Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji fpv virtual simulator problem with livefeed on goggles
12Next >
7189 78 2022-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaronrivera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2989695 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

After updating my ios devices, the feed from gogggles are unusable. Glitchy and unstable and turns off by itself in about 30 secs.
Please fix this issue.
2022-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Is there any error message prompt? Could you please give us a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? If it's possible, please try to use another device to see if it persists.
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1244495 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. After ios update feed to goggles breaks into lines of distorted boxes and disconnects after a few seconds. Image on phone screen normal but indicates goggles disconnected Completely unusable.
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv Posted at 4-3 06:35
Same here. After ios update feed to goggles breaks into lines of distorted boxes and disconnects after a few seconds. Image on phone screen normal but indicates goggles disconnected Completely unusable.

We are sorry for the issue. Could you please tell us the exact iOS version, the model of the iPhone, and a picture of the issue for us to double confirm?
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have an iPhone 8. ios 15.4.1
I have no idea how to get a copy from the goggles. Worked fine until this ios version. Feed to goggles is completely  broken and crashes in less than a minute. I don't use apple and purchased this specifically for the simulator.
2022-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv Posted at 4-4 00:45
I have an iPhone 8. ios 15.4.1
I have no idea how to get a copy from the goggles. Worked fine until this ios version. Feed to goggles is completely  broken and crashes in less than a minute. I don't use apple and purchased this specifically for the simulator.

You can use the phone to take a picture of the goggles screen. I would love to double confirm the issue first.
And as it happened only after updating the phone, you may try to downgrade the firmware or use a third-party flight simulator (e.g DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF) on the computer as a temporary solution.
2022-4-4
Use props
djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here is photos of goggles and screen on phone.
VideoCapture_20220404-073905.jpg
VideoCapture_20220404-073719.jpg
VideoCapture_20220404-073637.jpg
2022-4-4
Use props
fans3e4f6a2b
New

United States

Yep, exactly what I’m getting since last iOS update also. iPhone Xr. Glitchy, semi-scrambled goggle view, then goggles shut off and reboot after around 30 seconds or so. Tried different, brand new cord, battery. No change. Goggles still work perfectly fine when flying actual drone. Problem only on DJI Flight app.
2022-4-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv Posted at 4-4 06:46
Here is photos of goggles and screen on phone.

Thank you for your information. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers were aware of this issue and working on it. The coming version app will get this thing fixed. Please wait patiently.
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_zWx8ndWDAchv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-5 03:15
Thank you for your information. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers were aware of this issue and working on it. The coming version app will get this thing fixed. Please wait patiently.

Thank you.
2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your understanding and support. Please keep close attention to the update on our official web: https://www.dji.com/ Thanks.
2022-4-5
Use props
VirtualTroy
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here with Virtual Flight app. Also having issues with the DJI Fly App connecting to the FPV aircraft since the IOS 15.4.1 update.
Sometimes resetting or restarting iPad will resolve issue for a short period of time.
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, VirtualTroy. Thank you for reaching out. For the problem of with Virtual Flight app, you can refer to the following information:
1. The problem is not a hardware problem and will not affect the real flight. We will solve the issue by issue new version of app in future. We feel sorry for all unpleasant experience.
2. It is recommended to use a low-version ios device for virtual flight, or download a third-party simulator from the PC to connect to the remote control simulation, such as: DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF and other simulators.
And we will comfirm the the problem with the DJI Fly App connecting to the FPV aircraft with our engineer, can you also provide us more details like a video? Thank you in advance.
2022-4-16
Use props
Bully2001
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-16 01:24
Hello, VirtualTroy. Thank you for reaching out. For the problem of with Virtual Flight app, you can refer to the following information:
1. The problem is not a hardware problem and will not affect the real flight. We will solve the issue by issue new version of app in future. We feel sorry for all unpleasant experience.
2. It is recommended to use a low-version ios device for virtual flight, or download a third-party simulator from the PC to connect to the remote control simulation, such as: DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF and other simulators.

Hello Natalia,
the problem has been mentioned and posted several times on the DJI Forum page.
It's always the same problem
chopped image transmission, image dropout, rebooting the googles.

No videos of the affected users will help either!
The problem is the Apple IOS 15.4.1

Maybe it would help if on the download page remove this note >>
(Before installing DJI Flight Simulator, please update all devices firmware to the latest versionBefore installing DJI Flight Simulator, please update all devices firmware to the latest version) until the new app is available?
As a result, my opportunity to fly with this virtual simulator has passed because I followed the instructions well. If I had NOT updated my Apple IOS I could now fly virtually...

Or maybe DJI decides to develop an Android version?

Unfortunately, it does not speak for quality if there is a reference to another software instead.
I would like to fly with the DJI remote control together with the DJI Googles V2, this is the only way to get a feeling for controlling the FPV drone!

Thank you for your understanding
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bully2001 Posted at 4-17 08:04
Hello Natalia,
the problem has been mentioned and posted several times on the DJI Forum page.
It's always the same problem

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team for further check. Please rest assured that our engineers are working hard on this issue. We hope you can wait for the update patiently. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-4-17
Use props
On The Wing UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840545 ft
United Kingdom

I’m getting the same problem
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

On The Wing UAV Posted at 4-19 10:41
I’m getting the same problem

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Our engineers have noticed this issue and we are working on this issue around the clock now, Please stay tuned to the official website for the latest news. We will release a new app version to optimize this issue. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-4-19
Use props
djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4
lvl.1
Germany

Yup having the same issue….originally wanted to practice for hours in the sim before flying manual for the first time, but since it didn’t work I kinda felt forced to practice in the real world….long story short my drone crashed and broke so I had to pay 200$ to get a replacement…can’t wait for it to be fixed tbh because this really takes away my enjoyment of the drone since now I obviously don’t wanna fly it again in manual before I get to practice….don’t want to spend more money on another drone if this one breaks.
Attached a picture of the fallen soldier…RIP little buddy

2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4 Posted at 4-24 01:04
Yup having the same issue….originally wanted to practice for hours in the sim before flying manual for the first time, but since it didn’t work I kinda felt forced to practice in the real world….long story short my drone crashed and broke so I had to pay 200$ to get a replacement…can’t wait for it to be fixed tbh because this really takes away my enjoyment of the drone since now I obviously don’t wanna fly it again in manual before I get to practice….don’t want to spend more money on another drone if this one breaks.
Attached a picture of the fallen soldier…RIP little buddy

Hi, there. Sorry for the crash. Could you tell me the OS of your mobile phone? Thanks.
2022-4-24
Use props
KrooningKillah
New

United States

I am having the SAME exact issue as shown in the photos above with the simulator only through my headset.  The iPhone screen is fine.    I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, software version 15.4.1
2022-4-24
Use props
KrooningKillah
New

United States

I am having the SAME exact issue as shown in the photos above with the simulator only through my headset.  The iPhone screen is fine.  

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, software version 15.4.1
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 01:41
Hi, there. Sorry for the crash. Could you tell me the OS of your mobile phone? Thanks.

Same as everyone else here so ios 15.4.1
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 01:41
So yeah….would love to see an update soon….cause that 200€ isn’t exactly something I can pay without a second thought. And like I said I never would’ve just flown it in manual before I could’ve had some hours in the simulator….
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4 Posted at 4-24 11:29
So yeah….would love to see an update soon….cause that 200€ isn’t exactly something I can pay without a second thought. And like I said I never would’ve just flown it in manual before I could’ve had some hours in the simulator….

Hi, there. We fully understand your feeling. We have urged engineers to fix this problem as soon as possible, will get back to you once I heard from them. You can temporarily try to use an ios device with a lower system version. Appreciate your patience.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 22:29
Hi, there. We fully understand your feeling. We have urged engineers to fix this problem as soon as possible, will get back to you once I heard from them. You can temporarily try to use an ios device with a lower system version. Appreciate your patience.

Would love to, if I had another iPhone with a lower system...will it work for android though? Cause I might be able to get an android device
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4 Posted at 4-24 23:16
Would love to, if I had another iPhone with a lower system...will it work for android though? Cause I might be able to get an android device

Hi, there. The Virtual Flight doesn't support Android devices currently. We will transfer your concern to the relevant team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-25
Use props
djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 04:20
Hi, there. The Virtual Flight doesn't support Android devices currently. We will transfer your concern to the relevant team. Thank you for your understanding and support.

But it can’t be, that the last update of the app was 7 months ago! Over half a year!!!! I mean…..it can’t be that hard to fix this issue with iOS
2022-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4 Posted at 4-25 10:35
But it can’t be, that the last update of the app was 7 months ago! Over half a year!!!! I mean…..it can’t be that hard to fix this issue with iOS

Sorry for your inconvenience. We fully understand your feeling. We have urged our engineers to make the update as soon as possible. Please keep tuned to our official website. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-25
Use props
djiuser_F0Vt5Nn21cCh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7667 ft
United States

Same exact problem I’m having, once googles disconnect the controller too, it almost seems as it’s glitchy and glitches out/ disconnects
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_F0Vt5Nn21cCh Posted at 4-26 22:02
Same exact problem I’m having, once googles disconnect the controller too, it almost seems as it’s glitchy and glitches out/ disconnects

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean after updating the iOS device to the v15.4 iOS system, when the DJI FPV Goggles V2 are used with DJI Virtual Flight for virtual flight, the camera view in the goggles may appear blurry or flicker and the goggles may restart automatically? It is preliminarily determined that this is caused by a compatibility issue after the iOS system is updated to v15.4. Currently, our engineers have identified the issue, which is not a hardware issue and does not affect the actual flight. We will issue a new version of DJI Virtual Flight to resolve this issue, hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2022-4-27
Use props
jaydenhalford.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 793104 ft
Australia

I have the exact same issue as previously mentioned.
Goggles go blurry, controller disconnects from goggles after about 20 seconds of use and then nothing.
An update needs to be released now!
Half of the reason I bought the fpv is because of the simulator options.
It’s only 2 weeks old and I haven’t even flown it yet because I can’t practice.
The last update on the virtual flight app was over 7 months ago and you guys are only realizing now that there’s an issue… lol
Release an update now.
2022-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jaydenhalford.gmail Posted at 4-27 22:40
Goggles go blurry, controller disconnects from goggles after about 20 seconds of use and then nothing.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. It is preliminarily determined that this is caused by a compatibility issue after the iOS system is updated to v15.4. Our team is working hard to solve this issue. It takes some time. You can also download a third-party simulator from a computer to connect to the remote controller for simulation. For example, DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF, or other simulators could be used. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-28
Use props
djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-28 01:10
We are sorry for the inconvenience. It is preliminarily determined that this is caused by a compatibility issue after the iOS system is updated to v15.4. Our team is working hard to solve this issue. It takes some time. You can also download a third-party simulator from a computer to connect to the remote controller for simulation. For example, DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF, or other simulators could be used. Thanks for your understanding.

Well if I were to use Liftoff I would have to pay 20€ for it...who is gonna reimburse me for that?
2022-4-28
Use props
aaronrivera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2989695 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

So disapointing dji… we pay so much for your product and this is acceptable to you? Hai..
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

aaronrivera Posted at 4-29 07:06
So disapointing dji… we pay so much for your product and this is acceptable to you? Hai..

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This compatibility issue has been resolved by our engineer, but it still takes a while to upload to the App Store. You could try to download this version of Virtual Flight as a temporary solution. We will send you the link via PM.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_u84XGRrN08p4 Posted at 4-28 04:29
Well if I were to use Liftoff I would have to pay 20€ for it...who is gonna reimburse me for that?

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This compatibility issue has been resolved by our engineer, but it still takes a while to upload to the App Store. You could try to download this version of Virtual Flight as a temporary solution. We will send you the link via PM.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jaydenhalford.gmail Posted at 4-27 22:40

2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_F0Vt5Nn21cCh Posted at 4-26 22:02
Same exact problem I’m having, once googles disconnect the controller too, it almost seems as it’s glitchy and glitches out/ disconnects

2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Same here. After ios update feed to goggles breaks into lines of distorted boxes and disconnects after a few seconds. Image on phone screen normal but indicates goggles disconnected Completely unusable.

2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans3e4f6a2b Posted at 4-4 21:26
Yep, exactly what I’m getting since last iOS update also. iPhone Xr. Glitchy, semi-scrambled goggle view, then goggles shut off and reboot after around 30 seconds or so. Tried different, brand new cord, battery. No change. Goggles still work perfectly fine when flying actual drone. Problem only on DJI Flight app.

2022-4-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules