4998 95 2022-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What do you think ? Looks like it has portrait mode like the old M1.

2022-4-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hallmark007. Good day and thnak you for sharing this video that you have found with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products releases, specifications and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-4-2
Use props
Reguzz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

I dont know if that mini 3 in that video legit or not, but damn...

Why they dont use old mavic air body for the design reference? or keep the current design (mini 2) with a little bit tweaking for added component.
well, my opinion, that design umm.. bit ugly sory hehe
2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you for linking this, hallmark007!

If it turns out to be true ...
"Ugly child" is not wrong. But that's not a dealbreaker.
Different batteries, so no reuse of our Mini 1/2 batteries, maybe even two of them. Bad for reuse, good for longer flight times.
Front, rear and down facing sensors. Not brilliant, but good.
Strange gimbal, I don't regard placing an asymmetric gimbal/camera combination inside a symmetric cage as the pinnacle of air resistance.
Ancient looking camera housing with graded sides consisting of reflective surfaces? Hell no!
Plus a deep lens depression prone to wind forces? Please don't!
Many sharp edges and open hollow structures for catching wind? Argh!
Possible to turn the camera up that much? Nice for 360 panos including the "upper world".
Unfortunately, no more info about the camera specs - that's what I had been waiting for.

All in all: Doesn't look like a Mini 3, looks more like a mixture of different components of today and the day before yesterday.
So I won't take it for real, not yet.
2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Reguzz Posted at 4-2 02:30

Why they dont use old mavic air body for the design reference? or keep the current design (mini 2) with a little bit tweaking for added component.

Its very typical of DJI marketing. And most of the photos and drawings Seen so far resemble this. I think if it has some tasty new features then it might make up for its Stark appearance.
2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landey Posted at 4-2 02:31
Thank you for linking this, hallmark007!

If it turns out to be true ...

The camera gimbal is on a right arm only, this will allow it to turn 90 degrees and shoot portrait mode, a much loved feature from mavic 1, and will make this drone pretty useful for social media users instagram tic tok etc.
2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 02:40
The camera gimbal is on a right arm only, this will allow it to turn 90 degrees and shoot portrait mode, a much loved feature from mavic 1, and will make this drone pretty useful for social media users instagram tic tok etc.

Sure, but this would need a different controller with an additional wheel (which I would highly appreciate) - and the angle of rotation would be quite restricted by that big bulge on the other side getting into the field of view.
Let's hope it's not a final version or that video posted yesterday.
2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landey Posted at 4-2 02:47
Sure, but this would need a different controller with an additional wheel (which I would highly appreciate) - and the angle of rotation would be quite restricted by that big bulge on the other side getting into the field of view.
Let's hope it's not a final version or that video posted yesterday.

Not strictly True, with mavic 1 to change to portrait mode was just changed in the app or a dedicated button. But I think we might see a change of RC anyway.

2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 03:01
Not strictly True, with mavic 1 to change to portrait mode was just changed in the app or a dedicated button. But I think we might see a change of RC anyway.

Fully agree!
I like the Mini 2 controller, it's also quite sufficient for our little drone and a very convenient thing.
It just shouldn't be the controller higher-class drones like Mavic 3 are supplied with.
But if I remember right, the leaked package shot showed one of the upper class controllers in the new package. If so, we'll get our second wheel - at the cost of a friendly price.
2022-4-2
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-2 02:26
Hello there hallmark007. Good day and thnak you for sharing this video that you have found with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products releases, specifications and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products releases

You (the admins) have no information or DJI ? ;-) Maybe it's a brand new Hubsan with DJI lettering.
2022-4-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing hallmark.  I got to say that is one ugly duckling.  The single mount gimbal is a bit interesting.  Wonder if it will come compatible with the RC Pro Controller.

2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-2 04:34
Thanks for sharing hallmark.  I got to say that is one ugly duckling.  The single mount gimbal is a bit interesting.  Wonder if it will come compatible with the RC Pro Controller.

I do think it will be compatible With RC pro, I can also see it coming with its own Smart Remote. Looking at leaked photos showing Remote with screen. This would probably make it expensive. I think they are having to compete with Autel Nano now so it needs something that appeals to their customers.
2022-4-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That’s one ugly mother F*****
2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-2 05:20
That’s one ugly mother F*****

Just fly it very far BVLOS . “Out of sight is out of mind” I like the fact it has an appetite of 1.7 this should be really good at night and in lowlight.
2022-4-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 04:48
I do think it will be compatible With RC pro, I can also see it coming with its own Smart Remote. Looking at leaked photos showing Remote with screen. This would probably make it expensive. I think they are having to compete with Autel Nano now so it needs something that appeals to their customers.

I'm sure the price will increase quite a lot over what the Mini 2 goes for, especially if it comes with a smart controller.
2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Suren Posted at 4-2 05:20
That’s one ugly mother F*****

Following Suren's bon mot and hallmark007's reply:

Officer: "Hey, drone pilot! You are flying far beyond your visual line of sight! Any solid reason?"
Drone pilot: [Silently returns the drone home and presents the Mini 3]
Officer: "Holy ... That's what I call a solid reason!"
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So is the summary that the gimbal could possibly have 180 deg of pitch, limited yaw and maybe 120-130 deg of roll allowing portrait oriientation shooting at on end of its roll range?  Limited yaw is no great problem, the existing minis don't have much.
With all the visual seeing stuff, cameras and sensors, at the front end and the mass of the battery behind that 'driving things forward' I think it would best to crash this in reverse, lol. I wonder if they will add an emergency pivot/spin button lol
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see the arm says Mini 3 Pro, or starts to with the P
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

could it conclude "iss take"?
2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 07:35

I think it is going to be attractive To Tik Tok and you tubers. And the travel market. I sold my Mini 2 but I’m sorry I did now because I always had no problems flying it with the public , so long as you weren’t ignorant with it people loved it and always had good things to say about it and for travelers this allows you to put it up when you want to without imposing on people.
2022-4-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Landey Posted at 4-2 05:58
Following Suren's bon mot and hallmark007's reply:

Officer: "Hey, drone pilot! You are flying far beyond your visual line of sight! Any solid reason?"

2022-4-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not see it as ugly.  Rather I see it as unique, different, and well, as long as it can do the job!  Do I need another drone, no.  Am I going to get that one?  Hell yes!  It looks like fun!  To have all that tech in such a small drone?  Amazing!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
2022-4-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i hope it is ugly and expensive; can't afford another drone.  i'm really liking this nano+ and would hate to see the mini3 one-up it so soon.
2022-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 07:35

Most probably but highly unlikely lol
All speculation below...

One thing ive just noticed, I don't think it looks like we will be able to use any existing batteries :/
That scoop at the front will kill aerodynamics, so prob not as good as it could be.
Not seeing any lights but then again, we are not seeing the front arms so probably just on those?
Ive seen mention that the back of the front sensors may be rear-facing sensors, im not convinced, perhaps they may be fixing screws?

Im also not convinced about the multiple variations, i think the Pro part will be more for marketing purposes, the sensors etc now open it up to a wider audience, eg pro use. The fact that we saw the controller in the flyer, im not so sure that that actually means anything other than you can probably buy it with the controller as an option.

IF i get one, i may call it, Syd.....

2022-4-2
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-2 20:28
Most probably but highly unlikely lol
All speculation below...

Time will tell with aerodynamics
2022-4-2
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Reguzz Posted at 4-2 02:30

They almost had to do something radically different in design,to give that wow factor look.
2022-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a lot bigger than the Mini2 to me,   thats the only thing that seems off in the leak.
2022-4-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gives ugly a bad name.  More Ford Edsel than Porsche Carrera
2022-4-3
Use props
PROTEUS2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8245 ft
United States

Looks like they cut out their product design team and handed the design straight to the engineers.  Starting with the camera, it's more representative of a TV set from the 50's than a professional camera lens.  Cameras lenses are round, and the more they style it into that dated profile, the more of a cheap looking toy it becomes.  Speaking of cheap looking, are they really going to leave that arm opposite side of the gimbal exposed to the interior shell like that?  

Finally and most importantly, it looks like they paid no attention at all to it's visual appeal.  You may say that really doesn't matter, but as someone who has done product design in the past it matters quite a bit.  People don't buy high end sports cars based only the specs of the engine.  Oh sure they talk about the power but the body style is equally if not more import to get them to fall in love and make a purchase.  No one would spend 300,000 on a Lamborghini purely for it's engine power if it's body looked like a 1950's Ford Edsel....which is what we have here.
2022-4-3
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

PROTEUS2 Posted at 4-3 02:20
Looks like they cut out their product design team and handed the design straight to the engineers.  Starting with the camera, it's more representative of a TV set from the 50's than a professional camera lens.  Cameras lenses are round, and the more they style it into that dated profile, the more of a cheap looking toy it becomes.  Speaking of cheap looking, are they really going to leave that arm opposite side of the gimbal exposed to the interior shell like that?  

Fully agree!

The camera design is a kind of death sentence for filter use - all that shiny rectangular surfaces all around the pit will reflect light back to the filter pane and cause stray light interference.
That hollow noses left and right of the camera will catch wind utmost happily and block the camera's view to the sides.
The non-centered gimbal will give it a hard time in windy conditions.

And yes, design also counts in the selling equation. We all like bystanders saying "Oh, that's a real cute drone!" Of course we'd never admit.

Let's just hope that video (which immediately fired countless more YT videos repeating the same speculations and guesses) was just meant for April fool's day.
2022-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landey Posted at 4-3 02:41
Fully agree!

The camera design is a kind of death sentence for filter use - all that shiny rectangular surfaces all around the pit will reflect light back to the filter pane and cause stray light interference.

I think judging by most drones DJI release now , filters is an integral Part of the drone particularly drones with fixed aperture. So I would hazard a guess that DJI have already considered that this drone camera would need to be capable of holding filters. This is also a consideration taken into account when calculating the payload of the gimbal.
2022-4-3
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Yet another bragging video designed for people who cannot read (and illiterate authors who cannot write)!
2022-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Johnny_J Posted at 4-3 04:31
Yet another bragging video designed for people who cannot read (and illiterate authors who cannot write)!

“Technically, of course, he was right. Socially, he is just annoying us.”
2022-4-3
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I was personally surprised by the voltage of the battery. 7.38V and the end voltage of the charging is only 8.5V. This is some strange turn towards the older generation li-poly batteries.
2022-4-3
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

I Like It!
2022-4-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

No doubt weight and features have higher priorities than aesthetics.  It's not like a drone's appearance makes much difference to anything.

That said, if comparable to the Nano, Autel did a better job lol.
2022-4-4
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 02:40
The camera gimbal is on a right arm only, this will allow it to turn 90 degrees and shoot portrait mode, a much loved feature from mavic 1, and will make this drone pretty useful for social media users instagram tic tok etc.

Only inexperienced people film in portrait format (mostly women) because
they don't think about watching the videos at home on the big TV.
I almost always record in landscape format 16:9 and of course in 4K.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 10:37
Nope. It was broken in flight. The person who shared the images, DealsDrone already said that the gimbal was broken on that side during flight. Nice speculation, but you are wrong, per usual.[view_image]

You are very well known for posting completely FAKE DJI documents etc. Emails from DJI that are FAKE etc. everything you post is FAKE. So not sure about this one.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules