NEW DJI Mini 3 Pro Leaks! Explorer Edition?
123Next >
4194 90 2022-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NEW DJI Mini 3 Pro Leaks! Explorer Edition?

2022-4-3
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

All that videos popping up base on that one single video hallmark007 posted yesterday.
Thus it's just speculation and guesswork.
But still interesting.

Personally, I don't buy it, yet. Too many strange things possibly causing physical issues. But you never know ...

2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products releases, specifications and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing DA.  

Video peeks my interest in the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-3 03:18
Thanks for sharing DA.  

Video peeks my interest in the Mini 3 Pro.

No probs DT.    Im thinking this Mini3 is going to be expensive.
2022-4-4
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Especially if it includes the New? remote controller?
2022-4-4
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

To be fair, I don't like the design presented in this video, and I don't think it will be the final one. Too many strange decisions, for example the placement and size of the sensors, the square looking camera, the gimbal wires, among other things.
DJI knows how to do good-looking drones, this one will be no different! Hope they will change a bit of the aesthetics. But feature-wise, it's going to be cool, but as most probably think, it's going to be expensive.
2022-4-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 4-4 02:38
To be fair, I don't like the design presented in this video, and I don't think it will be the final one. Too many strange decisions, for example the placement and size of the sensors, the square looking camera, the gimbal wires, among other things.
DJI knows how to do good-looking drones, this one will be no different! Hope they will change a bit of the aesthetics. But feature-wise, it's going to be cool, but as most probably think, it's going to be expensive.

Designs that make it to this stage are pretty much cast in stone.  I suspect the final release will be substantially the same as the leak shows.  The weight limit is the highest priority - so to provide any of the new features, aesthetic compromises will be made.

And yes, it will likely be very expensive.  The recent Mini SE is the new low budget offerring for "hobby flyers"...  Expect the Mini 3 to be targeted towards "prosumers" who use drones for commercial purposes (YouTube included) and priced $1,000+ ($1,500+ if the new leaked controller is required).  And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a "standard version" Mini 3 that is cheaper, because that is what the SE is for.

Also, I bet DJI is gambling on brand name recognition, and the new Mini 3 will be more expensive than the Nano+.

Edit - I am also surprised that given the rabid discussion of Remote ID, nobody seems to talk about this as related to the Mini 3...  I guess people are just assuming that all new drones will meet these requirements?
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TomKatt Posted at 4-4 03:11
Designs that make it to this stage are pretty much cast in stone.  I suspect the final release will be substantially the same as the leak shows.  The weight limit is the highest priority - so to provide any of the new features, aesthetic compromises will be made.

And yes, it will likely be very expensive.  The recent Mini SE is the new low budget offerring for "hobby flyers"...  Expect the Mini 3 to be targeted towards "prosumers" who use drones for commercial purposes (YouTube included) and priced $1,000+ ($1,500+ if the new leaked controller is required).  And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a "standard version" Mini 3 that is cheaper, because that is what the SE is for.

They have always set their base price below anything autel offered. No reason they wouldn’t do the same here. Brand recognition is one thing, but price competitive is very attractive. I think it will be cheaper than autel.
2022-4-4
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 03:50
They have always set their base price below anything autel offered. No reason they wouldn’t do the same here. Brand recognition is one thing, but price competitive is very attractive. I think it will be cheaper than autel.

Same, I think it will be cheaper than the Autel Nano Plus and maybe even cheaper than the Air 2 (makes sense).
I think the price will be around $700 for standard edition and $850 for fly more combo. They might also offer a more premium version with new controller for $1000. That's my guess.
2022-4-4
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Another garbage YouTube click bait post. If one wants to read this stuff why not let people do it themselves. Speculative Garbage anyway!!! What is your royalty for this newest garbage post?
2022-4-4
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

My German link to Mini3 Prof. is 100% real, has nothing to do with @hallmark007 post !!

Of course I will NEVER buy a DJI product again, as a pensioner I play with
my Mini2 until it breaks or disappears and then it's over.
2022-4-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I fear even £700 (uk eqiv) will be out of my budget and will have to wait till amazon has it on offer, im in no rush but i will stick with the best company...
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TP-FPV Posted at 4-4 05:29
Another garbage YouTube click bait post. If one wants to read this stuff why not let people do it themselves. Speculative Garbage anyway!!! What is your royalty for this newest garbage post?

You know when there’s a big match coming up and opposing fans discuss what could happen on Saturday match day, you must be the guy who tells them they cannot discuss the game until its over.

Miserable:;;;

“Never become an adult! They're stressed-out, miserable creatures.”
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yaros1 Posted at 4-4 04:09
Same, I think it will be cheaper than the Autel Nano Plus and maybe even cheaper than the Air 2 (makes sense).
I think the price will be around $700 for standard edition and $850 for fly more combo. They might also offer a more premium version with new controller for $1000. That's my guess.

I think that’s pretty close to what I’m thinking. I sold 2 of my Minis but now realize they were so easy to travel with so hoping Mini 3 has that bit more to encourage me to buy.
2022-4-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 01:37
No probs DT.    Im thinking this Mini3 is going to be expensive.

I've got the same feeling DA.  I figured with a better camera and OA the price would go up but I hope it will not be exorbitantly. Considering the price of chips have gone up considerably along with other electronic components I bet it will rival the Autel Evo Nano + in pirce.
2022-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-4 06:40
I fear even £700 (uk eqiv) will be out of my budget and will have to wait till amazon has it on offer, im in no rush but i will stick with the best company...

I was expecting near double that looking at the new controller.
2022-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 11:59
I've got the same feeling DA.  I figured with a better camera and OA the price would go up but I hope it will not be exorbitantly. Considering the price of chips have gone up considerably along with other electronic components I bet it will rival the Autel Evo Nano + in pirce.

Is that controller that makes me think it will be a big jump.   Although will that controller also support other drones?
2022-4-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 23:51
Is that controller that makes me think it will be a big jump.   Although will that controller also support other drones?

Great question about the controller.  I'm just hoping that DJI makes the RC Pro controller compatible with all future drones released.  Doubt they will make it backwards compatible with the likes of Mini 2 or Air 2.
2022-4-5
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-5 02:40
Great question about the controller.  I'm just hoping that DJI makes the RC Pro controller compatible with all future drones released.  Doubt they will make it backwards compatible with the likes of Mini 2 or Air 2.

I wonder if the new controller has anything to do with Remote ID requirements?

Despite all the ruckus a few months back, nobody seems to mention this anymore in relation to new products...
2022-4-5
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

15 April? I am ready
2022-4-5
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Never mentioned or did not know about the right side of the camera mount that is broke off and missing.
The proof being in the photo of the right arm with the rubber grommet stuck inside it.
2022-4-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed it but I put it down to manufacturing as the demos are the one of the 1st to be built to get them to the content creators and the like, unless this was pre shipment and was being tested on-site and the sensors failed to pick up sommat, whos to know except for the person who filmed it.
2022-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-5 02:40

I meant the mini3 controller.   seems to be like a replacement smart controller.  
2022-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

#1hobby Posted at 4-5 16:19
Never mentioned or did not know about the right side of the camera mount that is broke off and missing.
The proof being in the photo of the right arm with the rubber grommet stuck inside it.

I thought that was just water sealing as its not symmetrical.
2022-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-5 02:52
I wonder if the new controller has anything to do with Remote ID requirements?

Despite all the ruckus a few months back, nobody seems to mention this anymore in relation to new products...

The remote id requirements have yet to be fully ratified and will probably require the drone to broadcast not the controller.
2022-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 22:31
I meant the mini3 controller.   seems to be like a replacement smart controller.

Ahh, could well be.
2022-4-6
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 22:32
The remote id requirements have yet to be fully ratified and will probably require the drone to broadcast not the controller.

Yes, but the drone still needs to know the controllers position, which could be a new hardware requirement.

As for ratifying RID tech requirements - seeing how RID is required for products sold in about 5 months, if they haven't figured it out yet then they're probably going to have trouble having product for sale...  Think of the time necessary to engineer, order and manufacture...

RID3.png
2022-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-6 04:30
Yes, but the drone still needs to know the controllers position, which could be a new hardware requirement.

As for ratifying RID tech requirements - seeing how RID is required for products sold in about 5 months, if they haven't figured it out yet then they're probably going to have trouble having product for sale...  Think of the time necessary to engineer, order and manufacture...

Yes,  the US government agency has been really slacking on it.   But in the EU new rules started at the end of last year and they are still not complying with those either,  at least with remote id it should be just a software update.  But I suspect most companies will be late to the party.
2022-4-6
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 04:36
Yes,  the US government agency has been really slacking on it.   But in the EU new rules started at the end of last year and they are still not complying with those either,  at least with remote id it should be just a software update.  But I suspect most companies will be late to the party.

I'm hopeful it's as easy as a software update...  But look at all the various communication protocols used by different companies, and then hope that whatever the standard is ratified to be that your drone has the appropriate radio chips...  And that they are capable of working as originally engineered PLUS potentially another radio stream to boot...
2022-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-6 04:40
I'm hopeful it's as easy as a software update...  But look at all the various communication protocols used by different companies, and then hope that whatever the standard is ratified to be that your drone has the appropriate radio chips...  And that they are capable of working as originally engineered PLUS potentially another radio stream to boot...

All the DJI products use SDR (software defined radio) so they have the scope to do it as long as there is some cycles in the CPU.  But really the question is what happens if they dont,   is their problem or the people that fly the product.
2022-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully they will tell us what it will support.
2022-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 23:52
Hopefully they will tell us what it will support.

In time I'm sure we will find out.  Hopefully before the end of the month.  
2022-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 03:30
In time I'm sure we will find out.  Hopefully before the end of the month.

I see the launch day rumour is the 15th but I bet we wont know for a while after that.
2022-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-7 23:30
I see the launch day rumour is the 15th but I bet we wont know for a while after that.

We need to start a poll for the release date.  
2022-4-8
Use props
Mavic Merrick
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6558399 ft
United States

I would not say there will be an “explorer edition” if it is based on the German case company that already has a hard case liststed for the DJI Mini 3 explorer edition because they also make a case for DJI Mini 1/2 explorer edition cases too… and there is no such thing as DJI Mini 1/2 explorer edition so I think it is talking about the case itself not the drone it is carrying.
2022-4-8
Use props
Mavic Merrick
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6558399 ft
United States

New rumor has it that DJI has new product training starting on April 20th with expected release of April 27-28th.
2022-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 05:42
We need to start a poll for the release date.

good plan.   I'll let you do that one.

PS this is the real DAFlys and not the account that is _Daflys thats imitating me,  and has been reported in the forum issues section.
2022-4-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic Merrick Posted at 4-8 15:07
New rumor has it that DJI has new product training starting on April 20th with expected release of April 27-28th.

I wonder what happened to the 15th April rumour.

PS this is the real DAFlys and not the account that is _Daflys thats imitating me,  and has been reported in the forum issues section.
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Someone mentioned the 28th of April.
2022-4-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced