1565 8 2022-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spaceman5
lvl.1
Israel

Hi all

I have the DJI Mavic Mini (the first one),
and DJI Fly, that was installed from google Play, on the days it was avaialble there.

A few years ago, I was told here that DJI Fly is not available anymore on Google Play,
and anyone who wants to update it, needs to Uninstall what he Installed from Google Play,
and then Download the app from dji.com, and Install it without going thru google Play.

I am curious about something:

If you go to DJI's Developer Webpage on google Play,
( https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DJI+TECHNOLOGY+CO.,+LTD )
you can still see there othe apps,
like DJI Go:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
DJI Pilot:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dji.industry.pilot
and more.

So I'm curious:  what's special about DJI Fly, that prevents it from being available on Google Play,
vs DJI Go and the rest of the apps, which are still there with no problem at all?

Thank you
2022-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Due to a growing number of APP download channels, we cannot ensure every kind of app on each channel is the latest version. When the app you install is not the latest version, it may affect your flying experience. Thus, we highly recommend that users download the latest version from our official website.
2022-4-1
Use props
spaceman5
lvl.1
Israel

Hi DJI Thor

Thank you very much for your reply.

>we cannot ensure every kind of app on each channel is the latest version
The thing is, on Google Play, there is no version at all of DJI Fly.

It's not that there is an older version there, the app is not there at all.

And I know you recommend using the latest version..

But my queston is different:

What was the problem with DJI Fly, that Google Play is not hosting it?
(while it does host the other apps like DJI Go, DJI Pilot, etc, with no problem..)

Thank you
2022-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thanks for your attention. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments. User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_aFWw9mseBFCq
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 03:31
Thanks for your attention. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments. User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Is there an easy place to get the app?  I clicked tbe android version on the dji downloads page and it downloaded but my s22 ultra says the file cannot be opened.
2022-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_aFWw9mseBFCq Posted at 4-2 18:33
Is there an easy place to get the app?  I clicked tbe android version on the dji downloads page and it downloaded but my s22 ultra says the file cannot be opened.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We recommend you download the app through our official website. Please try to update the firmware of your mobile device to see if it works. Besides, try to open the file via the file browser.
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_aFWw9mseBFCq
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 20:08
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We recommend you download the app through our official website. Please try to update the firmware of your mobile device to see if it works. Besides, try to open the file via the file browser.

Your suggestion worked! Thanks!
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_aFWw9mseBFCq Posted at 4-3 18:45
Your suggestion worked! Thanks!

Glad to know that. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-4-3
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I read somewhere that the thing what they call “technical adjustments” are actually bugs in DJI SDK which when compiled to the new AAB format, the app doesn't work, and as Play Store doesn't approve APK files,  so DJI is required to distribute it manually.
I don't understand, is it that hard to fix those bugs that prevent the app from working on AAB format?
Come on DJI!
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules