2178 10 2022-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HY04hiLMUkD3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I mistaken or confused? Does the "PRO" controller not have maps or the ability to download them?

2022-4-2
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

It uses online maps just like the regular controller. I believe it can store maps to some extent for offline use - I've seen maps working in the small screen bottom left even when I've forgotten to tether it to my phone.
2022-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. DJI FLY does not support the offline cache map feature. But the app will cache the map after loading the map in a network state.
2022-4-2
Use props
HY04hiLMUkD3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 23:18
Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. DJI FLY does not support the offline cache map feature. But the app will cache the map after loading the map in a network state.

ok great. Thanks!
Will you please include how to do this?
2022-4-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HY04hiLMUkD3 Posted at 4-3 03:06
ok great. Thanks!

It sounds to me that when you're at home, on the Wi-Fi network, you should bring up the map and scroll to where you want to be to fly...
I prefer to use the hotspot on my phone though, that is always online.  
It's best to set this up at home and let RC Pro know which WiFi network your mobile phone uses as a hotspot...
For me, that's the best solution, because then I can always  get an up-to-date map on the go...
2022-4-3
Use props
HY04hiLMUkD3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-3 07:40
It sounds to me that when you're at home, on the Wi-Fi network, you should bring up the map and scroll to where you want to be to fly...
I prefer to use the hotspot on my phone though, that is always online.  
It's best to set this up at home and let RC Pro know which WiFi network your mobile phone uses as a hotspot...

thanks bud!
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

HY04hiLMUkD3 Posted at 4-3 03:06
ok great. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. You are advised to refer to the reply on 5#. Hope this would be helpful.
2022-4-3
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 4-3 07:40
It sounds to me that when you're at home, on the Wi-Fi network, you should bring up the map and scroll to where you want to be to fly...
I prefer to use the hotspot on my phone though, that is always online.  

Yes, hot spot is what I use. Much easier
2022-4-13
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

ReproRetro Posted at 4-13 02:32
Yes, hot spot is what I use. Much easier

How do I set up my hot spot on my Iphone 13 pro max and RCP …..My carrier is ATT ……Thank you
2022-5-5
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

MHM Posted at 5-5 20:48
How do I set up my hot spot on my Iphone 13 pro max and RCP …..My carrier is ATT ……Thank you

On your iphone - Use the Settings app, and look for the Personal Hotspot settings in the top group. If you haven't used it yet, it may need setting up. Once it's turned on, connect your RC Pro to it - swipe down twice, and click the settings icon top right.
2022-5-7
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Thank you Sdock…….I am set up now
2022-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules