Orbit Shot Video File Divided
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLOsprey
lvl.1
United States

Preliminary details: Phantom 4 pro v2; Point of interest shot showing horizon and POI; altitude 280 ft; radius: enough to show horizon and POI. Video details: 2K/30 FPS; Length 10-12 minutes:

The resulting orbit shot is divided into two files.  The video is never stopped, it is however presented as two separate video files. Does anyone have an explanation.

Thanks for your help.
2022-4-1
Use props
Wilson 000
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, I hope the following answers can help you:
1. Is each small video correct and playable?
2. Is the model of the SD card the original card? If there is an original card, you can replace the original card and test it;
3. And you can format the SD card, then put the drone at a standstill to start recording, and record the LiveView screen process of the video through mobile phones and other devices, Observe whether the recording time on the middle LiveView interface has jumped or has any abnormality;
4. If the recording time jumps normally, confirm whether the video in the SD card is split at this time. If it is not split, then re-test your original SD card to see if it is OK;
5. If none of the above work, maybe you need to send the operation video to technical support
2022-4-2
Use props
FLOsprey
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Wilson 000,

I set the quad up in my office and recorded the same time span as the original clip without formatting the card, and it cut the video into 3 unites.  I subsequently formatted the card, and recorded two additional videos of the same length; both of which were truncated into 3 unites.  The original and the two subsequent clips illustrated no interference at the time of the cut.  I did notice a very faint light flicker on the left side for the clip.  However, the flicker was not noticeable at all times, and did not seem to correlate with the cuts.  All of the truncated clips seemed functional, but would require post work to combine them.  I also think that they could be combined with editing software without any noticeable transitions.  The original disk that came with the quad was a Samsung 32 GB, but it was too slow to record 2K or 4K video. This quad had a defective gimbal at purchase and was returned to DJI for repair, in case that history might be relevant. Incidentally, the SD card must necessarily be inserted into the Quad upside-down if that is relevant information.
Does this suggest that I should send the clips to technical support?  

Thanks Wilson 000.

2022-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FLOsprey Posted at 4-2 10:38
Thanks Wilson 000,

I set the quad up in my office and recorded the same time span as the original clip without formatting the card, and it cut the video into 3 unites.  I subsequently formatted the card, and recorded two additional videos of the same length; both of which were truncated into 3 unites.  The original and the two subsequent clips illustrated no interference at the time of the cut.  I did notice a very faint light flicker on the left side for the clip.  However, the flicker was not noticeable at all times, and did not seem to correlate with the cuts.  All of the truncated clips seemed functional, but would require post work to combine them.  I also think that they could be combined with editing software without any noticeable transitions.  The original disk that came with the quad was a Samsung 32 GB, but it was too slow to record 2K or 4K video. This quad had a defective gimbal at purchase and was returned to DJI for repair, in case that history might be relevant. Incidentally, the SD card must necessarily be inserted into the Quad upside-down if that is relevant information.

If you look at the properties of the files, you should find they are approximately 4GB in size. What you are seeing is perfectly normal, DJI have chosen to split the file into a series of smaller files, each no more than 4GB in size. This has been going on since their first drone with a camera on it.
2022-4-2
Use props
FLOsprey
lvl.1
United States

Wow!

Am I a novice or not?  Actually, I will gladly trade my disclosure for the relief in finding everything OK.

Thanks Geebax
2022-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules