DJI FPV Controller malfunction drone dropped into lake
1323 7 2022-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SMASHED
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142815 ft
United States

Several days ago, I was flying my drone near by a lake. Hoever, after an automatical brake by the system, my controller got malfuctioned, only the left sticks are working. The drone did not response to any input from my right stick. So, I only can control the drone from going up or done, but not going forward or to any other directions. I was so despaired, I tried to let it to automatically go back, but not working.
And the drone is right above the lake near the shore, so I went close to my drone to see wether its because of the range. But nothing happened. I fell really terrible about this, the battery still has around 70% when it got malfunctioned, after tried everything I can, the drone finally went off battery and slowly dropped into the water. Due to the temperature is super low, I attempted to get into the water but I failed the next day I borrowed a diving suits and trying to get it. But after three hours of searching I did not find anything.
Did anyone else had a similar controller malfunction like mine?
2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SMASHED. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened. It would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-3-30
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

YES!  I did!  exactly the same problem.  I was freaking out and then I decided to turn off the the remote controller and then turn it back on, the FPV drone was in RTH mode so that was good... after the "reboot" my right stick was working.  Totally scare the *@@$! out of me
2022-3-31
Use props
SMASHED
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142815 ft
United States

mbze430 Posted at 3-31 07:26
YES!  I did!  exactly the same problem.  I was freaking out and then I decided to turn off the the remote controller and then turn it back on, the FPV drone was in RTH mode so that was good... after the "reboot" my right stick was working.  Totally scare the *@@$! out of me

Lucky you, my GPS signal was being blocked during the flight so it cannot return.
2022-4-1
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

did you have an extra camera on your fpv
2022-4-2
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

no possibility to swith to manual mode ?
2022-4-2
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If too few or no satellites are available, the FPV will just hover. You can only fly up and down, but no longer sideways. The manual mode also no longer worked here. The shielding of the GPS receiver for illegal flights can not be bypassed in this way. Otherwise, you could fly so in a no-fly zone. This is not possible with DJI drones without hacking, of course, not even in manual mode.

If another external camera is mounted, the electromagnetic field of the camera will adversely affect the GPS of the drone. Therefore I ask. This happens quite often when people unsuspectingly mount another camera. You can build a shield with different metals. For example, copper can be used to shield the electric fields, and nickel can be used to shield the magnetic fields.
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_bzOVGKkVp7a4
lvl.1

United States

This exact same thing happened to me today late afternoon. I took off, everything was fine. Increased altitude to about 50 ft and the fpv started to just drift with the wind, as I turned to come back into the wind it made no headway and would only go up and down with the left stick. I hit the pause button, then the return to home button while it was only about 100 yds away, it continued to fly away from me out of sight and into Class D airspace  After about a mile of flying it dropped into a lake according to the find my drone feature also in Class D airspace… while in the middle of that flight the transmission to the goggles went out so I was blind. Only way I knew where it went was the map in the app.
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules