RC not connected to Phone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingPigsixsix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43025 ft
Germany

RC not connected to Phone - red sign on the top of my screen.
I changed nothing since the last time i used my mini 2, only a few months ago.

I have a Huawei phone with Android 9, thats the last version my phone supports and everything was working just fine at the beginning of this year.

My phone is prompting me every a few seconds with the original cable and a new one i just bought, coming in and out of "charging mode".

First time this happened i was outside so i couldnt try a lot of things and got frustrated, once back home i updated the Fly app, but the same is happening.
Find out that i could updated the firmware in the controller and drone trough a PC, not an easy task even with the "consumer drone series" version i still had to touch up some files for it to show me more options for the drone and controller, still having the same problem.
So i bought a new USB-C to MicroUSB cable, still same issue.
Managed to install a couple  older versions of the FlyApp but the same thing, and shortly after they're automatically updated to the lastest version.

I had the chance to try with an Iphone 7 and everything worked with no issues.

DJI customer service is not showing any professionalism at the time to deal with this issue.

Im not an expert but if it worked before, why is it so hard to make it work again?

Assistant 2 is no longer showing the previous firmware versions for the RC or Drone.

Any Ideas on how to tackle this issue? Any other workarround? Thoughts? Similar cases?

Im just supper anoyed, im travelling and wanted to use my new drone, and dji doesnt seem to care a bit, to me this was a very expensive investment and i was only able to use it a couple times.
2022-4-1
Use props
FlyingPigsixsix
lvl.1
Germany

USB debbug options were also tested without success
2022-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

FlyingPigsixsix Posted at 4-1 10:12
USB debbug options were also tested without success

Hi, there. I regret the pain you've been inflicted. If I were in your position, I would feel the same way and apologize for your unpleasant experience. Would you please try to remove the phone case while connecting to the remote controller? Besides, we have forwarded your feedback to our engineer. Please watch out for future firmware updates. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-1
Use props
FlyingPigsixsix
lvl.1
Germany

no luck, all the same
2022-4-2
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44213 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue!
I have both an IPhone 11 and an IPad Mini.  Trying to connect with the supplied controller and either a USB cord (to the mini) or the side cable (with the IPhone).  I will get the beeps as it connects then disconnects.  When it's disconnected, The screen shows "Not Charging" and I can NOT enter device.  Ironically, when I try to start/stop the rotors, the Mini works.  It IS connected to the controller, I just can't see anything?

Gonna try with another IPad but concerned that it's a software issue.  I haven't used this Mini Air in over 6 months but that shouldn't matter.  It's a fine drone and I want to be able to utilize it as I also have a Mavic Pro and Mavi 2 Zoom but after looking at the price of the new 3, I just will keep my current drones for a while more.

Hope this can be resolved..
Always
Motch
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_VUxMzEqzjzKk
New

France

Motch Posted at 4-3 07:11
I am having the same issue!
I have both an IPhone 11 and an IPad Mini.  Trying to connect with the supplied controller and either a USB cord (to the mini) or the side cable (with the IPhone).  I will get the beeps as it connects then disconnects.  When it's disconnected, The screen shows "Not Charging" and I can NOT enter device.  Ironically, when I try to start/stop the rotors, the Mini works.  It IS connected to the controller, I just can't see anything?

I have the same problem, this product is a ...!
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_VUxMzEqzjzKk
New

France

I’m really upset with this drone, i dont manage to do my first fly, i was just happy to do some footage and fuck nothing works, really really bad
2022-4-3
Use props
FlyingPigsixsix
lvl.1
Germany

The only thing that's left for me to try is to flash back drone and rc to a previous firmware versions and try again with the older fly app version altogether.

I hope DJI finally makes an effort to understand their customer needs and stop replying with pre written emails.
2022-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules