc2c4 Posted at 3-3 09:53
I’m on my third return for batteries for errors, and insufficient battery output. I’m getting really upset at this point. The only battery that works is the one that came with the drone. This is insane- DJI. Do better. This is four batteries now that don’t work. The last battery I bought says it has 1392 cycles on it. It’s supposed to be brand new.

Hi there, sorry to hear the experience you came across. Would you please provide us the case number and we will help you further check it?Thanks.
3-3 22:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules