DJI Fly app for Samsung Galaxy S22
50151 108 2022-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64334 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, my S22 was working with 1.5.1 version then I come to use it today after not using it for a few weeks and the app won't even open and I've cleared the cache etc. It ended up downloading the newest version but still black screen. Not happy.

Can someone send me the Beta version so I can get my drone going again as I want to take it on holiday next week
2022-9-24
Use props
Schiksie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dear DJI.....this is insane How can it be that after months of complains Dji is just ignoring all Android 12 users....??

Why doesn't DJI just add an older version that did work before and that can be reinstalled? For your information I am gonna raise an official complaint here in the Netherlands since your compatibality list was suddenly changed after finding out people with Android 12 got in trouble with no camera feed.

I have never seen a big company go so quiet.....like i said....insane and very sad

If you can't fix it I would suggest you give all users with this problem 24,99,- Euro's so we can all start using Litchi. Everybody happy and we can start flying again!
2022-9-25
Use props
Berindo
lvl.1

Italy

If you don't have mean to arrange problem with android 12 user, you should think to refund all the user can't use their drone anymore
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_B9SPwr0oRC1I
lvl.2

Italy

It's unaceptable that dji is not able to resolve this issue. A lot of people with s22 and s22 ultra can't use their own drone mavic mini and mini se anymore.

Please dji to speed up the resolution of the issue
2022-10-1
Use props
Martys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48645 ft
Czechia

still no fix? I can't enjoy my expensive drone!
2022-10-1
Use props
Mark999Boy
New

United Kingdom

Debug your S22, it’s a hidden menu
2022-10-3
Use props
Mark999Boy
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_8KJT0ANDwJgB Posted at 6-24 15:38
I am having the same issue with my ultra

Debug your Ultra, should work. It’s a hidden menu
2022-10-3
Use props
djiuser_B9SPwr0oRC1I
lvl.2

Italy

Mark999Boy Posted at 10-3 07:27
Debug your S22, it’s a hidden menu

Hi, I've enabled debug mode on my s22 ultra, but I have the same issue. Are there some options to enable in the hidden menu?
2022-10-5
Use props
djiuser_wyYDkWgMqlO6
New

Poland

DJI you guys are quite a joke. Flagship phone released a while ago, and you still have no answers. One vacation video ruined thanks to that, how many more?
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_fGqEi2YfVPcu
New

United States

Re-typed this 3 times now. The hoops that DJI requires one to jump through just to offer advice to others.

Received a "DJI Day" email this AM. No more money for you DJI until you fix your existing products!

5 months into a year long trip around the country and I have ZERO aerial footage thanks to DJI.

The lack of support for the S22 is mind boggling, and shameful.
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_GbZMDw8Z4eqr
New

United Kingdom

When will DJI address the issue with the app when connected to an samsung S22 it's been a long time now this isn’t a new phone or a small niche phone. This issue where you can not see camera live was reported almost at s22 launch and still no update from dji will you refund me for the cost of my drone if you can't rectify this soon as tge dji mini is an expensive paper weight.
2022-10-10
Use props
HillsumJr
lvl.1

Norway

Well. All DJI wants us to do is by the latest and gratest. (like Apple) So, by the DJI mini 3 with the smart controller, the one with screen.

Or go to different brand... Over 6 months No fix... Thats not good DJI....
2022-10-15
Use props
rune
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34911 ft
Norway

Latest version (1.7.5) now has Video Stream on my Samsung S22.
DJI MINI, - Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0600

That I have to do for every start of application,
In App: Choose Settings-> Transmission--> Change to Channel Mode Manual--> Change channel Mode back to Auto so that I receive the message: "Switching cannels will automatically restart W-FI.  Choose OK. --> Drone restarts the connection and starts the video stream ....
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_9fVEkfUyPfHa
New

Poland

rune@3dheli.no Posted at 10-16 13:06
Latest version (1.7.5) now has Video Stream on my Samsung S22.
DJI MINI, - Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0600

Hello I have the same issue with dji mini se and Samsung galaxy s22. Strange thing is that video works on other flying, app so external company did better work than dji!
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_GbZMDw8Z4eqr
New

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 6-5 22:46
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We are currently working urgently to fix the issue. There are many tests that need to be performed. We will finish it ASAP. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Are you actually actively working on this as i have had the S22 for over 6 months and cannot fly my drone because of poir app support from DJI the camera does not show any live footage
2022-10-20
Use props
MartinsPL
lvl.1

Poland

!!!FINALLY!!!
Today version 1.7.8 was released and out of nowhere dji fly app works perfectly with S22 and Mavic MINI
2022-10-26
Use props
Dedooie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568 ft
Netherlands

Android 13 and 1.8.0 Works
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_qBtCMCnaHSKd
New

United States

same issue here
2022-11-18
Use props
jLav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2693228 ft
United States

MartinsPL Posted at 10-26 05:43
!!!FINALLY!!!
Today version 1.7.8 was released and out of nowhere dji fly app works perfectly with S22 and Mavic MINI

WHAT!?!?!?!?!  Oh Snap!!!!!  
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_ZLBWYMPcz53C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1220614 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 6-5 22:21
Hi, Jason. Thanks for your update. Please note that your device is not on the compatibility list does not mean that it will not work. Besides, may we know what error you encountered after clicking the link we provided? Since we can open the link correctly, if it's possible, please tell us more details. Here is another link for your reference: https://www.dji.com/uk/dji-fpv/downloads You are advised to install the DJI App via the link.

Gibts ein Update, das die dji virtual flight app auch auf  
Das samsung galaxy s22 ultra funktioniert ?
Habe es insterliert und bekomme es auch gestartet ... nur verbintet sich das handy nicht mit der googles 2..

Mit dem handy meiner frau (auch samsung , etwas älter) und meiner tochter (i phone) ihrs hab ich es hinbekommen. Nur mit mein s 22 gehts nicht.
2022-12-11
Use props
Pregonath1
lvl.1

Argentina

good morning, can someone confirm if the dji fly already works with the s22 ultra? Thank you
2022-12-24
Use props
Chelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12169 ft
Brazil

Acabei de adquirir um mini 3 pro e um s22 ultra fé upgrade. Tenho um trabalho em outra cidade final de semana e vou ter que cancelar pois não consigo usar o APP pois a tela fica preta, imagens aparecem na galería... já faz 1 ano de reclamação aquí... DJI ferrou os usuarios de s22ultra. Aguardo solução ou ficará assim mais 1 ano DJI?
2023-1-6
Use props
Chelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12169 ft
Brazil

Pregonath1 Posted at 2022-12-24 09:25
good morning, can someone confirm if the dji fly already works with the s22 ultra? Thank you

Não  funciona!
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_j3hi5F97McFn
New

Sweden

djiuser_XiIbKIgQGGh0 Posted at 2022-8-10 12:55
I have the solution.

Hello. What was your solution?
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_CkjUanpJVv4C
New

United Kingdom

Good news here for me!! I've had an entire year of no flight due to my S22 Ultra not being compatible with my Mavic Mini.

I've received my S23 Ultra and tonight successfully connected - with flight. No black screens!

S23 ULTRA 1TB (UK) on Android 13, One UI 5.1 on DJI 1.9.4
2023-2-13
Use props
chr2k
New
Flight distance : 3753 ft
Germany

Hello,

I own a Mavic 2 pro. I installed the newest version of the link provided above. I own a S22 (normal verison) as well. I can install and start the app. When i connect my Flight Controller via USB with my S22 hte mavic 2 gets recognized and the app asks me to connect this drone. i choose yes. After this the fullscreen Message appears "Device not supported".

What can i do?
2023-6-8
Use props
jLav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2693228 ft
United States

chr2k Posted at 6-8 03:30
Hello,

I own a Mavic 2 pro. I installed the newest version of the link provided above. I own a S22 (normal verison) as well. I can install and start the app. When i connect my Flight Controller via USB with my S22 hte mavic 2 gets recognized and the app asks me to connect this drone. i choose yes. After this the fullscreen Message appears "Device not supported".

Maybe you need to update the firmware on the drone itself using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) app/program on your computer.  Here is a link for that:  https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

Good Luck & Share your YouTube!
2023-6-8
Use props
chr2k
New
Flight distance : 3753 ft
Germany

RE: DJI Fly app for Samsung Galaxy S22

jLav Posted at 6-8 04:22
Maybe you need to update the firmware on the drone itself using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) app/program on your computer.  Here is a link for that:  https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Good Luck & Share your YouTube!

Hi jLav,

fortunately i am able to use my Drone with an old Galaxy S7. There i needed to upgrade the Firmware. So the Drone should be up to date.
Because of the old device (i.e. old Android Verison) and the bad Backlight for Outdoor and superb weather Flying i would appreciate if my S22 would work.

In the End unfortunately DJI wrote in the compability list that no S22 are comaptible with the newest App Version. That is sad. Because the Drone was more expensive then other Drone which are working with the App.
2023-6-9
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United Kingdom

I know this is an old post that I've contributed to when I was a lot younger and yet, it's 16 August 2023 and DJI still does not want to provide their customers with an Android app that works on ALL Android phones. Surprisingly, I just downloaded and purchased an Android app from the Google Play Store that works flawlessly with my cheap Samsung A22.   The app was apparently just published this month, August 2023.

So that begs the question... if some DJI-clone company can provide Android users with a brilliant working app, why won't DJI?

The app is being marketed using the DJI logo, DJI TECHNOLOGY CO,LTD, etc., and I included a link showing the legitimate-looking app.  The app has over 5,000 downloads but in my excitement, I overlooked the 2.2 stars.  But still, this paid-app rocks!

The app included a free trial period so I thought, FINALLY, DJI created an app for us Android users but they want to charge us £37 to buy it. No dealbreaker for me, so I downloaded the app and to my amazement, this "DJI" app worked flawlessly with my Samsung A22 Android. It provides an easy install, fast pairing with my Samsung A22, a super crisp and bright display, and no drop outs during flight. Just simply amazing!  It worked so well that I opted to pay the £37 for the app to unlock all features for lifetime use.

But after using it throughout the day, I got home and only then did I realize that the app did not have the option to pair and log my flight time with my DJI account.  I assumed that I must be missing something so when I clicked on the support button, that took me to Gmail account.  Bummer!

But don't get me wrong... I still highly recommend this app as other than logging flight time, the app works flawlessly!

If you have no need to log your flight hours, and you have been struggling to find a DJI Android app that works with your Android phone like me, then buy this app.  But as a certified remote pilot who needs to log their flight time, sadly, this app becomes useless for business use.

As a footnote, I emailed the company/person and suggested they partner with DJI or at least, sell their design to DJI as DJI and its longstanding Android customer base could certainly use an Android app like this!

I attached some screenshots of the app before, during, and after install so you can see how legit the app appears. But unless I'm wrong, DJI does not use Gmail email accounts so that was the tip off.

Anyway, thought I would share.
https://app.screencast.com/xEp4KMHWRHmiN

2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules