5721 240 2022-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

He is dispelling all the "Lies" posted here and hopefully with a further update from him will find out more.

Forward to 1.15.00 to get chip info.

2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm not going to watch 2 hours of whatever he has in the video.
Does he say anything that makes any difference to users?

2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 4-4 03:50

I gave the timeframe .
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 03:52
I gave the timeframe .

2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 4-4 03:58

That’s subjective, lots of users speculating as to the cause of what’s going on, so from that point of view yes it is helpful.
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 04:12
That’s subjective, lots of users speculating as to the cause of what’s going on, so from that point of view yes it is helpful.

It's a very simple question .... Perhaps if I ask again?
2022-4-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 04:20

He says more useful stuff in the video than what I've read on these forums since December, and infinitely more useful than the made up crap that was posted to this forum which started him on this path.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 04:20

Labroides, Hallmark was right that this is subjective.  It depends on which theories and speculations regarding M3 GPS that an individual has had an affinity for.  If an individual has indulged in theories that the chipset is the cause, then yes such an individual will find this video interesting, and those who have gravitated towards contrary beliefs will likely find this interesting.
2022-4-4
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

The good thing is that for the first time we saw high resolution photos. It was interesting for me.
The bad thing is that the question of what is wrong with some GPS modules is not answered.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 04:51
Labroides, Hallmark was right that this is subjective.  It depends on which theories and speculations regarding M3 GPS that an individual has had an affinity for.  If an individual has indulged in theories that the chipset is the cause, then yes such an individual will find this video interesting, and those who have gravitated towards contrary beliefs will likely find this interesting.

I didn't ask if it was interesting.
I asked if he's uncovered anything that makes any difference to users.

It depends on which theories and speculations regarding M3 GPS that an individual has had an affinity for.
None of the speculation about the fine details of what causes the problem makes any difference to users.
It just doesn't matter what it is .... we already know there's a problem that DJI's people haven't been able to find/fix it in over 3 months.

2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tornado12 Posted at 4-4 04:43
He says more useful stuff in the video than what I've read on these forums since December, and infinitely more useful than the made up crap that was posted to this forum which started him on this path.

OK ... what use can you make of it?
How does it help get past the problem that's stumped DJI's best and brightest?
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 05:22
I didn't ask if it was interesting.
I asked if he's uncovered anything that makes any difference to users.

Sorry for not being more specific.  Your exact question is "Does he say anything that makes any difference to users?"

Watching this video made a difference for me.  I came away with 3 data points that I did not possess prior to watching the video.  As I don't know what constitutes a "difference" for you, I cannot answer for you or for any other user.  The fact that I have more data after watching is a difference for me.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 05:20
Yep. So the answer is that this is mostly irrelevant. What a surprise! The guy in his garage can't figure out a problem that a billion dollar company couldn't solve in many months. Shocking.

I am 100% sure that DJI knows the answer to the question. They just don't tell us the truth.  
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 05:28
Sorry for not being more specific.  Your exact question is "Does he say anything that makes any difference to users?"

Watching this video made a difference for me.  I came away with 3 data points that I did not possess prior to watching the video.  As I don't know what constitutes a "difference" for you, I cannot answer for you or for any other user.  The fact that I have more data after watching is a difference for me.

Perhaps if I said: a practical difference.
Or maybe I could have given a few sentences to indicate that I meant anything that will actually improve things for users.
You know ... something that makes a difference to your use of the M3.

I'm not interested in something that just helps you fill in time watching another youtube video.

Am I speaking a foreign language or something?
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 05:33
Perhaps if I said: a practical difference.
Or maybe I could have given a few sentences to indicate that I meant anything that will actually improve things for users.
You know ... something that makes a difference to your use of the M3.

I assure you that you are speaking English.  Given that you have yourself acknowledged a more specific adjective ("practical") that helps clarify your question, this indicates that you acknowledge improvements to your question that help guide us in answering.  You seem frustrated that we are answering questions you asked, rather than questions you intended to ask.  I'm happy to continue to provide you answers to facilitate you reaching some level of satisfaction, but I can only address the questions asked, and not the questions intended.

Based on my current understanding of your newly modified question:  I personally found no new information that makes a practical difference.  As I am in the camp of "don't care" if it is hardware or software, this information doesn't make any practical difference to me.  It will not change how I fly my drone today.

It has given me more knowledge than I had preceding watching the video, but I acknowledge that this will not make a practical difference.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 05:51
I assure you that you are speaking English.  Given that you have yourself acknowledged a more specific adjective ("practical") that helps clarify your question, this indicates that you acknowledge improvements to your question that help guide us in answering.  You seem frustrated that we are answering questions you asked, rather than questions you intended to ask.  I'm happy to continue to provide you answers to facilitate you reaching some level of satisfaction, but I can only address the questions asked, and not the questions intended.

Based on my current understanding of your newly modified question:  I personally found no new information that makes a practical difference.  As I am in the camp of "don't care" if it is hardware or software, this information doesn't make any practical difference to me.  It will not change how I fly my drone today.
Thank you
You seem frustrated that we are answering questions you asked, rather than questions you intended to ask.

I was frustrated by people answering the question they thought I was asking, rather that the succinct, but specific question that I asked.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 05:57
Thank you
You seem frustrated that we are answering questions you asked, rather than questions you intended to ask.
I was frustrated by people answering the question they thought I was asking, rather that the succinct, but specific question that I asked.

Not the first time I have been guilty of doing so.  My attempt was an honest effort to answer.

I doubt this video will change how anybody flies today, but if someone is looking for accurate and factual understanding of how the M3 hardware does or doesn't impact the GPS issue, this video contributes such information.
2022-4-4
Use props
Manu64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282923 ft
France

Sorry, I'm having a little trouble following the content of the video (I'm French).
- Can we confirm that the problem is hardware?
       If yes, can it be bypassed by software (new firmware)?
       If yes, should we replace a part or modify one?
       If not, we have to wait for a new firmware version (no other trouble) ?

Many thanks !
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 04:12
That’s subjective, lots of users speculating as to the cause of what’s going on, so from that point of view yes it is helpful.

Basically he said that it's not the GPS unit but possibly the compass and he'll have more to say about that later.................
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 03:50

Forward to 1.15.00 to get chip info.
2022-4-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for posting this Hallmark.  Would not have found otherwise.  Good content.

I have already proven to myself that it is something they did via firmware because I took a new in box M3 with the original firmware, and it got acquisition and a fix for the homepoint insanely quick.  Same drone, updated firmware, and it went to bad.  Then better with the .600 release.  

There is so much hostility and consternation on this subject, and yes it is concerning, but I have zero doubt it is going to be resolved.  Hopefully DJI will do it sooner rather than later.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manu64 Posted at 4-4 06:17
Sorry, I'm having a little trouble following the content of the video (I'm French).

The presenter did not address firmware.  He spoke specifically to two hardware issues that were speculated as to being a cause, and he asserts that they are in fact NOT a cause or contributor to the GPS issues.

The video does inform answers with some explanation, but they cannot be answered with yes/no.  I'm going to give it a whirl, but with explanation.

Can we confirm that the problem is hardware?  We can confirm that 2 aspects of hardware that have been suggested as a cause are in fact not the cause.

If yes, can it be bypassed by software (new firmware)?  New firmware is not needed to address these 2 aspects of hardware, as they are not contributing to the GPS issue.

If yes, should we replace a part or modify one?  As 2 aspects of hardware are not causing the issue, replacing or modifying the hardware will not add any benefit.

If not, we have to wait for a new firmware version (no other trouble)?  He did not address this at this time.
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

What a waste of time that was.
It's at 1:22 to 1:29 ... watching from 1:15 will just put you to sleep.
It does nothing except give a guided tour of the GPS board.
It doesn't shed any light on anything and is just a teaser for his upcoming 1 hour video.
He's given as much information so far as DJI (none).
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 4-4 03:58

Well there was a similar thread posted here last week, you had plenty to say on it. Much off topic. If this threads is of interest to anyone who owns an M3, then that’s good. If it has no interest for you the forum has plenty of other threads for you to peruse.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Manu64 Posted at 4-4 06:17

I think he has confirmed that it is not a hardware issue with the GPS sensor. It had been posted here on the forum that it was a Hardware issue, this completely debunks that.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 4-4 05:19
The good thing is that for the first time we saw high resolution photos. It was interesting for me.
The bad thing is that the question of what is wrong with some GPS modules is not answered.

I don’t think he thinks its his job to give the answers, for him he was simply trying to clear up the lies and hysteria. Last week we were told information came from DJI that hardware was the problem, it was complete made up rubbish and has been debunked . He has also said he found some more very interesting stuff which he will post a second video. Nobody expected him to figure out what was causing the problem , and its a bit like studying logs, much of the time No clear answer is found but some people learn stuff on the way.
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 07:20
I don’t think he thinks its his job to give the answers, for him he was simply trying to clear up the lies and hysteria. Last week we were told information came from DJI that hardware was the problem, it was complete made up rubbish and has been debunked . He has also said he found some more very interesting stuff which he will post a second video. Nobody expected him to figure out what was causing the problem , and its a bit like studying logs, much of the time No clear answer is found but some people learn stuff on the way.

Nobody expected him to figure out what was causing the problem
Then why is your expert looking into it?
What's the point of the exercise?

its a bit like studying logs, much of the time No clear answer is found but some people learn stuff on the way.

Spoken like someone that's never read any flight data.
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It does appear that Mad's as confident about what's causing the issue as DJI is. Not very much
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 4-4 07:04
What a waste of time that was.
It's at 1:22 to 1:29 ... watching from 1:15 will just put you to sleep.
It does nothing except give a guided tour of the GPS board.

I believe he said that the other thread that you seemed to have no problem accepting as true, was complete and utter rubbish.
This thread is obviously not for you, so by all means move on.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don’t think he thinks its his job to give the answers, for him he was simply trying to clear up the lies and hysteria. Last week we were told information came from DJI that hardware was the problem, it was complete made up rubbish and has been debunked . He has also said he found some more very interesting stuff which he will post a second video. Nobody expected him to figure out what was causing the problem , and its a bit like studying logs, much of the time No clear answer is found but some people learn stuff on the way.

It seems that what people are taking away from this IS subjective, as is evident by the various opinions being expressed.

My 3 takeaways are that 1) GPS issues are not caused by the missing component.  2) The chip is a higher quality version (higher heat tolerance) than other models, and 3) He will have more to say in a subsequent video.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 07:33
It seems that what people are taking away from this IS subjective, as is evident by the various opinions being expressed.

My 3 takeaways are that 1) GPS issues are not caused by the missing component.  2) The chip is a higher quality version (higher heat tolerance) than other models, and 3) He will have more to say in a subsequent video.

He will of course and some will be interested and some won’t.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-4 07:26
It does appear that Mad's as confident about what's causing the issue as DJI is. Not very much

I think what’s wrong with it has to do with an algorithm, and this is what DJI have said. But it looks like they haven’t been able to fix it yet.
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 07:33

1 and 2 have been known for weeks already.
As for 3  ... I can hardly wait.

So despite the fanfare at the beginning of this thread, this video tells us nothing that wasn't already known.
All DJI's horses and all DJI's men couldn't put the GPS back together again in over three months.
The longer this drags on, the less likely it looks that they will solve it.
2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 07:57
1 and 2 have been known for weeks already.
As for 3  ... I can hardly wait.

I did not know about 1 and 2, but I was on a business trip and may have missed the analysis from past messages.
2022-4-4
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

I don’t think he thinks its his job to give the answers, for him he was simply trying to clear up the lies and hysteria. Last week we were told information came from DJI that hardware was the problem, it was complete made up rubbish and has been debunked . He has also said he found some more very interesting stuff which he will post a second video. Nobody expected him to figure out what was causing the problem , and its a bit like studying logs, much of the time No clear answer is found but some people learn stuff on the way.

There is no hysteria in the topic of GPS. There are many users who are looking for a solution to their problem. This group does not aim to ruin DJI's reputation or defend it at the cost of its time.
I welcome this video, as well as the original post in Mavicpilots, because it gives us some starting point. I no longer have any illusions that DJI will provide us with any information.
I prefer a forum post by the author of the video than the video itself, because my English is not good.
I follow the materials related to the GPS module of Mavic 3, because I do not rule out the possibility of changing it myself, as long as I get a better copy from somewhere.
2022-4-4
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules