599 10 2022-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I took my houseboat out, and after I settled down (floating, no anchor), I did some M3 photography.  One thing I found with the "circle quickshot" was that it had an interesting behavior, whereby after doing a portion of the circle, it acted as if it was diving towards and on the target (my houseboat).  I aborted the action before I allowed it to conclude, so I don't know what would have happened had I let the autonomous flight play out.  I tried this a second time and it duplicated this behavior.  The houseboat was drifting, and I'm wondering if the moving target presented a problem for the M3.  Past drones could track a moving target when performing a quickshot.  Also, I was flying over water on a calm day, and it may very well be that the water caused an issue.
Another behavior I observed was that when I attempted to perform a "Mastershot" of my boat, it lost target of the boat during the process (twice).  Again the boat was drifting (not very fast), and Mastershots seems intended for fixed targets.

And yet another behavior I observed was when I was using Active Track, the drone would pause, then "catch up", then pause, then "catch up".  I did not repeate this for the target, and later when I used Active Track to follow a different target the drone followed smoothly.

Note to DJI Moderators, this is not intended to be a negative report.  These are just observations I'm sharing, and I'm wondering if others have similar experience.  I am not displeased with this drone (at all).
2022-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For circle with any moving target Spotlight would be best option, I do think any movement outside the Box you draw will have an exaggerated effect on the Circle being flown. Boats even in calm water do move more than we think.
2022-4-3
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tested a quickshot circle on myself moving around, and observed the same behavior, the drone moved in on me then backed away while doing the "circle".  I was kept in focus, but it seems the circle was executed around the original starting point.
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Charles Adams. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and sharing your observations with us. This information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-4 15:15
Hello there Charles Adams. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and sharing your observations with us. This information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Stephen.  I stress that these are observations and not complaints.  It does seem that the quickshots and mastershots focus on a fixed point in space and not the target.  If true, it would be a nice enhancement to follow the target.
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

A bit apprehensive to express your views Charles? Lol
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Those quickshot modes needs to be used on a stationary subject and not a moving subject.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-4 15:36
A bit apprehensive to express your views Charles? Lol

I suffer from EDS.  Excessive Diplomacy Syndrome.  :-)
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-4 15:39
Those quickshot modes needs to be used on a stationary subject and not a moving subject.

The Mavic Mini did not support Active Track, but one could "hack" it by using quickshots to track the subject for a short period of time.  My thought was that if the Mini could "track" a subject during a quickshot, the M3 might be able to as well.
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 15:45
The Mavic Mini did not support Active Track, but one could "hack" it by using quickshots to track the subject for a short period of time.  My thought was that if the Mini could "track" a subject during a quickshot, the M3 might be able to as well.

Maybe Dji will add that later where you can use the smart modes to capture moving subjects but for now it does not work. I tried mastershots on my son and also got him to move around, drone lost him in seconds.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-4 15:50
Maybe Dji will add that later where you can use the smart modes to capture moving subjects but for now it does not work. I tried mastershots on my son and also got him to move around, drone lost him in seconds.

Yep, agreed, or confirmed.  It does not function that way on the M3.  Would love to see it as an enhancement.
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules