40432 109 2022-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xLUYJhNoVNHs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2022530 ft
United Kingdom

PsychX Posted at 7-15 09:21
If you are facing the issue : Aircraft is bound to another account and you cannot unbind it, send me a message, I can help !

Please can you help me unbind account from previous DJI owner, as I bought it from a third party who has no idea or details of previous owner
2023-8-31
Use props
jeff87
New

United States

Amazon guarantees anything that's third parties through  them I believe I'm sure they would either take care of you or get the seller to make good on it !!
2023-8-31
Use props
jeff87
New

United States

PsychX Posted at 7-15 09:21
If you are facing the issue : Aircraft is bound to another account and you cannot unbind it, send me a message, I can help !

I think you are just the person that could help me out I have a question about the I have somebody that's selling just the drone they don't have the controller but they're a long ways away there in California I'm in Washington if I bought the drone and got it here would I be screwed if it wasn't if it was bound or is there a easy way to get out of it thank you I appreciate it !!
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xLUYJhNoVNHs Posted at 8-31 02:21
Please can you help me unbind account from previous DJI owner, as I bought it from a third party who has no idea or details of previous owner

Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble. We suggest contacting our support to help you unbind the previous owner from the drone. You can use the following link to get in touch with them: https://www.dji.com/global/support. Please reach back if you need further help. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-1
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

The same thing happened to us a few months ago. We contacted DJI, they contacted the owner currently linked to that drone, based on the serial number they ask for. And they ask him to unlink the drone from his account. If the first owner does not do it, I think it cannot be done any other way.
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_OmSClAwcLJP7
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-4-1 23:52
Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. After the aircraft is bound with an account, it can also be removed from the account. To remove the aircraft from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function. Here is the path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account.

Does the aircraft have to be in the presence of the bound account owner for them to do this? I bought a used drone and it’s bound to another account. I have the aircraft and controller with me. Just wondering if they can unbind it remotely in their app or if I will have to take the drone and meet up with them again.
2023-9-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_OmSClAwcLJP7 Posted at 9-12 04:54
Does the aircraft have to be in the presence of the bound account owner for them to do this? I bought a used drone and it’s bound to another account. I have the aircraft and controller with me. Just wondering if they can unbind it remotely in their app or if I will have to take the drone and meet up with them again.

No, it can be done remotely. All the original owner needs is a phone etc that has the app installed on it and for the app to be logged into the binding account and connected to the internet.

Once they have unbound the equipment you will need to connect your app to the internet and the controller and switch the drone and controller on. The unbinding should then be registered on the drone and controller.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_OmSClAwcLJP7 Posted at 9-12 04:54

Hi there, thank you for reaching us. You could contact with the device original user to remotely unbind the account first via DJI Fly app. Then you could log in your own account to bind with the device instead. Thanks.
2023-9-12
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-1 00:25
Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble. We suggest contacting our support to help you unbind the previous owner from the drone. You can use the following link to get in touch with them: https://www.dji.com/global/support. Please reach back if you need further help. Have a great day ahead.

Has anyone been able to unbind their drone from previous owner based on this advice?
2023-10-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

xfdgher567 Posted at 10-5 07:56
Has anyone been able to unbind their drone from previous owner based on this advice?

Person C buys a drone from Person B, it turns out that Person B bought the drone from Person A and that person A bound the drone using DJI account A.

ONLY DJI account A can unbind the drone FULL STOP.

So, either,
Person A has to unbind the drone when they are logged into DJI account A, which they can do remotely and HAS been done ..... OR
Person A has to give Person C the login details for DJI Account A and Person C has to log into DJI account A and undo the binding.
Person C can then log out of DJI account A and log into their own account ........... .

2023-10-5
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-18 16:42
so im a bit confused.  do these drones actually logoff or require you to login every 30 days which means you just have to wait it out?
eta:  i think i figured out my answer; binding  logging in

I have been reading this thread to see if the log-off issue would be raised. Here it is.  Sometimes a drone and controller are sold and they work fine together under somebody else's account just like it would if I handed you my drone and you flew it but eventually (I have seen it is NOT a specific 30 day time) you may have to sign in with the email and password associated with the drone. If it wasn't a paper weight before it would be then.  I agree that it is atrocious that DJI can't unlock the drone. They can LOCK it! They should have a way to unlock it. That said, I will -never- buy a drone from an online seller other than DJI with a few exceptions like BH Photo Video or other trusted source (that doesn't include the big A). The gamble isn't worth it.
2023-10-6
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_xLUYJhNoVNHs Posted at 8-31 02:21

you may have figured out you're screwed. Even if it is flyable now eventually you will be asked to enter you user name and password and then it's all over.
2023-10-6
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone been able to unbind their drone from previous owner based on this advice?

Never. I promise you.
2023-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 10-6 03:28
Never. I promise you.

You are correct in that xfdgher567 will be unable to unbind the drone using their own account, that is one of the things that is MEANT to be prevented otherwise the binding would be pointless.

However, if the 'binder' subsequently chooses to undo the binding AS HAS HAPPENED then the drone is unbound. Ditto if the binder sends xfdgher567 the relevant login details then xfdgher567 can log into that account and unbind the drone for themselves. I explained this in post #90.

Besides there is a level/strength of binding that does absolutely nothing in terms of grounding a drone or preventing the equipments use. I have tested the latter with a Mini 2 and was able to use ANY known DJI account login and ANY RC231 controller to fly the 'bound' drone.

I DO NOT have care refresh on that drone which is why, I think, I was only able to establish the 'weak' binding.

I think you will find that Suren had and possibly still has, a drone, Mavic 3?, that was remotely unbound by the 'binder' and I recollect there being several other people who have had bound drones unbound in such a manner.
2023-10-6
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue with an M3 bought from B&H Used Dept.  The only person that can unbind it is the previous owner.  DJI can not unbind.  This is a security feature to prevent use of stolen drones and for DJI Care Flyaway.  B&H had no way of contacting the previous owner and ended up having to eat the drone.  I doubt Amazon has a way either.  RETURN THE DRONE!
2023-10-9
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-1 00:25

Which options, specifically, are we supposed to select from that Support portal to make a request to unbind? I just submitted a repair request but the options are confusing.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Has anyone been able to unbind their drone from previous owner based on this advice?

Hello there. Yes, we can help you with that. We also suggest contacting the previous owner to have them unbind it from their end. If you can't contact the seller, please contact us to help you.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

xfdgher567 Posted at 10-9 15:24
Which options, specifically, are we supposed to select from that Support portal to make a request to unbind? I just submitted a repair request but the options are confusing.

Hello there. Sorry about the confusion, You don't need to submit a repair request to unbind. You can simply contact us and one of the DJI live support will assist you. From the same link we have provided, scroll far down and you will see "Contact Us". Have a nice day.
2023-10-10
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.1
United States

Hi all, update on my situation buying a mini 3 pro from amazon in US and it arriving bound to another customer. I contacted DJI support as DJI Tony advised in this thread and after chatting with someone and providing contact info and proof of purchase in 1-3 days lo and behold my mini3pro was now available for me to bind to myself. Problem solved! Credit where credit is due DJI fixed the situation. I didn't ask how. Did they contact the previous owner? Did they see the lack of activity and assume the drone didn't belong to the previous owner? I don't know. But I'm thankful it's resolved.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_nE4sEfEKrdJ8
New

United States

Good God does DJI not read the comment before replying to it because the new owner has said 15 times his entire problem is he cannot contact the previous owner and you keep telling him to have the bound account unbound it
2023-10-12
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5210030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I was miss-lead by the DJI online support. I was told there were 2 ways to unbind a drone bound to an account that was not yours.

1. DJI online support told me, If you can provide the PDF version of the proof of purchase and the relevant authorized unbinding letter. We will contact our senior team to unbind it if the drone was not stolen or flyaway.

2.that DJI would contact the previous owner to unbind the drone.

But I received a email from DJI Tech Support telling me that they could help unbind the drone with the original account.  To help you unbind the account, please contact the sales platform/store to provide an authorized unbinding letter. Then, we could further assist you in resolving the unbinding issue. Reference content of the authorized unbinding letter.

Someone needs to get on the same page, because I bought a bound drone based on support telling me that they could contact the former owner after I provided them with a receipt and SN# which was not from a stolen or fly-away drone, since the sellers were a third party with clearing house or estate purchased products and obviously not a DJI reseller!.

I'm not happy with being given false information.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HD Pilot Posted at 11-10 21:49
Yes, I was miss-lead by the DJI online support. I was told there were 2 ways to unbind a drone bound to an account that was not yours.

1. DJI online support told me, If you can provide the PDF version of the proof of purchase and the relevant authorized unbinding letter. We will contact our senior team to unbind it if the drone was not stolen or flyaway.

Hi HD Pilot, we feel terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you came across. It is not our intention in any way to add more frustrations to our customers.
For your issue, would you please provide us your SN or e-mail address? We will help you to further investgate with our relevant team. And we will also keep improving our service. Thank you for your tolerance and understanding!
*If it is inconvenient to post here, you could send us a PM, thanks.
2023-11-10
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just to drive the knife deeper into the gut, these goobs stated that they were able to get a large number of drones that were purchased from a Amazon Return Pallet sale unbound by DJI Support without knowing the account holders and not having anything from an "Authorized: DJI Dealer, unless they fraudulently had someone they knew that was a DJI dealer produce the documentation to get DJI Support to unbind the drones.  They said that Amazon was able to help them with sales documatation, but how would that be any different than a sales receipt from ebay or another general online sales printout?
Watch time-stamp 10:17

BTW, thank you for the offer DJI Thor, but I really DON'T think providing you the information that I already provided to DJI Support and Online Support will change the outcome. I would have wished that your team would work from the same page and not provide inaccurate information. I would not have made the purchases with the hope of returning these drones to an airworthy condition to be flow again instead of being yet another piece of landfill trash with the other "TOY" drones that people trash and toss out.
I would not be hopeful that your involvement could change the outcome. Again, thank you for your offer.

2023-11-11
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-4-8 19:05
Sorry for any confusion caused. We really try to help this out. Since the unbinding process involves the private information of the previous aircraft owner, we are unable to assist with this process. The users need to contact the seller for further assistance. Thanks for your understanding.

Your answer  " we are unable to assist with this process. The users need to contact the seller for further assistance."  is a contradiction to what various DJI Support personnel state. Your team needs to state that instead of implying you can unbind the account. Even after reaching the seller, they cannot help you since they do not know who is the holder of the original account.

So, what is the truth? - Do you, or do you not have the ability to help unbind the drones from an account when you cannot reach the original person that is the holder of the account?!
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HD Pilot Posted at 11-11 09:14
Your answer  " we are unable to assist with this process. The users need to contact the seller for further assistance."  is a contradiction to what various DJI Support personnel state. Your team needs to state that instead of implying you can unbind the account. Even after reaching the seller, they cannot help you since they do not know who is the holder of the original account.

So, what is the truth? - Do you, or do you not have the ability to help unbind the drones from an account when you cannot reach the original person that is the holder of the account?!

Hi HD Pilot, we are sorry for the misunderstanding. This comment was from 2022/04. In this regard, we have optimized our processes to improve our customer experience.

After checking with our relevant team, one of your device has been unbound successfully. For the other one, we are still working on it. We also notice that you have replied the e-mail, and we will remind them to follow up with your request. Thank you for your patience and tolerance.
2023-11-16
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 11-16 22:51
Hi HD Pilot, we are sorry for the misunderstanding. This comment was from 2022/04. In this regard, we have optimized our processes to improve our customer experience.

After checking with our relevant team, one of your device has been unbound successfully. For the other one, we are still working on it. We also notice that you have replied the e-mail, and we will remind them to follow up with your request. Thank you for your patience and tolerance.

Thank you for helping. It was getting confusing when I was receiving mixed information.
2023-11-17
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Does not really matter what you do, the polite folks will always give you this answer after a decent wait:

Thank you for patiently waiting and we hope this email finds you well.

We have contacted the account owner, but we didn't receive positive feedback or authorization.

We are unable to disclose the information on it or unbind it directly in respect of the privacy rules and regulations. We understand it must be frustrating to know the background of this product. To protect your benefit, we suggest contacting your seller for a refund or replacement service.

We suggest purchasing DJI products from the DJI Store in the future, we will for sure protect our customers' benefits and no such issue will happen. https://store.dji.com/

If there's anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let us know. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Thanks for choosing DJI.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HD Pilot Posted at 11-17 08:49
Thank you for helping. It was getting confusing when I was receiving mixed information.

No problem, it is our pleasure. We will keep monitoring your case.
2023-11-18
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 11-17 13:30
Does not really matter what you do, the polite folks will always give you this answer after a decent wait:

Thank you for patiently waiting and we hope this email finds you well.

Your are correct. So far, I'm seeing the same canned response.
2023-11-22
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well as of today, DJI Support came thru and was able to get the former registered owners to unbind their accounts on the drones I have.
Only one of them they were unable to get a reply, so, I guess it's a brick.
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules