Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two things:

1. This is NOT the video where Mad goes over the Mavic 3 GPS in detail.  
2. It's as if some of you DON'T want people to dig further into what is going on. Let it go.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 4-4 08:02
There is no hysteria in the topic of GPS. There are many users who are looking for a solution to their problem. This group does not aim to ruin DJI's reputation or defend it at the cost of its time.
I welcome this video, as well as the original post in Mavicpilots, because it gives us some starting point. I no longer have any illusions that DJI will provide us with any information.
I prefer a forum post by the author of the video than the video itself, because my English is not good.

Well he has the board he purchased it for £90. So they are available to but. But taking old one out and replacing with this board which is exactly the same is not likely to improve GPS. So it’s likely something else most likely Software is causing the problem. DJI have already said this but obviously have not been able to completely fix it yet.

There is a difference for many members if conspiracies are posted maliciously to try cause hysteria. IE information posted that is completely false and then proof is offered by supposedly DJI employee that was proved to have been forged so completely FAKE.

I don’t think Mad’s will find out what is the cause of the slower GPS , but it might help to know once and for all that the problem is NOT hardware . I don’t think this will ruin anyones reputation I’ve seen worse than this with drones. But some people are genuinely trying to get some answers others are here for something else.
2022-4-4
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 08:16
Well he has the board he purchased it for £90. So they are available to but. But taking old one out and replacing with this board which is exactly the same is not likely to improve GPS. So it’s likely something else most likely Software is causing the problem. DJI have already said this but obviously have not been able to completely fix it yet.

There is a difference for many members if conspiracies are posted maliciously to try cause hysteria. IE information posted that is completely false and then proof is offered by supposedly DJI employee that was proved to have been forged so completely FAKE.

The more time passes, the more the scales are tilted in favor of a hardware problem (or limitation if you prefer).
By the way, Mad_Angler1 did not claim that there was no hardware problem. He claims that the problem is not in the missing chip. These are two very different things. He had an interesting theory that it could be electromagnetic noise. Unfortunately, the topic was deleted.
2022-4-4
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-4 06:23
Basically he said that it's not the GPS unit but possibly the compass and he'll have more to say about that later.................

Which would be interesting if it is the compass because support told me to calibrate my compass and while not perfect it did help lock on more.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-4
Use props
Gookie88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 140643 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What’s with all the hostility, am I missing something? Someone has put a lot of effort in diagnosis and troubleshooting, it’s interesting and relevant. To me it’s clearly not a hardware problem as the release firmware is lightening quick / as quick as any other drone. They at first messed around with the satellite lock threshold to improve accuracy, but that caused some to wait longer still and they tweaked further still in the latest. To me it’s finding the balance, but clearly software as can’t discount the release firmware experience.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gookie88 Posted at 4-4 08:59
What’s with all the hostility, am I missing something? Someone has put a lot of effort in diagnosis and troubleshooting, it’s interesting and relevant. To me it’s clearly not a hardware problem as the release firmware is lightening quick / as quick as any other drone. They at first messed around with the satellite lock threshold to improve accuracy, but that caused some to wait longer still and they tweaked further still in the latest. To me it’s finding the balance, but clearly software as can’t discount the release firmware experience.

We have many styles of participation here in the forums.  You have noted accurately that there is a degree of hostility, which I cannot explain, but mostly accept (with some exceptions where some lines that ought not be crossed have been crossed).

Some take exception to the fact that others aren't as bothered by the same issues that bother themselves, some take exception to the fact that others are bothered by the same issues that don't bother themselves.  This is an escalation of "confirmation bias" and renders as open hostility to information which counters one's bias.

Some participants just don't like some of the other participants, and make no effort to hide it (which is OK, as long as forum policies are not violated).

Mad Tech's video provided me some information that I did not have before, and I found value in it being shared and in me taking the time to watch it.  I look forward to a more detailed video that does a deeper dive.  That's ok.

Others did not find the same value, and that's ok too.
2022-4-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 09:53
As of today's latest DJI fw (0618) - the GPS isn't fixed and AirSense still is "broken". Still think this is just a fw issue?
[view_image]

...any other advances that might give us hope...???
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

The overall length of this video is 1 hour and 54 minutes yet his discussion of the GPS issue is only 7 minutes long. He spends most of the time discussing other DJI issues other than what is affecting many of us. Interesting
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 10:16
Absolutely none. 3X zoom on the main camera. Switching to explore mode is a little less "jerky" but still no manual anything on the smaller sensor.

Thanks for the information!
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 10:30
Any time. DJI can't fix this because it's a real hardware issue. They screwed up. They are gearing up on the Mavic 3S. This was simply a prototype alpha/beta product for that one.

You remind me so much of teenagers in a video game forum, after the game released with a bunch of bugs. So passionate, so much emotion, but zero substance, and complete immaturity in your perspective.
You are too emotional.

I still say the issue is firmware and will be fixed. There is literally zero evidence of hardware issues so far. Absolute zero. The more we learn actually points more and more toward firmware.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 10:40
"The more we learn actually points more and more toward firmware."
Nope. Wrong. It has been months and they still can't fix it properly, as of today's internal fw release. Why? Because it's hardware.

lol, and opinions are like butt holes. We all have one. You base yours on emotion. I base mine on logic and evidence. At the end of the day this is all incredibly petty however.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I watched this from the mark pointed out in post 1 and I could not find any proper information which explains why this drone is having GPS issues. To get to the bottom of this issues, there needs to be someone who has 2 of these drones where 1 works fine getting gps and the other not, then tear down this drone and check the programming, chip type and or algorithms that this gps module uses. Just checking a chip that is not linked to any other modules and FW that the drone has does not prove that this cannot be hardware nor does it prove that it is not FW. Someone that has all these tools to do proper testing needs to tear it apart but no one will be willing to do that to an expensive drone not even me.  Again, All that every Mavic 3 owner can do is to speculate as to what the issue is as no one of us can give a definitive answer here.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-4 11:24
I watched this from the mark pointed out in post 1 and I could not find any proper information which explains why this drone is having GPS issues. To get to the bottom of this issues, there needs to be someone who has 2 of these drones where 1 works fine getting gps and the other not, then tear down this drone and check the programming, chip type and or algorithms that this gps module uses. Just checking a chip that is not linked to any other modules and FW that the drone has does not prove that this cannot be hardware nor does it prove that it is not FW. Someone that has all these tools to do proper testing needs to tear it apart but no one will be willing to do that to an expensive drone not even me.  Again, All that every Mavic 3 owner can do is to speculate as to what the issue is as no one of us can give a definitive answer here.

this.

THIS.
2022-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

what???

WHAT???
2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 11:26
Except DJI has unlimited drones to tear apart and do whatever they want. They have everything you suggested - and more. Yet even they can't fix this problem properly after many months. That should be a strong clue whether this is hardware.

did dji get back some of the drones that continue to have issues after the latest sw update?  if not, i would say despite having unlimited drones to tear apart, they don't have any which continue to suffer from the issue.  because if they did, why would they pump out a sw ver claiming it's better when it's not even working in the drones that have on hand?  and here's my answer:  because dji cannot fix the issue; they can only improve it.  it cannot be cured with software.  and the rest i'll leave to interpretation because i don't want to rub anybody the wrong way or trigger some folks.

you will NEVER see dji release notes that claim the gps issue is fixed or resolved.  it will also say improve or reduce, etc.  can it hit a certain point where "everybody" is ok with the performance?  sure.  but i doubt we'll get there soon because dji is likely finding out that sw along cannot accomplish that feat.  the manufacturer will never publish a serial number range of drones likely to be most affected by gpsgate.

personally, i just think it's hilarious that some people believe all of us have the same drones since a november launch.  obviously never been to an electronics factory.
2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

see my next post (above)
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 4-4 11:48
did dji get back some of the drones that continue to have issues after the latest sw update?  if not, i would say despite having unlimited drones to tear apart, they don't have any which continue to suffer from the issue.  because if they did, why would they pump out a sw ver claiming it's better when it's not even working in the drones that have on hand?  and here's my answer:  because dji cannot fix the issue; they can only improve it.  it cannot be cured with software.  and the rest i'll leave to interpretation because i don't want to rub anybody the wrong way or trigger some folks.

you will NEVER see dji release notes that claim the gps issue is fixed or resolved.  it will also say improve or reduce, etc.  can it hit a certain point where "everybody" is ok with the performance?  sure.  but i doubt we'll get there soon because dji is likely finding out that sw along cannot accomplish that feat.  the manufacturer will never publish a serial number range of drones likely to be most affected by gpsgate.

My 2 cents on this matter, which is merely speculation of course.

Dji started manufacturing the Mavic 3 with the Professional version of the UBLOX chip, they ran short of chips and used the automotive version in the rest of production hence the issue of some have very fast lock times and others not. Until people start opening up their drones and start posting pictures of their GPS module(which wont happen) we will never know and only speculate. Which of these 2 different chips is giving the faster gps acquisition times- Only God and Dji knows for now but my money will be that the Pro version of chips is giving the much faster lock times where i have seen people report upto 30 seconds to lock a homepoint on full cold boot.
2022-4-4
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-4 06:24
Thank you for posting this Hallmark.  Would not have found otherwise.  Good content.

I have already proven to myself that it is something they did via firmware because I took a new in box M3 with the original firmware, and it got acquisition and a fix for the homepoint insanely quick.  Same drone, updated firmware, and it went to bad.  Then better with the .600 release.  

This is a fantastic datapoint and certainly gives us hope for a final software fix in the future.
2022-4-4
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 07:10
I think he has confirmed that it is not a hardware issue with the GPS sensor. It had been posted here on the forum that it was a Hardware issue, this completely debunks that.

...and that is MOST encouraging as it does point to potentially a software fix that can get folks back in the box in the future.  
2022-4-4
Use props
Manu64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282923 ft
France

Charles Adams Posted at 4-4 06:53
The presenter did not address firmware.  He spoke specifically to two hardware issues that were speculated as to being a cause, and he asserts that they are in fact NOT a cause or contributor to the GPS issues.

The video does inform answers with some explanation, but they cannot be answered with yes/no.  I'm going to give it a whirl, but with explanation.

Thank so mutch for yours responses!
2022-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not ask people to post their drone's serial number, firmware version and timed times to GPS lock, presumably cold start times? I assume DJI have the capability to trace the construction history and component history from the drones serial number.If folks are unwilling to post such information themselves under their own handle then perhaps they could be messaged to a trusted member of this board who could then post them and or compile a list etc. with out naming the owner/s.

If thought a good idea why not collaborate with other forums and compile a truly comprehensive list of drones and their times.

2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-4 12:08
Why not ask people to post their drone's serial number, firmware version and timed times to GPS lock, presumably cold start times? If folk are unwilling to post such information themselves then perhaps they could be messaged to a trusted member of this board who could then post them and or compile a list etc. with out naming the owner/s.

That is an excellent suggestion
2022-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-4 12:12
That is an excellent suggestion

see the edit too.
2022-4-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 11:23
" You base yours on emotion."
No. I base my statements on information that I have from those who provide me firmware far in advance of release. People who actually are involved in this issue.  You base your statements on....."feeling"?
And although you think you are witty, using an overused phrase, some opinions are more valid than others.

You also argued that Ubloxx GPS chips dont have "enough memory" "in the chip" to process gps ascii data, through a "limited pipeline", to work with all the other features of the drone....You said all this because you have no freaking clue how any of this works. You never once tried to defend that silly crap because you couldn't. You were more impressed with how many small websites and YouTube channels picked it up, because it fed your narcissism. You are starving for validation, so hungry that you sit camped on these forums without end. When banned you show back up immediately because you cant live without it. You care nothing about the truth in this or any other issue. You are here to feed personal needs, that is so apparent.

All of your posts here are from emotional points of view. You wear your emotions and obsession on your sleeve. You make fun of people for suggesting that weather can impact gps signals a while back in a thread, yet you make the most ignorant post I've seen on these forums in the 4 months I've been here. You will get into hours of bickering arguments with people over insignificant details and semantics, yet turn right around and make broad, blanket statements of total ignorance. You likely don't see the contradiction however, because that's what happens when someone is driven on emotion and obsession and not on logic. This is because the primary motivation is not truth, but in proving something. You are clearly obsessed, emotional, angry, and hateful, but also full of yourself and narcissistic. None of these things make you right about anything though. They make you noisy, loud, and obnoxious. So...You have zero credibility. Its a shame you choose this path. As much as you live on these forums and obsess over this drone and over DJI as a company, you might could actually contribute something if you weren't such a troll.
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I agree, a great idea. I wonder how many users will be willing to partake in this experiment?
2022-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't lol I do not have one lol
2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-4 12:08
Why not ask people to post their drone's serial number, firmware version and timed times to GPS lock, presumably cold start times? If folk are unwilling to post such information themselves then perhaps they could be messaged to a trusted member of this board who could then post them and or compile a list etc. with out naming the owner/s. If thought a good idea why not collaborate with other forums and compile a truely comprehensive list of drones and their times.

i think that would help if we are trying to identify two different pieces of hardware.  and that could very well be logical or likely.

however, my suggestion (based on not knowing any of the facts) was based on everyone having the same chip and during week 4 of production (high covid week, replacement workers on the line, quality manager called in sick), we let 9,500 pieces slip thru that were outside the tolerances by 2% and we don't even know if that's a factor...but it could be.  not everyone could be affected but week 4 sn range from aa09 thru bc85 which is 45,000 drones.
2022-4-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 4-4 12:18
I agree, a great idea. I wonder how many users will be willing to partake in this experiment?

not to be a debby downer but the sample size on the forums is too small to really learn anything from the effort it would take to do this. We are an extremely tiny part of the pie on here, like .00001% of mavic 3 owners.
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 4-4 12:16
You also argued that Ubloxx GPS chips dont have "enough memory" "in the chip" to process gps ascii data, through a "limited pipeline", to work with all the other features of the drone....You said all this because you have no freaking clue how any of this works. You never once tried to defend that silly crap because you couldn't. You were more impressed with how many small websites and YouTube channels picked it up, because it fed your narcissism. You are starving for validation, so hungry that you sit camped on these forums without end. When banned you show back up immediately because you cant live without it. You care nothing about the truth in this or any other issue. You are here to feed personal needs, that is so apparent.

All of your posts here are from emotional points of view. You wear your emotions and obsession on your sleeve. You make fun of people for suggesting that weather can impact gps signals a while back in a thread, yet you make the most ignorant post I've seen on these forums in the 4 months I've been here. You will get into hours of bickering arguments with people over insignificant details and semantics, yet turn right around and make broad, blanket statements of total ignorance. You likely don't see the contradiction however, because that's what happens when someone is driven on emotion and obsession and not on logic. This is because the primary motivation is not truth, but in proving something. You are clearly obsessed, emotional, angry, and hateful, but also full of yourself and narcissistic. None of these things make you right about anything though. They make you noisy, loud, and obnoxious. So...You have zero credibility. Its a shame you choose this path. As much as you live on these forums and obsess over this drone and over DJI as a company, you might could actually contribute something if you weren't such a troll.

I think your comments are a bit too harsh for reality. For a person that is saying he does not base his comments on emotions, this post sounds very emotional.

In regards to the truth, there is no one in this entire forum, not even Mad Tech, that can say with 100% surety what the actual issue is and everyone including myself and you can only speculate on the actual problem. We can take in various suggestions/speculation and try to come up with our own conclusions but in actual fact we don't honestly know if its the truth or not as Only Dji might or might know what the issue is.  Too Speculate is what we can only do and I commend Mad for taking the time/his time for doing this and I commend others for taking the time in trying to find an answer to this dilemma but fighting- will not help find the truth.  
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 4-4 12:23
not to be a debby downer but the sample size on the forums is too small to really learn anything from the effort it would take to do this. We are an extremely tiny part of the pie on here, like .00001% of mavic 3 owners.

True but it will be a start. To get to the end of the long road you have to start somewhere.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 4-4 12:25
I think your comments are a bit too harsh for reality. For a person that is saying he does not base his comments on emotions, this post sounds very emotional.

In regards to the truth, there is no one in this entire forum, not even Mad Tech, that can say with 100% surety what the actual issue is and everyone including myself and you can only speculate on the actual problem. We can take in various suggestions/speculation and try to come up with our own conclusions but in actual fact we don't honestly know if its the truth or not as Only Dji might or might know what the issue is.  Too Speculate is what we can only do and I commend Mad for taking the time/his time for doing this and I commend others for taking the time in trying to find an answer to this dilemma but fighting- will not help find the truth.

No, just calling him as I see it. He has been banned atleast a dozen times just since ive been here, and perpetrated nonstop drama on these forums.

I have no bone in any of this fight. I am so busy I barely get to even fly my drone right now. The GPS issue has never really bothered me at all. 5 minutes versus 1 minute....meh. For me, its not a big deal personally.

Im thinking of just not posting here much anymore. Waste of time really.
2022-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even if you are correct such a list may give pointers and pointers are better than blind gropings in the dark. Besides especially if the list is large some of 'us' may be able to spot patterns.

Either way the more factual information there is available the better. That I can see, all  that the machinations to date have done is to create bickering threads full of diametrically opposed posts, that does not help the average owner in the street. How that they tell who is speaking the truth and who is spouting bull?
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules