djiuser_PUrGFW73XVzR
lvl.1

Philippines

Cloudbase Posted at 4-1 09:09
Thanks for your help. I'll try it now

Hi have you fixed the issue?

Hi DJI.

I am Angelo Garcia from Philippines.
I recently bought a brand new dji mavic mini 2 fmc unit from Camerahaus Philippines. During demo/testing of unit by the Camerahaus saleslady, she accidentally bound the drone unit to a DJI account of her previous customer. Unfortunately, she logged it out and cannot access that DJI account anymore (the owner of the account forget also tge password and cannot open his email). I've been asking for replacement, but they said they can repair it. Which I doubt.

Can you suggest if I am entitled to have it replaced since it is like they sold me a drone that is bound to other dji account and cannot be unbind.

Attached is the receipt of my purchase. And screenshot.(July 14, 2022 puchase).

Also the SN and the profile si attached.

Hope you can help us resolve this.

2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_PUrGFW73XVzR
lvl.1

Philippines

r0bb Posted at 6-18 03:33
I just want to update this situation for future reference, because I'm sure people with the same issue will find this thread like I did.

DJI support offered to contact the previous owner for me (who returned it to the webshop) to ask them to unbind the aircraft from their account. They asked me to wait for a response. After about 10 days they came back and told me there was no response and that's the end of it. The aircraft will be bound forever to this account now.

Is this hopeless?
2022-7-15
Use props
issam999
lvl.2

France

its really big problem
bought 6 drons from eBay an auction company
Is there a way to find out the email address of the original owner for try to contact with him ????????????
2022-7-31
Use props
djiuser_i932focGe1O5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538104 ft

Dominican Republic

I just want to update this situation for future reference, because I'm sure people with the same issue will find this thread like I did.

DJI support offered to contact the previous owner for me (who returned it to the webshop) to ask them to unbind the aircraft from their account. They asked me to wait for a response. After about 10 days they came back and told me there was no response and that's the end of it. The aircraft will be bound forever to this account now.

I also bought a Mavic 3 single from Amazon Warehouse. The unit came good as new with 0 battery cycles. I assume this drone was not flown but it bonded to the previous owner.  The drone works perfectly no complains. Even though I'm not in the United States the extra services DJI offers won't work here... So, to get any kind of service is either you buy the parts at a DJI reseller and get it forward to my country and find someone with the expertise to install them.  

I contacted DJI regarding this same issue and the response was they cannot contact the previous owner. The help I got from them was very poor like if I’m on my own to solve this.  In the other hand Amazon did offer to return the drone but is not an option for me because that would require me send it with someone who’s traveling to the United States, paying a currier like FEDEX or UPS to handled will cost the same as buying an airplane ticket.

The extra hassle and expense don’t justify an end user action. This is a high value item and DJI should offer the mechanism to get this done. This is like buying a car from a dealer and you cannot register it because they cannot contact the previous owner while you have proof of purchase and its not stolen.
2022-8-3
Use props
djiuser_BqzHGZt95s4r
lvl.1

Romania

Hello,
I recently bought a new Dji drone, a Mavic 3 Fly more combo.
I bought as new, not used or refurbished but in Dji Fly app, under Flight Data Center shows 21 more flights, 21.16 more Km , 2.09 more hours.
For me this is very much as I usually fly 1 time per month.

Can you please verify if the drone was activated/used in the past ?
I bought from Amazon France and I can ask to replace the drone if it was used before.

Batteries came deactivated and the package was sealed but the bag's belt was damaged

Best regards,
Adrian

2022-8-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you have to activate the drone itself?  If so then I would be reasonably confident it is new and unflown.
Have you flown any other DJI FLY-app-using-drone using that DJI account?. If so, go deeper into the flight data centre and you will probably find you can separate out the flights by the drones concerned.
There should be NO WAY that you app can show/know-of flights flown by any previous owner. I bought a second hand Mini and actually asked the seller for some of their old flight logs. I put those logs on my phone and, from memory, my App could not see those logs.
Besides, unless the M3 differs from other DJI drones, the logs used in the flight data centre are not stored on the drone so how could your App know of them?
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_BqzHGZt95s4r
lvl.1

Romania

Hi Captain,

thanks for your response.

I do not remember if I activated. I started the drone and it connected.
I didn't used Dji Fly before, but Dji Go 4 and there are more flights than 21.
I don't see other people's flights' logs, only the total.

In the image below there are my 3 only flights but shows 24.
Why are there 24 flight if the drone was new?

2022-8-5
Use props
IKSDoomsday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9875 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BqzHGZt95s4r Posted at 8-5 00:40
Hi Captain,

thanks for your response.

I too bought a Mavic 3 with just two flights from a gentleman who lives just down the road from me. I then bought a new phone and lost his contact info. Now I have a brand new RC Controller and am unable to bind it to the aircraft.  I have his email address from the fly app and need DJI to contact him in order to unbind the drone so I do not have to return the new controller to the company.
2022-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IKSDoomsday Posted at 8-10 22:15
I too bought a Mavic 3 with just two flights from a gentleman who lives just down the road from me. I then bought a new phone and lost his contact info. Now I have a brand new RC Controller and am unable to bind it to the aircraft.  I have his email address from the fly app and need DJI to contact him in order to unbind the drone so I do not have to return the new controller to the company.

I can't explain why your flight data centre shows 24 flights.
What happens if you touch "All aircraft", are there other drones listed?
I can not remember what happens on my phone when there are only flightl logs from one drone on it and at the moment I have logs from more than one fly app using drone on it ......... but ..........I think "All aircraft" appears only when there ARE logs from more than one fly app using drone on the phone.

Post  number 29 in the thread
https://forum.dji.com/thread-223747-1-1.html
may be of use to you.
2022-8-10
Use props
RedbullCR7
lvl.1

France

I had the same issue yesterday, the only way is to contact amazon, you can't reset de drone, or you can use it with the original controller, if you want to use the RC PRO it's gonna be lock after 5 flights
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_BqzHGZt95s4r
lvl.1

Romania

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-10 23:22
I can't explain why your flight data centre shows 24 flights.
What happens if you touch "All aircraft", are there other drones listed?
I can not remember what happens on my phone when there are only flightl logs from one drone on it and at the moment I have logs from more than one fly app using drone on it ......... but ..........I think "All aircraft" appears only when there ARE logs from more than one fly app using drone on the phone.

it is Just one drone there.
2022-8-11
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38579 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has become like Apple with their icloud lock, Sometimes  I buy just the drone, to fix and resell or use for parts, and many are bound to an account, but still usable,

that is annoying but not debilitating .  Some are locked/Bound to a remote and can not be unbound without the" refresh care" user login.  

one of my customers showed me how his was refresh care bound,  but the refresh care had expired and it stays bound to the account and remote,   

in those cases, it will say "not valid" next to refresh care, but in the app it will show part of the remote serial # it is bound to.  

Those drones  will operate as long as you still have the bound remote .

They can not be unbound without the user email and password login.   

I was unaware of this and had  seperated the remotes from the drones at some point (now I keep them together)   ,  I must have sold a few remotes that were bound to the drones and now have some drones bound to remotes that I no longer have,  If I never find a solution I will simply use the legs and parts from those drones to fix others.  

I respect security features,   but do think DJI should examine this system and perhaps unbind all the drones that the refresh care is no longer valid.  They could do this in a firmware update or somewhere on their server validation system online when you login.  

I noticed some eBay sellers are now checking the "Bound status" of drones they sell to avoid returns, very smart sellers.  

bound drones become "parts only"  as do "failed activation" drones.  

Personally I think its an overreach and overly excessive security ,  but I'm sure DJI has their reasons.  

I will still buy, sell and repair DJI drones, because I think they are the Best drones out there.  

Eric

Orlando Drone Repair

2022-8-28
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38579 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has become like Apple with their icloud lock, Sometimes  I buy just the drone, to fix and resell or use for parts, and many are bound to an account, but still usable,

that is annoying but not debilitating .  Some are locked/Bound to a remote and can not be unbound without the" refresh care" user login.  

one of my customers showed me how his was refresh care bound,  but the refresh care had expired and it stays bound to the account and remote,   

in those cases, it will say "not valid" next to refresh care, but in the app it will show part of the remote serial # it is bound to.  

Those drones  will operate as long as you still have the bound remote .

They can not be unbound without the user email and password login.   

I was unaware of this and had  seperated the remotes from the drones at some point (now I keep them together)   ,  I must have sold a few remotes that were bound to the drones and now have some drones bound to remotes that I no longer have,  If I never find a solution I will simply use the legs and parts from those drones to fix others.  

I respect security features,   but do think DJI should examine this system and perhaps unbind all the drones that the refresh care is no longer valid.  They could do this in a firmware update or somewhere on their server validation system online when you login.  

I noticed some eBay sellers are now checking the "Bound status" of drones they sell to avoid returns, very smart sellers.  

bound drones become "parts only"  as do "failed activation" drones.  

Personally I think its an overreach and overly excessive security ,  but I'm sure DJI has their reasons.  

I will still buy, sell and repair DJI drones, because I think they are the Best drones out there.  

Eric

Orlando Drone Repair
2022-8-28
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Good luck
2022-8-28
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40459 ft

United States

.  DJI should do something like you call they send the email out after 14 days its released and the existing warranty is voided end of story......................
2022-9-1
Use props
fans9a13e331
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78730 ft

United Kingdom

ok any way to unbind it from previous owner. I have bought Mavic 3 and got it fully boxed and with it original controller . All boxed and all serial numbers match each other  . now I have been told his company used old account that they do t have access to . Paid 1300£ all brand new done only 1 min flight - and can’t bind now my RC Pro . There should be automatic unbind prices if You have all original accessories w including original RC - I have all-ready sent request to DJI to help with this issue - including many pictures showing all is with accessories and original RC-N1 - I’m using DJI products for almost decade but this need to be solved other wise this is now brand damaging for DJI . Mr Hunter Haopeng Chen from Shenzen or Jason Juncai Fang should step in and help to solve it .

I will wait those 10 days and hopefully this can be solved .
2022-10-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it has been flown it is not brand new and if the seller can not access the binding account and the drone can not be flown then the drone is useless to you, there is nothing you can do to make it fly.
This grounding is designed to prevent lost drone from being flown, the system may even be designed so that DJI themselves can't break the binding unless they have the drone in their hands. Why should there be an automated process, a thief could have stolen a boxed drone in a smash and grab from a car. I've seen kids "smash and grab" something in seconds.
Besides proofs of purchase etc. can be faked.
The only thing I could see DJI even considering is an email from the email address of the binding account saying that, yes, the drone has been sold to such and such a person but I don't think they do that.
Can you return the drone for a refund?
2022-10-21
Use props
fans9a13e331
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have contacted him today to give him a last chance to unbind it other wise I will be forced to solved issue with local PD / Police at his town as I have his full name when matched Bank Account and FB profile plus partial address as I’m not sure what house number on given post code .

Will wait also for DJI what they will say as all ready asked me for SN/ so they can check all on system - lesson learnt - do not trust any one

But if it wasn’t reported to DJI as stolen - even with all box and original RC than DJI should use this argument to unbind it .
2022-10-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it is just that the seller can't access the account to give you the information, I would be surprised if the police will do anything.
Just out of curiosity what safeguards do FB provide?
How many times have you booted the drone and if the drone  creates DAT logs on your phone or the controller, what in the number in the name of the latest DAT? But that probably is only an indication of which hundred of switch ons the drone is in.
Sorry but realistically I do not imagine DJI will unbind the drone.
2022-10-23
Use props
fans9a13e331
lvl.1

United Kingdom

well FB will won’t give any warranty it’s only Market available for every one . at least they can provide criminal ref number and if DJI tell it has ben reported stolen than it different story  on another side this will be leverage to get this guy on case and release this drone from his account or at least get any passport recovery on old email … many options to try and if failed than only DJI can help as they done great service in past so I still believe they can help . This drone literally has been flown 10 minutes . it has been run on this guy mobile but after 6 months as he stated and promised he will realise this drone .
2022-10-23
Use props
fans9a13e331
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I think DJI need to step in and let me know if this has been reported stolen or blacklisted somehow - than I can at least go to report to Police and than start to ouch a pressure on this guy. On the other side if He stated a true in fact he do t have at all access to his old account and drone wasn’t reported in any way than in best intranet for DJI is to unlock it as no parties are responsible and DJI in fact should be on customer side for their good relationship and good name . Again if it hasn’t been reported - other wise this will show bad will against clients from DJI - and lack of proper solutions and wrong policy at least here in UK - witch some of UK customer organisations can be very helpful .  Just would like to get it right - drone is BNIB with bonded controller and matching SN - seller from what ever reason (with this maybe be stated in future) have no access to bonded account with now all responsibility falls to DJI
2022-10-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am curious, have you read through this thread and any other similar threads? If so have you seen any indication that DJI will do anything other than contact the previous owner and ask them to, if they sold the drone, unbind it?
Similarly, what offence do you think has been committed by the seller?

Could you post a screen capture of the message that you are seeing concerning this drone, or whatever, being bound to another account?
I bound a mini 2 to my normal DJI account and then created an entirely new account. I was able to fly the drone with no restrictions using the second account and OTHER controllers. This was despite the second account seeing that the drone was bound to another account.
That leads me to believe that the binding that will ground a drone or bind a controller to a drone etc. is available only if the appropriate care-refresh / flyaway-insurance is purchased and correctly initialised.
If that is correct did the seller send you details of the care-refresh / flyaway-insurance? As far as I know care-refresh 'belongs' with/to the drone, I assume the same thing applies to Flyaway. If that is the case then the insurance would be of no use to the seller "as is' since it will not cover another drone and can not be transferred to another drone UNLESS the first drone was replaced, under the scheme, by the second drone. A drone having cover would be a selling point so I don't imagine a seller would miss it. In ebay adverts it often figures quite prominently.

How do you know "This drone literally has been flown 10 minutes"?
Even if the logs are transferred to another phone with a fly app on it, I believe that the logs flown under one account will not show up in the flight history of another account.
From memory I tried this in the above experiment with that mini 2. Plus, when I first got the drone, I asked the seller of that mini 2 if they would be kind enough to send me a few sample logs from their usage of the drone, they did and I loaded those logs onto my phone. My App, using my account, did not see them.
If my memory is correct then, if the seller has shown you a flight history page from an  DJI FLY App, I believe that they must have had access to the app that 'flew' those logs., even then the kidtory need not be complete, logs can be deleted and they then disappear from the history.
I am not certain what would be the situation if they uploaded logs to the likes of Airdata.
I am not certain what would happen if the logs were recorded using Litchi etc.
The ONLY DJI drones that I know of that permit a new owner to check up on the usage of the previous owner are those that have unencryted DAT's on the drone e.g. the DAT's on a P3, or the likes of the FPV where the logs might be stored on the goggles. With the P3 even that access is limited, because the storage space on the drone is limited, and old logs are over written as space is needed for new logs.

Something just occurred to me, you say wou bought the drone complete with its original controller. I assume it flew perfectly well with that controller, if so why not simply fly the drone using the original controller? Is flying it with an RC Pro worth all the aggrivation you are currently experiencing?

2022-10-23
Use props
fans9a13e331
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well Yes RC Pro was main reason to get Mavic 3 . I have RCPro used as well not connected to any drone only to my Mini 3Pro now - with DJI care refresh and bounded easily as it was my own drone . Same here with M3 I was trying to bound it ant can’t do it as it said M3 bounded to other account -
Obviously he didn’t told me whole true - but if  he got drone from care refresh it than was bounded with RC-N1 with he left with as it seems than he bounded it to RC-N1 and than never used this drone . His explanation was he got him self Cine one and this was just back up for his company - found his Instagram - and yes he is doing some videos . So all still can be true . Drone is untouched including small protective foils on some places - other option is he could get it from Amazon and than it’s completely different story .

On FB he is selling now his M3P - he mentioned it as it is for sale - but no replay at all on my msg.

DJI now only can tell if it was stolen , care refresh ???
2022-10-23
Use props
fans9a13e331
lvl.1

United Kingdom

all I can use it with its original RC -1 but that’s wasn’t my intention .

I will chase it and post it here as some other users can be more vigilant .

Any way DJI please help me with it or at least try to explain if this was stolen , reported flown away , care refresh or some one before placed request to unbind it … Than this could be explain  .

Thanks
2022-10-23
Use props
djiuser_npoLNVa9K67j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1606178 ft
United States

I started the flyaway process when my mini 2 crashed high in a tree and I couldn’t even see it. I have recovered the drone and contacted dji to cancel the flyaway. The drone is damaged; but possibly still able to fly. I’m getting error 30064 and it won’t fly. “Connected device is not bound to aircraft”. Options are change bound device, unbind device or cancel. Is there anything I can do to clear this?
2023-1-8
Use props
HugoDJInTheAir
lvl.1
United States

I just bought a used Avata with the same situation. It is bound to another account, so the previous owner never released the drone. I reached out to Amazon CS and they are total garbage. They don’t know how to contact the previous owner and they don’t do anything to resolve this situation which they in some way generated. They just offer to return the item and reorder, but it is no longer available at the price I got it which is almost 300 less that brand new price. It is a shame because the quad is in very nice shape. Looks brand new. Ah, and I had to wait a week to get the drone delivered, which was even delivered a day later than expected. I guess better to order a brand new from dji.
2023-1-14
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2022-4-1 10:24
But I had told OP to reset drone and remote. I don’t know if this works but it can’t hurt to try. That’s why I specifically asked if it could be reset that way. But maybe not. Great price for the M3, maybe he found your flyaway

It does not!  I confirmed with DJI when this happened to me the only way to release it is have the previous owner log in.  DJI has no backdoor.
2023-1-19
Use props
Chadray0602
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319885 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2022-4-1 09:37
To Cloudbase, I forsee an Amazon return looming for you.
Is not the purpose of this binding to prevent other people from flying a found drone  etc. etc. If so there SHOULD be NO WAY to for you overcome the binding by 'alternative' methods.
It sounds as if Amazon are going to be the loser here as the first owner did not break the binding before returning it, I wouldn't mess with the drone just in case it does need to go back.

You will easily be able to have Amazon pay the difference and give you a brand new drone at no additional cost. I’ve had them do it for me a couple times becae almost anything you choose to buy that’s used on Amazon shows up and is broken or the wrong item entirely and you fulfiillled your part. By law they have to give you a working item as described
2023-2-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chadray0602@gmail.com Posted at 2-3 15:10
You will easily be able to have Amazon pay the difference and give you a brand new drone at no additional cost. I’ve had them do it for me a couple times becae almost anything you choose to buy that’s used on Amazon shows up and is broken or the wrong item entirely and you fulfiillled your part. By law they have to give you a working item as described

what law is that?  there is no such law in america.

anyway, amazon will make you whole.  if that means a full refund, a partial refund, another same drone in same condition or better, a similar agreeable substitute....with amazon, you usually have a lot of options.  amazon is usually pretty good about standing behind their products and the products from their warehouse.   they will also go to bat for you when you have 3rd party issues (so will your credit card btw). but nobody is forced by law to give you anything, you often have to sue to get your damages.
2023-2-3
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

DJI you become a pain in the butt. For years and years, you don't have problems with people who bought your products and resale or repaired them, and still no problems for example with Mavic 2 pro or others in that category and others before. But suddenly you decided to implement this BS because you see it hurts the sales figures. Do not BS us now you suddenly care about people who lost their drones due to flying away that is a bogus argument as well as the one when you say you can not reset those drones to be able to be used again. You can tell that to people who have no clue about software engineering but not to me.
You have all the data on your servers and you can make them as new if the buyer sends the drone to you for a fee. You not going to do that I know, because your sales will be affected and you are greedy especially now when you see you lost the bid with the US government. Now you look for ways to rip off the consumer side by implementing these rules with loocking accounts. I hope you will change your mind because in this way you will lose.
2023-2-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Georgero Posted at 2-26 10:05
DJI you become a pain in the butt. For years and years, you don't have problems with people who bought your products and resale or repaired them, and still no problems for example with Mavic 2 pro or others in that category and others before. But suddenly you decided to implement this BS because you see it hurts the sales figures. Do not BS us now you suddenly care about people who lost their drones due to flying away that is a bogus argument as well as the one when you say you can not reset those drones to be able to be used again. You can tell that to people who have no clue about software engineering but not to me.
You have all the data on your servers and you can make them as new if the buyer sends the drone to you for a fee. You not going to do that I know, because your sales will be affected and you are greedy especially now when you see you lost the bid with the US government. Now you look for ways to rip off the consumer side by implementing these rules with loocking accounts. I hope you will change your mind because in this way you will lose.

i tend to agree with this; there has to be a way to ultimately unlock and bypass this problem.  i like the idea of sending the drone (and maybe even charging a fee) but i don't think dji will do it, not because of greed, but mostly because they don't have time and manpower and it doesn't happen that often and there's no way to ultimately verify.  it's an aftermarket issue which nobody cares about.

it's not like a mobile phone where unlocking the phone will make money for someone when you use the service.  unlock a drone and you get nothing out of it.  ultimately it will probably take the government to do something about this.  but for now, it's one of those situations where nobody cares until it happens to them.
2023-2-26
Use props
Papa77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 670000 ft

United States

I'm going through same thing paid 800 dollars for a fucking paper weight that I got off line form merci they give you 3 days to were if you don't want it well guess what they wanted 3 days to tell me they released the money now I have a mavic 3 pro mini to sit and collect dust this is totally bull ... can any one help
2023-4-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Papa77 Posted at 4-18 02:42
I'm going through same thing paid 800 dollars for a fucking paper weight that I got off line form merci they give you 3 days to were if you don't want it well guess what they wanted 3 days to tell me they released the money now I have a mavic 3 pro mini to sit and collect dust this is totally bull ... can any one help

so im a bit confused.  do these drones actually logoff or require you to login every 30 days which means you just have to wait it out?
eta:  i think i figured out my answer; binding <> logging in
2023-4-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Georgero Posted at 2-26 10:05
DJI you become a pain in the butt. For years and years, you don't have problems with people who bought your products and resale or repaired them, and still no problems for example with Mavic 2 pro or others in that category and others before. But suddenly you decided to implement this BS because you see it hurts the sales figures. Do not BS us now you suddenly care about people who lost their drones due to flying away that is a bogus argument as well as the one when you say you can not reset those drones to be able to be used again. You can tell that to people who have no clue about software engineering but not to me.
You have all the data on your servers and you can make them as new if the buyer sends the drone to you for a fee. You not going to do that I know, because your sales will be affected and you are greedy especially now when you see you lost the bid with the US government. Now you look for ways to rip off the consumer side by implementing these rules with loocking accounts. I hope you will change your mind because in this way you will lose.

I disagree, I think this binding is a good thing and provides a means to ground stolen or lost drones. If you bought a returned drone that was bound then blame the person who bound the drone and did not unbind it when returning the drone and or the seller for not checking the drone before refunding the original buyer.
If someone bought a drone in questionable circumstances, as has happened in at least one thread in here then, as far as I am concerned,  tough.

If I could bind my drones I would, indeed I tried to bind a mini 2, unfortunately the binding I could establish did nothing.
I wish DJI would extend this feature to all their drones.

Given that proof of purchases can be easily faked I think their refusal to unbind a drone is sensible. What could they accept as adequate proof that the drone was not a found drone or a stolen drone? The only thing I can think of is emailed confirmation from the email address of the binding account that the drone etc,. has been sold or returned.
2023-4-18
Use props
djiuser_nqNmtZYC7elC
New
Flight distance : 5400 ft

Denmark

Hi there,
I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone second hand, and the previous owner has remotely unbound his account from the controller. However, I still see it bounded. How long time does it normally take to update the information?
2023-6-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_nqNmtZYC7elC Posted at 6-4 12:06
Hi there,
I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone second hand, and the previous owner has remotely unbound his account from the controller. However, I still see it bounded. How long time does it normally take to update the information?

Has your app been connected to the internet since the previous owner unbound the drone etc. ?
Did the person unbind the controller from the drone as well?
2023-6-4
Use props
PsychX
lvl.1

Australia

I found a way to fix it ! After looking all over internet ! I bought a drone that was bound to another account and I couldn't fly it, if you are still facing this problem send me a message I can help you out
2023-7-15
Use props
PsychX
lvl.1

Australia

If you are facing the issue : Aircraft is bound to another account and you cannot unbind it, send me a message, I can help !
2023-7-15
Use props
Antperry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1568799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PsychX Posted at 7-15 09:21
If you are facing the issue : Aircraft is bound to another account and you cannot unbind it, send me a message, I can help !

Hi I am keen to get my used drone aligned to my account rather than the previous owner
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_xLUYJhNoVNHs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2022530 ft
United Kingdom

r0bb Posted at 2022-5-30 04:09
I would like to add that I'm also running into this problem (2022-05-30) and it's RIDICULOUS. DJI needs to fix this ASAP.

Bought the Mini 2 from a big webshop in Europe (not Amazon) as a "returned item in great condition". It was indeed in great condition, I doubt it was ever flown, it had all the stickers on it and everything. But as it turns out it was already bound to another DJI account. I think the previous buyer did this because I think the app prompts you to do it when you start it up, even if you don't have or want Care Refresh warranty.

Countless people, myself included have exactly the same issue. Gutted as I think the only solution is to send my DJI mini 2 back and look for a non DJI drone
2023-8-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules