My controller is bound to another account
8539 19 2022-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raph45
New

United States

The controller says that the aircraft is bound to another account (error 53268).

I bought a used DJI Mini 2 with a controller. My account is raph****@gmail.com. The other account is tattoosby****@hotmail.com with controller SN 3NZCJ9F0145V70. I cannot reach out to the other account to ask them to unbind their device because I do not have their full email address.

My DJI Mini 2 serial number is 3Q4CJ9N3A39XG3
My controller serial number is 3QDCJ9J006FUBV

Can DJI associate my account to the controller and aircraft?

2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we recommend that you contact the seller to see if they can help. You can also contact DJI Support through the link below for assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-3-30
Use props
Raph45
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 19:11
Hi there, we recommend that you contact the seller to see if they can help. You can also contact DJI Support through the link below for assistance. http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you Mindy.

Unfortunately DJI Support is requesting a proof of purchase which I cannot provide as I did not buy the drone new from a reseller.  My Mini 2 is a used drone. I am more than willing to contact the seller but I cannot reach them. And the Controller does not give their full email address.

The drone is bound to an account, so DJI likely has a way to reach out to that account and/or unbind it. Any other options to get help?

2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Raph45 Posted at 3-30 19:19
Thank you Mindy.

Unfortunately DJI Support is requesting a proof of purchase which I cannot provide as I did not buy the drone new from a reseller.  My Mini 2 is a used drone. I am more than willing to contact the seller but I cannot reach them. And the Controller does not give their full email address.

May I ask where did you purchase the drone from? You can provide our support team with the proof of purchase for this purchase.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_p5A2G7cOI5OS
lvl.1

Italy

do you solve it ? i bought from amazon, and im stuck!
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_p5A2G7cOI5OS Posted at 4-6 13:35
do you solve it ? i bought from amazon, and im stuck!

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. As DJI Mindy said above, would you please try to contact the seller first?  Or you may seek help from our support. Thanks for your understanding and support!
2022-4-6
Use props
corvettejunkman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27736 ft

United States

I also have the same problem. I reconstructed the email and tried to contact the person to unbind  the plane. I also had dji contact the account holder to ask for them to unbind the craft. It has been about 2 weeks now with no results. This is very unfair to the people in the hobby. I am 71 and just got into the hobby to have something to do. DJI should tell us which component to change (I assume the Main board), or offer a service to rewrite the main board through the Assistant  to clean the error in the control.  Now there are no more wrecks to buy on Ebay , which will not be a big loose to them, but guys like me will not start in the hobby because the parts flow will stop and make it too expensive for people to repair the planes.  Please make a post on what your (DJI) plans are to rectify this binding problem.  Lots of people would like to know.
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

corvettejunkman Posted at 12-27 11:05
I also have the same problem. I reconstructed the email and tried to contact the person to unbind  the plane. I also had dji contact the account holder to ask for them to unbind the craft. It has been about 2 weeks now with no results. This is very unfair to the people in the hobby. I am 71 and just got into the hobby to have something to do. DJI should tell us which component to change (I assume the Main board), or offer a service to rewrite the main board through the Assistant  to clean the error in the control.  Now there are no more wrecks to buy on Ebay , which will not be a big loose to them, but guys like me will not start in the hobby because the parts flow will stop and make it too expensive for people to repair the planes.  Please make a post on what your (DJI) plans are to rectify this binding problem.  Lots of people would like to know.

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We can not unilaterally unbind the account or reset all the data on the aircraft without the approval of the original owner. Your understanding is highly appreciated,
2022-12-27
Use props
corvettejunkman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27736 ft

United States

I understand to a point. I would like to see DJI institute a policy for previous owners have a certain time period to object to the unbinding and give a reason. I am pretty sure the blocked out name in the email is Harrison and he or she does not respond to my emails.  You have also stopped selling your wrecks on Ebay and this I am sure is because of this binding.  I have been a mechanic for over 55 years and have sold wrecked cars to people that could not afford new. These toys are the same thing. Time will tell, but I hope that dJI comes up with a fair solution!
2022-12-28
Use props
William Muelle
New

France

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as the messages posted a little above. I bought a DJI Air 2s on a site that sells used products and the drone is already associated with an account that is different from mine. Suddenly, the drone refuses to take off. I can provide an invoice for the sale of the drone from the site where I bought it as well as the serial number of the drone. I am currently trying, via the site, to get in touch with the former owner. But that may take time. Unfortunately, I will need to use the drone shortly. Could you help me please?

Cordially,
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

William Muelle Posted at 5-28 22:31
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as the messages posted a little above. I bought a DJI Air 2s on a site that sells used products and the drone is already associated with an account that is different from mine. Suddenly, the drone refuses to take off. I can provide an invoice for the sale of the drone from the site where I bought it as well as the serial number of the drone. I am currently trying, via the site, to get in touch with the former owner. But that may take time. Unfortunately, I will need to use the drone shortly. Could you help me please?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you can contact the seller on the site, you can keep in touch with them first. At the same time, if you are urgent, you can contact our support for help and let them contact the drone owner at the same time. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
However. the unbinding process needs to be done and approved by the original owner.
Kindly note that.
2023-5-29
Use props
BradM05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191178 ft

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-29 01:05
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you can contact the seller on the site, you can keep in touch with them first. At the same time, if you are urgent, you can contact our support for help and let them contact the drone owner at the same time. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
However. the unbinding process needs to be done and approved by the original owner.
Kindly note that.

Why don't you set a time period that if they don't respond it can be unbound some other way. If DJI doesn't figure out some way to rectify this so we can buy wrecked drones and unbind them I am personally going to find a way to get around it like replacing a control board or something.
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BradM05 Posted at 5-29 08:58
Why don't you set a time period that if they don't respond it can be unbound some other way. If DJI doesn't figure out some way to rectify this so we can buy wrecked drones and unbind them I am personally going to find a way to get around it like replacing a control board or something.

Hope you can understand that we cannot perform binding, and therefore, we cannot change the binding or unbind a product. In order to protect our customers' legal rights and data privacy security, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

corvettejunkman Posted at 2022-12-28 14:05
I understand to a point. I would like to see DJI institute a policy for previous owners have a certain time period to object to the unbinding and give a reason. I am pretty sure the blocked out name in the email is Harrison and he or she does not respond to my emails.  You have also stopped selling your wrecks on Ebay and this I am sure is because of this binding.  I have been a mechanic for over 55 years and have sold wrecked cars to people that could not afford new. These toys are the same thing. Time will tell, but I hope that dJI comes up with a fair solution!

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. May we know where did you buy the drone? Can we have the proof of purchase?
2023-5-30
Use props
Éloi G. St-Amour
New

Canada

Same problème here. I bought a used one and I I bought it on Amazon. I have proof of sell and here is the serial number of the product: 4CQCK3S0035G5N

Could you please help me with this one. I am a little disappointed as I bought it to get shot of my new property in Central America and I really need it for September.

Thanks a lot for your support
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Éloi G. St-Amour Posted at 6-3 06:47
Same problème here. I bought a used one and I I bought it on Amazon. I have proof of sell and here is the serial number of the product: 4CQCK3S0035G5N

Could you please help me with this one. I am a little disappointed as I bought it to get shot of my new property in Central America and I really need it for September.

I am sorry for your issue. You may send the proof of purchase and the serial number, and your request to our support via email at support@dji.com, we will try to help you further.
2023-6-4
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

Here is the truth. DJI Does not care. In searching you will come across 100's of these stories. I have yet to see one in which DJI stepped up and helped the new owner. If the new owner can provide proof of purchase, whats the real problem? In my case, I provided proof of purchase for an Air 2S. DJI told me that the person to whom the drone was bound to tried to file a fly away claim but after asked to provide information, abandoned the claim. I showed DJI that I had bought both the drone and controller, a very suspect fly away case. In the end, DJI told me to pound sand and that they would lock down the drone. Ironically on behalf of a person that was likely attempting a very suspicious claim. Whats in it for DJI to unlock? Nothing. Whats in it for DJI to refuse reasonable service? The consumer is usually forced to buy a different drone since the drone will either be locked down or in the event of a service requirement, will not get service from DJI. The real stink is that I think it is fair to say that DJI has made none or at most minimal effort to educate people about this issue.
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Libitron Posted at 7-18 19:29
Here is the truth. DJI Does not care. In searching you will come across 100's of these stories. I have yet to see one in which DJI stepped up and helped the new owner. If the new owner can provide proof of purchase, whats the real problem? In my case, I provided proof of purchase for an Air 2S. DJI told me that the person to whom the drone was bound to tried to file a fly away claim but after asked to provide information, abandoned the claim. I showed DJI that I had bought both the drone and controller, a very suspect fly away case. In the end, DJI told me to pound sand and that they would lock down the drone. Ironically on behalf of a person that was likely attempting a very suspicious claim. Whats in it for DJI to unlock? Nothing. Whats in it for DJI to refuse reasonable service? The consumer is usually forced to buy a different drone since the drone will either be locked down or in the event of a service requirement, will not get service from DJI. The real stink is that I think it is fair to say that DJI has made none or at most minimal effort to educate people about this issue.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find your ticket through your forum account and noticed that our team explained in the email on May 25th that this drone is reported as a flyaway case and the original owner doesn't agree to unlock the account and wants the drone back. We recommend you contact the local authorities and report this issue. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-7-18
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2023-7-18 20:06
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find your ticket through your forum account and noticed that our team explained in the email on May 25th that this drone is reported as a flyaway case and the original owner doesn't agree to unlock the account and wants the drone back. We recommend you contact the local authorities and report this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

You are leaving out information in your reply. Such a thing is dishonest. What you are not saying is that I bought the entire system including the controller which cannot fly away. You also did not disclose that DJI told me that the person stopped responding after DJI requested some information from them. This is an obvious attempt at fraud on that persons part. The original owner sold it to a young person under the age of 16. That persons mother, who was extremely nice, sold it to me.
I would be happy to talk to this person who wants the drone back. How about you provide me with his/her contact information. There is just no denying that the DJI procedures for this are very flawed.
1-4 09:22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Libitron Posted at 1-4 09:22
You are leaving out information in your reply. Such a thing is dishonest. What you are not saying is that I bought the entire system including the controller which cannot fly away. You also did not disclose that DJI told me that the person stopped responding after DJI requested some information from them. This is an obvious attempt at fraud on that persons part. The original owner sold it to a young person under the age of 16. That persons mother, who was extremely nice, sold it to me.
I would be happy to talk to this person who wants the drone back. How about you provide me with his/her contact information. There is just no denying that the DJI procedures for this are very flawed.

Hi. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We don't want you to have this experience. Please accept our apologies, as we are unable to provide you with the information from the previous owner. Our relevant team has already discussed this with you via email. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
1-4 16:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules