Canada

2022-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.  Litchi is a great buy for more functions.

However, I also prefer using my Skydio 2+  for this type of tracking.  
2022-4-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems to do a reasonable job
2022-4-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, I'm going to have to try this some day.  I haven't used Litchi since the Mavic2 SDK came out.  Seems to work pretty well.  
2022-4-3
Use props
fansfb6a7f1f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10710965 ft
Canada

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-3 09:22
Is that follow the remote tracking or AI tracking?

Follow the controller
2022-4-3
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

I'm hoping to see Litchi smooth out the movements.  There are a couple clips there that are smooth and usable, but overall is herky jerky.
2022-4-3
Use props
fansfb6a7f1f
lvl.3
Canada

hunterws Posted at 4-3 14:41
I'm hoping to see Litchi smooth out the movements.  There are a couple clips there that are smooth and usable, but overall is herky jerky.

You are correct. I could have removed all the jerky section but I want to have the left the entire 8 minutes so people know the capability and short coming. I am sure with some careful planning and editing can produce much better result
2022-4-3
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

hunterws Posted at 4-3 14:41

Also my idea.
I guess it's a combination of different factors contributing to the jerkyness, one of them being lag.
2022-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2022-4-4
Use props
fansfb6a7f1f
lvl.3
Canada

Landey Posted at 4-4 00:43
Also my idea.
I guess it's a combination of different factors contributing to the jerkyness, one of them being lag.

It is the speed and sharp turn that caused the jerkiness, at least it is my experience. Riding at about 10km/h and do not make sharp turn will definitely looks a lot better. You can speed it up a bit using editing software afterwards.

I purposely made a lot of sudden turn and ride faster than the drone can follow just to see what happen.
2022-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing this wonderful aerial video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party applications might affect the DJI drone when in use. Since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the DJI product. Thank you.
2022-4-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

fansfb6a7f1f Posted at 4-4 04:52
It is the speed and sharp turn that caused the jerkiness, at least it is my experience. Riding at about 10km/h and do not make sharp turn will definitely looks a lot better. You can speed it up a bit using editing software afterwards.

I purposely made a lot of sudden turn and ride faster than the drone can follow just to see what happen.

I wonder if they offered some kind of adjustable transitional ramp curves for different uses...  perhaps faster transitions for fast moving targets and slower ramps for more gradual movements when the target isn't swerving so much...

Better than nothing if you really want to capture yourself and can't control at the same time...
2022-4-5
Use props
fansfb6a7f1f
lvl.3
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 4-5 04:51
I wonder if they offered some kind of adjustable transitional ramp curves for different uses...  perhaps faster transitions for fast moving targets and slower ramps for more gradual movements when the target isn't swerving so much...

Better than nothing if you really want to capture yourself and can't control at the same time...

Better than nothing is exactly it.

Just did a bit of editing and stabilization.

2022-4-7
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Finland

fansfb6a7f1f Posted at 4-3 16:04
You are correct. I could have removed all the jerky section but I want to have the left the entire 8 minutes so people know the capability and short coming. I am sure with some careful planning and editing can produce much better result

For me it look's like a drone is having issues to get correct GPS position of the phone / update rate slow?  Direction changes and the gimbal angle has a hard time to follow. What kind of phone are you using?

I have also adjusted the yaw speed down, smoothness up and the gimbal speed and smoothess in dji fly app for normal mode, don't know if it makes a difference but I think I have a bit more stabile flight paths on mine.
2022-4-7
Use props
fansfb6a7f1f
lvl.3
Canada

ScoutC03 Posted at 4-7 21:36
For me it look's like a drone is having issues to get correct GPS position of the phone / update rate slow?  Direction changes and the gimbal angle has a hard time to follow. What kind of phone are you using?

I have also adjusted the yaw speed down, smoothness up and the gimbal speed and smoothess in dji fly app for normal mode, don't know if it makes a difference but I think I have a bit more stabile flight paths on mine.

I used a old phone Samsung S7.  Agree, more powerful phone should works better
2022-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules