5710 240 2022-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

From a user's perspective it makes no difference between listening to this guy's big bang theories, or believing in the so called 'lies and hysteria'. Only DJI knows what is causing the Mavic3's poor performance, and only DJI knows which are the 'lies and hysteria'. All I know is my Mavic3 takes 90-120s to get a home point at the same time and location that my Mini2 will only take 20s, and in less than ideal locations that the Mini2 takes 120s, the Mavic3 will NEVER get a home point. Shame on DJI to not having fixed the problem 4 months after product launch, and not even clarifying the problems.
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 10:30
Any time. DJI can't fix this because it's a real hardware issue. They screwed up. They are gearing up on the Mavic 3S. This was simply a prototype alpha/beta product for that one.

We'll hold you to your word then but I don't believe it. I'm a glass is half full kind of guy
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 4-4 12:39
From a user's perspective it makes no difference between listening to this guy's big bang theories, or believing in the so called 'lies and hysteria'. Only DJI knows what is causing the Mavic3's poor performance, and only DJI knows which are the 'lies and hysteria'. All I know is my Mavic3 takes 90-120s to get a home point at the same time and location that my Mini2 will only take 20s, and in less than ideal locations that the Mini2 takes 120s, the Mavic3 will NEVER get a home point. Shame on DJI to not having fixed the problem 4 months after product launch, and not even clarifying the problems.

Spot on Mate
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 4-4 12:23
not to be a debby downer but the sample size on the forums is too small to really learn anything from the effort it would take to do this. We are an extremely tiny part of the pie on here, like .00001% of mavic 3 owners.

Does anyone actually know for sure how many Mavic 3's have been sold Worldwide?
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 13:19
I heard the sales have not been so good.

Maybe that's why it went on sale so quickly with $150 off. I have never to date seen a Flagship drone of Dji go on sale so quickly, it normally takes like more than 8 months before that happens from Launch.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji can probably tell how many total activation there are.  for example, between the drones they sell and the shipments to retailers worldwide, let's say 100,000 m3 drones.  but when they look at activations, they see only 18,000 activations so far.  only dji can know what this looks like and why...based on history, etc.  in order to coordinate a sell across the board like we are seeing, i think it takes a couple of months to do that and pull it together.  usually it's not done in order to move product.  it's an expensive drone, do you think $100 - $300 is really going to move the needle?  why didnt the cine go on sale?  i dunno; maybe they're back to go old fashion marketing with incentive dollars, mdf, promotions, etc.  but there are a lot of other dji products on sale too so are they all doing poorly?  the action 2 is bottomed out already.

personally i think the timely april spring sale was already planned long time ago set to start nearly a year after launch and the drone was supposed to launch last spring/summer and that's how you count the time period with a LATE launch.
2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately i cannot provide a s/n because i haven't tested my m3 yet.
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They've probably halted the production line on the Mavic 3 because they don't want to be stuck with a warehouse full of them until they get this issue resolved. However, I'm happy with the home point times I've been getting the past week so I personally don't have much to bitch about...........for now.
Just give me another reason to bitch and I will
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 4-4 14:24
dji can probably tell how many total activation there are.  for example, between the drones they sell and the shipments to retailers worldwide, let's say 100,000 m3 drones.  but when they look at activations, they see only 18,000 activations so far.  only dji can know what this looks like and why...based on history, etc.  in order to coordinate a sell across the board like we are seeing, i think it takes a couple of months to do that and pull it together.  usually it's not done in order to move product.  it's an expensive drone, do you think $100 - $300 is really going to move the needle?  why didnt the cine go on sale?  i dunno; maybe they're back to go old fashion marketing with incentive dollars, mdf, promotions, etc.  but there are a lot of other dji products on sale too so are they all doing poorly?  the action 2 is bottomed out already.

personally i think the timely april spring sale was already planned long time ago set to start nearly a year after launch and the drone was supposed to launch last spring/summer and that's how you count the time period with a LATE launch.

Dji has plenty of margin on the M3 to play with but i have never seen their flagship models go on sale so quickly, yes $150 is a small amount, not enough to change many minds to go out and drop their cash maybe but still
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 4-4 08:32
Which would be interesting if it is the compass because support told me to calibrate my compass and while not perfect it did help lock on more.

Support tell you to calibrate the compass when they don't know what to tell you.
If there was a problem with your compass calibration, you wouldn't have been able to fly properly and the app would have warned you.
Calibrating the compass cannot help to improve GPS acquisition times.
They are completely separate systems.
2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-4 14:26
They've probably halted the production line on the Mavic 3 because they don't want to be stuck with a warehouse full of them until they get this issue resolved. However, I'm happy with the home point times I've been getting the past week so I personally don't have much to bitch about...........for now.

that's what i suggested a long time ago:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =260860&pid=2686949

probably lost in the "mix."

my guess is the line is back up and running and the problem is resolved going fwd.  the challenge is how to improve all the drones already let loose in the wild.  only way to do it is with sw.

CERTAINLY dji is not cranking out broken drones still, no?  we'll never know.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gookie88 Posted at 4-4 08:59
What’s with all the hostility, am I missing something? Someone has put a lot of effort in diagnosis and troubleshooting, it’s interesting and relevant. To me it’s clearly not a hardware problem as the release firmware is lightening quick / as quick as any other drone. They at first messed around with the satellite lock threshold to improve accuracy, but that caused some to wait longer still and they tweaked further still in the latest. To me it’s finding the balance, but clearly software as can’t discount the release firmware experience.

To me it’s clearly not a hardware problem as the release firmware is lightening quick / as quick as any other drone. They at first messed around with the satellite lock threshold to improve accuracy, but that caused some to wait longer still and they tweaked further still in the latest.
This makes no sense.
Why would they have done anything to "improve accuracy"?
If that was the issue, don't you think they would have put it back to what it was by now?

2022-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-4 14:29
Dji has plenty of margin on the M3 to play with but i have never seen their flagship models go on sale so quickly, yes $150 is a small amount, not enough to change many minds to go out and drop their cash maybe but still

so with a late launch, you would have cancelled the already planned april spring sale because it's too soon and now what?  a sale in august....back to school?  do people buy drones at the end of the summer season?  somebody has to make the call, do it or scrap it.  i would have kept the sale even if the drone launched in february.  i think people need a good reason to buy drones in the northern hemisphere this time of the year.
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-4 14:26
They've probably halted the production line on the Mavic 3 because they don't want to be stuck with a warehouse full of them until they get this issue resolved. However, I'm happy with the home point times I've been getting the past week so I personally don't have much to bitch about...........for now.

No working Airsense
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-4 14:29
Support tell you to calibrate the compass when they don't know what to tell you.
If there was a problem with your compass calibration, you wouldn't have been able to fly properly and the app would have warned you.
Calibrating the compass cannot help to improve GPS acquisition times.

I have suspected that the "compass calibration" solution was more a placebo, though I've not tested.  My suspicion is that if one is calibrating their compass, they are taking time to do an unrelated activity while giving GPS more time to lock, and then experiencing "fast" lock because they took time to spin, turn and rotate.

The test would be to calibrate the compass, and then wait sufficiently to do a cold start in some location and determine if the GPS Lock occurs faster.  I have not performed this test because I do not believe it will work.
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 4-4 11:55
My 2 cents on this matter, which is merely speculation of course.

Dji started manufacturing the Mavic 3 with the Professional version of the UBLOX chip, they ran short of chips and used the automotive version in the rest of production hence the issue of some have very fast lock times and others not. Until people start opening up their drones and start posting pictures of their GPS module(which wont happen) we will never know and only speculate. Which of these 2 different chips is giving the faster gps acquisition times- Only God and Dji knows for now but my money will be that the Pro version of chips is giving the much faster lock times where i have seen people report upto 30 seconds to lock a homepoint on full cold boot.

Dji started manufacturing the Mavic 3 with the Professional version of the UBLOX chip, they ran short of chips and used the automotive version in the rest of production hence the issue of some have very fast lock times and others not.
There should be no practical difference between the chips.
The only performace difference is that the automotive grade has a higher temperature tolerance.
The specs for all three variants of the chip show that it should be capable of these acquisition times.
Cold starts:  26 sec
Aided start:  2 sec
Hot start:  1 sec

2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 13:19
I heard the sales have not been so good.

Everything you here turns out to be lies. So that half statement cannot be true.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 11:23
" You base yours on emotion."
No. I base my statements on information that I have from those who provide me firmware far in advance of release. People who actually are involved in this issue.  You base your statements on....."feeling"?
And although you think you are witty, using an overused phrase, some opinions are more valid than others.

Was this the FAKE emails you handed over to forum members last week. The ones that have now been identified as FAKE…
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 14:50
I got it first! Post #95!

I see that
2022-4-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 4-4 14:52
Dji started manufacturing the Mavic 3 with the Professional version of the UBLOX chip, they ran short of chips and used the automotive version in the rest of production hence the issue of some have very fast lock times and others not.
There should be no practical difference between the chips.
The only performace difference is that the automotive grade has a higher temperature tolerance.

According to the times posted, the Mavic 3 is no where near that for everyone. Some have reported cold start to sats in 30 seconds but curious as to why not everyone.  Whats Aided Start?
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 15:14
Was this the FAKE emails you handed over to forum members last week. The ones that have now been identified as FAKE…

How about forgetting about your ongoing vendetta and just keep to things that are relevant.
You've been reminded many times about how irritating your off-topic crusade is but it makes no difference.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-4 12:25
I think your comments are a bit too harsh for reality. For a person that is saying he does not base his comments on emotions, this post sounds very emotional.

In regards to the truth, there is no one in this entire forum, not even Mad Tech, that can say with 100% surety what the actual issue is and everyone including myself and you can only speculate on the actual problem. We can take in various suggestions/speculation and try to come up with our own conclusions but in actual fact we don't honestly know if its the truth or not as Only Dji might or might know what the issue is.  Too Speculate is what we can only do and I commend Mad for taking the time/his time for doing this and I commend others for taking the time in trying to find an answer to this dilemma but fighting- will not help find the truth.

MAD is not saying or trying to show what the cause or the issue is. We’ve all had a twopence worth doing that. But we didn’t come on here and post completely Fake posts and try pass them off as gospel and the more who encourage him the more consternation he will cause. If you don’t agree with him this is what he sends your way.

2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-4 14:30
that's what i suggested a long time ago:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =260860&pid=2686949

probably lost in the "mix."

It's easy to repeat things that have already been said.
2022-4-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why is this forum continuously devolving into a pushing and shoving match?  This is insane.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 4-4 15:21
How about forgetting about your ongoing vendetta and just keep to things that are relevant.
You've been reminded many times about how irritating your off-topic crusade is but it makes no difference.

It seems you like to personally attack me for this. But anyone else here its fine including yourself. You waltz this forum like a school teacher now go mind your own business.
2022-4-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 06:25
You have zero doubt that it will be resolved. But they haven't been able to resolve it in months. Interesting.

They can fix it a variety of ways.  

1.  Firmware to resolve whatever they mucked up.
2.  Recall and replace program
3.  Substantial discount on replacement tech

I'm not thrilled, but at the end of the day, it is going to get fixed.
2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-4 14:30
"Just give me another reason to bitch and I will"
AirSense not working?

That doesn't bother me much. Only my Air 2S has it and my others never had it to begin with so I can let that one slide until they get it resolved.
I think my Air 2S has it. Guess I don't pay much attention to it?
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 4-4 12:00
...and that is MOST encouraging as it does point to potentially a software fix that can get folks back in the box in the future.

I agree it does.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 4-4 12:39
From a user's perspective it makes no difference between listening to this guy's big bang theories, or believing in the so called 'lies and hysteria'. Only DJI knows what is causing the Mavic3's poor performance, and only DJI knows which are the 'lies and hysteria'. All I know is my Mavic3 takes 90-120s to get a home point at the same time and location that my Mini2 will only take 20s, and in less than ideal locations that the Mini2 takes 120s, the Mavic3 will NEVER get a home point. Shame on DJI to not having fixed the problem 4 months after product launch, and not even clarifying the problems.

DJI have said the problem is with an algorithm so yes it does seem like they know what it is, but they are obviously having a problem fixing it so far.
2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ianwood Posted at 4-4 08:15
Two things:

1. This is NOT the video where Mad goes over the Mavic 3 GPS in detail.  

You’re right, its not the video and that’s explained in this video. I am interested to find out just what he does find , but it seems those not interested in finding out are spending a lot of time on thread with that interest at heart.
2022-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-4 15:26
It seems you like to personally attack me for this. But anyone else here its fine including yourself. You waltz this forum like a school teacher now go mind your own business.

The forum would be a much more pleasant and informative place if 25% of the posts weren't generated by you trying to be a mean girl-policeman.
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 4-4 16:05
The forum would be a much more pleasant and informative place if 25% of the posts weren't generated by you trying to be a mean girl-policeman.

Your on topic again…
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules