Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Third Party Accessories
2624 15 2022-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDCams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2970659 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is there any news on any third party companies like Tilta or SmallRig making any accessories?
I've seen the Tilta top handle, but ideally looking at a cage of some kind to add a few threaded mounting points. Because the Z-axis doesn't work upside down, it would be good to have multiple mounting points besides the bottom for a bit of security for rigging on a car or something.

2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JDCams. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope  that our fellow DJI members who has the DJI Ronin 4D and uses these 3rd party accessories can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_3nndECHOsvY0
lvl.2
United States

I agree. A cage would be great for maximum security on mounting
2022-4-29
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

For me the most important accesory missing, that a third party or DJI has to make available is an extension cable for the handgrips so you can add the camera handles to a shoulder rig and control the camera from there... That is a must that currently is unaivaiable and very important for a cinema camera.
2022-5-3
Use props
JWKITCH
lvl.1

United States

I would also love a tripod mounting plate that does not interfere with the downward sensors.
2022-5-14
Use props
Skunk13
New
Flight distance : 11115 ft
United States

JWKITCH Posted at 5-14 07:19
I would also love a tripod mounting plate that does not interfere with the downward sensors.

Same here. I can use a manfrotto plate under the z-axis without blocking the sensors but afraid that doesn’t support enough of the backend weight )f the camera. Some sort of quick release to go from handheld/tripod would be nice.
2022-7-13
Use props
fans17dc5454
lvl.1
Netherlands

KillerKingSSS Posted at 5-3 08:24
For me the most important accesory missing, that a third party or DJI has to make available is an extension cable for the handgrips so you can add the camera handles to a shoulder rig and control the camera from there... That is a must that currently is unaivaiable and very important for a cinema camera.

The Ronin 4D is a lot of things, but not your typical shoulder mount camera. Unless you're 5 foot tall and shooting a 6 foot person...
2022-7-26
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Skunk13 Posted at 7-13 10:05
Same here. I can use a manfrotto plate under the z-axis without blocking the sensors but afraid that doesn’t support enough of the backend weight )f the camera. Some sort of quick release to go from handheld/tripod would be nice.

Did anyone try this position? It is front-heavy for me (I use Sony lenses) but far less so than any other position I've found is rear-heavy. And I can mount my audio recorder at the back to make it near perfect. DJI's lightweight lenses might be fine.
As you can see, I haven't done anything yet as I need to drill out two holes in the Manfrotto plate but they line up with corresponding threads on the 4D's baseplate giving four points of attachment (1 x 3/8" and 3 x 1/4"). I intend to use it on a Flycam vest & arm via an adapter, so having two lateral mounting points has to be better than relying solely on in-line screws given the side-to-side forces the camera is bound to be subjected to.

Plate with holes to be drilled

Plate with holes to be drilled

Position of 4 screws

Position of 4 screws
2022-7-28
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

fans17dc5454 Posted at 7-26 10:57
The Ronin 4D is a lot of things, but not your typical shoulder mount camera. Unless you're 5 foot tall and shooting a 6 foot person...

I can crouch, sit down, or correct framing in many different ways on hand held I do it anyway with any other camera because im 1.9m and Im normally taller than the talent.
I know  its not the typical shoulder mount camera, that's why I bought It... But many times you need to shoot hand held, and you just lock all the axis put it on some bars and shoot from the shoulder because that's the style of the scene, or maybe the director saw 24 the night before and wants to shoot RAW verite style that day.  Or maybe you want to mount one  handle of the camera on the tripod to control everything from there. There are many uses that will be enabled by an item like this.
All the cameras that I've used can do it, you can connect the  handles to an extender  and run a lemo cable into the camera with rec/stop and zoom.
For DJI it is as easy as doiing an extension cable with the male/female hot swap connectors  they are already using on the cameras.  
Easy money.
2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_wpHtaOUW4amI
lvl.1

Switzerland

KillerKingSSS Posted at 2022-7-29 12:20
I can crouch, sit down, or correct framing in many different ways on hand held I do it anyway with any other camera because im 1.9m and Im normally taller than the talent.
I know  its not the typical shoulder mount camera, that's why I bought It... But many times you need to shoot hand held, and you just lock all the axis put it on some bars and shoot from the shoulder because that's the style of the scene, or maybe the director saw 24 the night before and wants to shoot RAW verite style that day.  Or maybe you want to mount one  handle of the camera on the tripod to control everything from there. There are many uses that will be enabled by an item like this.
All the cameras that I've used can do it, you can connect the  handles to an extender  and run a lemo cable into the camera with rec/stop and zoom.

Tilta made such extenders in case you didn't get the info yet:
Look for handle-extension-cables-for-dji-ronin-4d on the tilta online shop

And of course, the extension cable for the display:
look for "monitor-extension-cable-for-dji-ronin-4d" on the tilta online shop

Was just looking for that as we are receiving our 4D next week and was already thinking on how to put it on a tripod or shoulder rig.
Tilta actually makes a nice shoulder rig that seems to work well with the ronin, z axis might be encumbered as rhe camera sits on your shoulder and the bottom censors will be obstructed anyways. But I could well see that fit with support bars for bigger cinema lenses.
Look for tiltaing-lightweight-shoulder-rig-black on the Tilta online store
2023-1-3
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

djiuser_wpHtaOUW4amI Posted at 1-3 10:17
Look for handle-extension-cables-for-dji-ronin-4d on the tilta online shop

Yeah, I was gonna say, KillerKingSSS, that I have the Tilta shoulder rig with the hand extension cables.

It's fun. It's good for shooting people on stages because they're already taller than you and it kinda makes the angle less extreme.

I do NOT recommend Tilta's monitor extension cables. They sent me two and both are garbage. You get inaccurate color and all kinds of multi-colored noise and glitches.

I do not recommend it. Rather, very VERY carefully use the DJI cable. And maybe try to order another from DJI customer support.
2023-1-3
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 1-3 12:43
Yeah, I was gonna say, KillerKingSSS, that I have the Title shoulder rig with the hand extension cables.

It's fun. It's good for shooting people on stages because they're already taller than you and it kinda makes the angle less extreme.

I did not realise that about the monitor extension cable. I have it but found I didn't need it. As you imply, the OE cable is pretty much at its limit with the monitor mounted anywhere sensible, which makes it a shame Tilta (or their supplier) couldn't get what would seem to be a relatively simple component right.
2023-1-4
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

djiuser_wpHtaOUW4amI Posted at 1-3 10:17
Look for handle-extension-cables-for-dji-ronin-4d on the tilta online shop

It wasn't available when I posted the reply.
It's a great accessory and a must have now the FLEX is available.
2023-4-12
Use props
ISARMOTION
lvl.1
Germany

What do you think?
Our new „Touch And Go 120mm Sensorfree Mounting Plate“
2023-5-11
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

ISARMOTION Posted at 5-11 07:41
What do you think?
Our new „Touch And Go 120mm Sensorfree Mounting Plate“
[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Did you cut that yourself or is it available for sale?
2023-11-22
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Following...
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules