Change Time or Timezone
5986 30 2022-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

Anyone know how to change either the Time or Timezone on the FPV? For some reason, I can't find it and the Time or Timezone are off. Thanks for the help.

Rob
2022-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Is there anything abnormal with the time of your drone? You are advised to connect the goggles to DJI Assistant 2, and the system time will be updated automatically.
2022-4-2
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 23:06
Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Is there anything abnormal with the time of your drone? You are advised to connect the device to DJI Assistant 2, and the system time will be updated automatically.

Which device needs to be connected to the program for the time to be corrected? The drone or the goggles?

Thanks,
Rob
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RH009 Posted at 4-3 04:16
Which device needs to be connected to the program for the time to be corrected? The drone or the goggles?

Thanks,

Sorry for the confusion. Please try to connect your goggles to DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works.
2022-4-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

I connected both the goggles and drone (at separate times) and left them each plugged in for 10ish minutes. Flew the drone tonight and the time is still off. My guess is that it's a timezone issue, because the minutes seem correct, but not the hour. There's no way to change the date/time/timezone in the goggles, the DJI Fly app, or the assistant 2 software. Seems like a major oversight, especially if the logs are needed.

Rob
2022-4-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 18:49
Sorry for the confusion. Please try to connect your goggles to DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works.

I had a flight last night (4/3/2022) at 7:39pm. After syncing the data in the DJI Fly App, it shows the flight at 9:39am and when syncing the DJI data to Airdata UAV, it shows the same. This flight was after I had plugged in both the drone and goggles to the PC and connected them both to the DJI Assistant 2 program, for ~10 minutes each. The time did not get corrected. Screenshots from the DJI Fly App and Airdata UAV are below. Any other thoughts on how to correct the time or Timezone?

Thanks,
Rob
20220404_095909.jpg
Screenshot_20220404-095844_Airdata UAV.jpg
2022-4-4
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

I have open a ticket with DJI Support and it's been almost 2 weeks and still they can't figure it out.  All my flight time has the wrong time but right dates.
2022-4-4
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

mbze430 Posted at 4-4 19:16
I have open a ticket with DJI Support and it's been almost 2 weeks and still they can't figure it out.  All my flight time has the wrong time but right dates.

Sounds about right. I read something that connecting it to an ios device may correct the time, so I did that last night and synced everything, but haven't had a chance to fly yet. I should have time this evening to take off and land, just to see if the time was corrected. Do you use an ios device or android to sync flights?

Rob
2022-4-5
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

I have Android personally but I can get ahold of IOS device if needed...

However even if that works... DJI need to fix the Android app
2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RH009 Posted at 4-4 07:05
I had a flight last night (4/3/2022) at 7:39pm. After syncing the data in the DJI Fly App, it shows the flight at 9:39am and when syncing the DJI data to Airdata UAV, it shows the same. This flight was after I had plugged in both the drone and goggles to the PC and connected them both to the DJI Assistant 2 program, for ~10 minutes each. The time did not get corrected. Screenshots from the DJI Fly App and Airdata UAV are below. Any other thoughts on how to correct the time or Timezone?

Thanks,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Just for further confirmation, does your device connect to the network, or does the network work well during your flight? Besides, please make sure the signal of the drone works well during your flight.
2022-4-5
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-5 23:33
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Just for further confirmation, does your device connect to the network, or does the network work well during your flight? Besides, please make sure the signal of the drone works well during your flight.

Yes, the network works well. I've had the goggles connected to devices both on my WiFi and cell network, and time has always been incorrect. I have ~ 40 flights in with the FPV and no connection issues and flights are fine. On the flight I screenshot above, the goggles were connected to my android tablet for 5 flights (so my daughter's could watch) and the tablet had a solid internet connection, yet the time is still incorrect. As I stated above, I turned all 3 devices on and connected the goggles to an ios device, rather than android, and synced everything. I couldn't test it last night, but hope to have a test flight tonight. I'll post back once I have that test flight, to see if the time was corrected and let you know.

Rob
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RH009 Posted at 4-6 04:11
Yes, the network works well. I've had the goggles connected to devices both on my WiFi and cell network, and time has always been incorrect. I have ~ 40 flights in with the FPV and no connection issues and flights are fine. On the flight I screenshot above, the goggles were connected to my android tablet for 5 flights (so my daughter's could watch) and the tablet had a solid internet connection, yet the time is still incorrect. As I stated above, I turned all 3 devices on and connected the goggles to an ios device, rather than android, and synced everything. I couldn't test it last night, but hope to have a test flight tonight. I'll post back once I have that test flight, to see if the time was corrected and let you know.

Rob

Okay, we are looking forward to your update. Besides, we have forwarded it to our engineer. If there is any feedback, we will keep you updated.
2022-4-6
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 18:49

I have connected my drone and my goggles with Assistant 2 and nothing changed.
2022-4-6
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

This is the reply I got from DJI Support... completely useless.

The fact that the log i use get send out to Airdata and those time are completely off too... so it does essentially affect something.

2022-4-6
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

you all know what that means......when it comes to DJI fixing things......
2022-4-6
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

mbze430 Posted at 4-6 07:28
[view_image]

Fantastic.
2022-4-6
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

For some reason, the rest of my comment didn't load. A fix on the next firmware update.... I kind of think they're done with this FPV and there won't be another FW update, but we shall see. I don't understand how there are so many things missing.... Ability to change time/timezone, max altitude and RTH being set in increments and with imperial units, no in flight data options when connected to a device, and more. Don't get me wrong, I love the device and it's a ton of fun, but it seems some of the basics were left out in a rush.

Rob

Rob
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mbze430 Posted at 4-6 07:28
[view_image]

Greatly sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have located the specific problems which are caused by the time difference, We have been working on it and it is expected to be optimized in the next version. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-4-6
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-6 20:11
Greatly sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers have located the specific problems which are caused by the time difference, We have been working on it and it is expected to be optimized in the next version. Thanks for your understanding and support.

"...caused by jet lag"

That's hysterical
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mbze430 Posted at 4-6 20:17
"...caused by jet lag"

That's hysterical

Sorry for any confusion. Our engineers are working on optimizing it. Please keep tuned. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-6
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-6 04:36
Okay, we are looking forward to your update. Besides, we have forwarded it to our engineer. If there is any feedback, we will keep you updated.

Flew the FPV for roughly 8 minutes tonight and had it connected to the IOS device the entire time. The timezone did not sync. The weird thing I noticed is that the time is correct under the aircraft logs, but incorrect on the logs uploaded to the DJI servers. As I looked back on previous flights, it's the same (correct on the connected logs but incorrect on the DJI servers).

Can we please get an ETA on a resolution to this.

Thanks,
Rob
20220411_201721.jpg
20220411_202143.jpg
2022-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RH009 Posted at 4-11 17:27
Flew the FPV for roughly 8 minutes tonight and had it connected to the IOS device the entire time. The timezone did not sync. The weird thing I noticed is that the time is correct under the aircraft logs, but incorrect on the logs uploaded to the DJI servers. As I looked back on previous flights, it's the same (correct on the connected logs but incorrect on the DJI servers).

Can we please get an ETA on a resolution to this.

Thanks for your update. Our engineers are working on optimizing it. Please keep tuned. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-11
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

Since there is a new version of DJI Fly app, has anyone checked if they fixed the time issue?  I haven't downloaded the new app because my goggles are still running the old firmware
2022-5-18
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

Hmmm, no I haven't connected it since downloading the new version a couple days ago. I'll give it a go this evening. Haven't seen any reports of a new FW update for the FPV though, so didn't think about plugging it in.
2022-5-19
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

No updates. Current Goggle version remains V01.02.0020
2022-5-19
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

I thought the time issue was an App related issue.  Because my Goggles firmware is on DIY 606 and when I use it with my DJI FPV all the time is still China's time.
2022-5-19
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

I hooked up the goggles with everything turned on and connected and ran the updates through the newest version of DJI FLY (everything on the UAS already had the latest versions).  I left everything turned on and the goggles plugged in for about 10 minutes. I am about to cook dinner, but I'll launch the drone this evening, just to see if the time got corrected.  I'm not very hopeful, but we'll see.
2022-5-19
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

I take it the time problem is still isn't fixed................................................
2022-5-24
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

mbze430 Posted at 5-24 06:35
I take it the time problem is still isn't fixed................................................

Apologies, I forgot to reply. Unfortunately, no the issue hasn't been resolved with the latest DJI FLY update. I even flew all 5 of my batteries at a hover (charged them a couple days ago and not able to fly, so drained them to storage level), with the goggles connected to 2 different devices running DJI FLY and the times were still off, after those flights. It has to be a FW issue. The times on the DJI FLY app for the flights are correct, it's just the data being recorded to the drone and goggles are incorrect.
2022-5-24
Use props
Shafnitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5330728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also dealing with this issue. Would be nice if DJI ever tried to fix problems with their products.
2022-7-15
Use props
fans7c8572d6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mbze430 Posted at 2022-4-5 18:04
I have Android personally but I can get ahold of IOS device if needed...

However even if that works... DJI need to fix the Android app

There is a fundamental need to be able to set a time zone of the user's choice. For things like aerial archaeology or any documenting work, GMT (UTC) is the global time standard so that there is no uncertainty about time in future.

Sadly, there is a 'techno-cultural' clash with DJI, who prefer to impose things on users, rather than give them a choice. This is now expanding into flights above 120m, which is being interpreted with reference to the starting point; the presence of high ground is not allowed for.
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules