o(^-^)o
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you again, Mad.

Some corrections for others. Not all speculation is equal:
    - Implausible speculation doesn't match with what it is known.
    - Baseless speculation has no evidence to support it.
    - Credible speculation correlates with existing information but is still unproven.

Only the last one is worth discussing. The rest should be dismissed.

Speculation that there was a change in uBlox chips for some Mavic 3 units is baseless. There is no evidence to support it.
Speculation that the chip lacks memory or the KA version has a different memory architecture is implausible speculation. There is evidence that proves this is wrong.
Mad's findings are credible as in they fit so far with what is already known.

There is a difference. Notice it.
2022-4-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 4-6 09:02
I cannot answer for the 40s, and I am not smart enough to know what the optimal time is reasonable for the optimal lock.  I will concede that DJI has opened themselves up to criticism (justifiably so) for making a claim "This enables the Mavic 3 to lock onto multiple satellite signals faster than ever" and then not meeting that claim.  The M3 is by far the slowest "locking" drone I have ever owned.  Not a biggie to me, but it's a "huge" issue to others.

I also acknowledge that your efforts are not intended to "defend" DJI in any way, and that you are just using your time and expertise to understand the details of what is happening.

Why would anyone need to strip a GPS chip to be able to answer the 40s question? Simple answer is: because that's how long my Mavic2 and Mini2 takes to get a home point, at the same location that the Mavic3 takes 2 minutes. I am also not complaining about the 2-3 minute time for the Mavic3, but I am complaining that there are places where the Mavic3 will NEVER get a home point while sitting on the ground, and at these same locations all my other DJI drones can get a home point in 2 minutes.
2022-4-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mads Tech Posted at 4-6 08:40
Just a question.  Why did you think it should lock in under 40s ?  Hot start yes but warm and cold start is more than reasonable for it to take 1-2 minutes for goodlow HDOP.

Super fast acquisition times as NOT good or normal.  Ublox specs of time taken is not actually to extremely accurate time with in 2-3m.  GPS 3D lock can happen at HDOP as much as 5 and Accuracy of 5+ meters.  That can happen in 40s but getting down to much lower numbers takes longer on most modules.  That is normal.

Super fast acquisition times as NOT good or normal.  Ublox specs of time taken is not actually to extremely accurate time with in 2-3m.  GPS 3D lock can happen at HDOP as much as 5 and Accuracy of 5+ meters.  That can happen in 40s but getting down to much lower numbers takes longer on most modules.  That is normal.

So all my previous DJI drones are NOT good or normal, thank you for clarifying.
2022-4-6
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-6 13:29
Why would anyone need to strip a GPS chip to be able to answer the 40s question? Simple answer is: because that's how long my Mavic2 and Mini2 takes to get a home point, at the same location that the Mavic3 takes 2 minutes. I am also not complaining about the 2-3 minute time for the Mavic3, but I am complaining that there are places where the Mavic3 will NEVER get a home point while sitting on the ground, and at these same locations all my other DJI drones can get a home point in 2 minutes.

I remain critical of DJI's handling of this issue (they have done poorly).  I do love this drone, but I think it's appropriate to call them out for this issue.  No, I won't be convinced to hate this drone over this issue, and I won't be convinced (yet) to buy other products, and I won't agree that it's a lemon for me, but I will go so far to say:

"This enables the Mavic 3 to lock onto multiple satellite signals faster than Never."
2022-4-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 4-6 13:42
I remain critical of DJI's handling of this issue (they have done poorly).  I do love this drone, but I think it's appropriate to call them out for this issue.  No, I won't be convinced to hate this drone over this issue, and I won't be convinced (yet) to buy other products, and I won't agree that it's a lemon for me, but I will go so far to say:

"This enables the Mavic 3 to lock onto multiple satellite signals faster than Never."

Same here, I also like the Mavic3 a lot. But until DJI releases a magical fix, we just have to carry a spare drone at all times, in case we want to launch from a location where the Mavic3 may not get a home point.
2022-4-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

"This enables the Mavic 3 to lock onto multiple satellite signals faster than Never."

agreed.  lol.

i'll probably buy the next dji drone as well.  it's just sad when dji (not just dji but any company) doesn't value so much a stellar record, a pristine reputation, and as close to perfection as possible.  so many lately have forgotten the finer details and the importance of being open and transparent and the customer always comes first.  and, it's not getting any better; seems to be getting worse.
2022-4-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-6 13:53
Same here, I also like the Mavic3 a lot. But until DJI releases a magical fix, we just have to carry a spare drone at all times, in case we want to launch from a location where the Mavic3 may not get a home point.

not a problem, i don't think i go anywhere without at least 2 drones anyway
2022-4-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-6 14:05

I bring my MA2 and my M3 with me.  My wife is somewhat critical of this, claiming that I bring more "toys" than she brings clothes, food and supplies.

Guilty!
2022-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ianwood Posted at 4-6 11:25
Thank you again, Mad.

Some corrections for others. Not all speculation is equal:

Speculation that there was a change in uBlox chips for some Mavic 3 units is baseless. There is no evidence to support it.
Speculation that the chip lacks memory or the KA version has a different memory architecture is implausible speculation. There is evidence that proves this is wrong.

And none of this matters if you need or hoped for a drone to get GPS as quickly as every previous model does.
Particularly when their marketing spin said:
Mavic 3 comes with a  powerful positioning algorithm that enables Mavic 3 to lock onto  multiple satellite signals faster than ever.
The Mavic 3 is a high priced lemon that DJI can't/won't fix.

2022-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 4-6 14:05

I always have a plan before I fly my drone, what video I’m shooting or what photos I intend to shoot, so for now if I have to turn on my drone for 1/2 minutes its no great hardship, I don’t randomly launch and fly my drone in the hope I might get Lucky if it happens to break the 40/50 seconds “barrier”. And if no GPS can be achieved then Im thinking there’s something more to this than just slow acquisition.

2022-4-6
Use props
Mads Tech
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Over the last week I have been doing a lot of testing on the DJI Mavic 3 GPS module to try and understand it’s behaviour in regards to how it performs as well as address some miss information that’s been posted around a number of places.

Hardware

The DJI Mavic 3 GPS module has been compared and tested against a number of others including the Here 2, Here 3 as well as some other random ones I have.

Based on my tests of my module my conclusions are there is no hardware/ design issue with the module , the chipset DJI have chosen the UBX-M8030 - KA is performing identically to other modules and there is zero reason the automotive variant is having any impact on the GPS performance. It’s difference between it and the other versions is simply maximum package temperature.

I can confirm there is no external SQI flash connected to the M8030 however is nether unusual or out of place for DJI.  They have been using the M8030 series since the Mavic Pro and the fleshless setup has been the same all along with them pushing the config at boot.

Testing this it’s not having any impact with both almanac and ephemerides data being retained on the internal memory on the short term. While external flash help with some specific needs it is not something that is going to be causing issues with the M3.  What’s worth noting is DJI have been using this GPS setup on the M1, M2, M Air and Mini series with zero issues.  In fact something interesting is the mini series does not have battery backup for retaining anything yet performance remains ok.

From a sensitivity standpoint the module is a little less sensitive than a Here 2 from Cubepilot with it averaging 3-5dbhz down however it’s not something that I believe is causing any impact and it’s performing smaller modules such as the M8Q , Hardware wise it’s as good as any other module and large 25mm antenna and ground plains and sensitively of the front end again appears good overall.  

Software
As there is no SQI flash module configuration is not stored and DJI push it to the module on boot, at this time we don’t know what the actual setting is DJI are using but they have a walled garden they have to play in and we can test in that garden as I have already.  

GPS Constellations

The Mavic 3 is the first consumer module to make a change in the satellite systems it’s using. Traditionally DJI have used GPS and Glonass however the Mavic 3 is the first to brake form that and use three systems with BeiDou and Gallalio replacing Glonass.

Having spent a lot of time testing the module in both system configurations ie GPS/Glonass and GPS/BeiDou/ Gallalio and learning the quirks of the module and Ublox I have found some interesting things.  

The M8030 series is capable of up-to 10hz scanning rates in single constellation mode, 5hz in dual mode with GPS and Glonass. In a three system mode with Galileo Ublox state the maximum rate is 3hz. While you can clock the module faster with these systems I have observed some issues if you do.   What’s interesting about this is there is a trade off when choosing 3 constellation’s and this reduced rate can have an impact on both overall HDOP, acquisition time and even est horizontal accuracy.  For instance I have observed on a number of occasions the module failing to get to the same levels of low HDOP sub 0.8 and horizontal accuracy below 1m at 3hz compared to using GPS and Glonass at 5hz that will quickly get down to 0.6 HDOP and less than a 0.6m.  This is somewhat dependent on satellite count of the Galileo and BeiDou system at the time.  

Having tested the power modes on the module too from full power to balanced ect I’m not seeing any major impact on performance and it’s unlikely DJI are cycling it lower as the power saving in this application is minimal.  

It’s also an observation that sat count for Galileo and Beidou seems to be more variable and there are many occasions where the two combined add up to the same as what you would get with Glonass.  When all the systems are strong with good sat count positional accuracy is very good but it does appear to struggle sat system as times once they are not as strong. This would also tie in with what DJI are saying in high latitude areas.  

There have been several occasions I have observed it seem to take a long time to bring in the BeiDou sats into the mix with gps and I do wonder if this is to do with the fact of it’s documented poor performance at times in certain part of the globe.

Overall there is nothing fundamentally different or wrong with either the module I have at least  or the choice of system with Galileo and BeiDou but I have seen enough of a difference to come to some opinions on what I think may be going on.  

I personally believe the biggest cause of the longer that most would like wait times is simply the switch from GPS/Glonass to the 3 sat system DJI is now using.  Coverage of these two systems with the reduced rate of 3hz in my tests is having an impact at times for sure, Beidou and Galileo system alone may be what’s largely at play here.  Most of DJI testing would have been done in China where BeiDou has the best coverage and this would have masked the issue.  

We don’t know how DJI are configuring the M3 GPS module and that’s something I would love to see however we know what walled garden they are in as they can’t push too far outside the boundaries of the Ublox limits, or at least we would hope they are not.

While there is still the possibility there being a specific hardware issues with some craft personally I think most of the people with longer times is simply as I have said above.  Perhaps there is something fundamentally wrong with the config DJI is using but tbh that’s very unlikely. I guess it’s possible there could be an issue at times where at boot the Ublox config is not accepted by the GPS module and as such it would boot to standard base config with GPS/Glonass and 1hz. But that could still out perform  what we are seeing still so not really likely tbh.

Also does DJI do checks on this and may be performing retires. It could explain some people seeing no sats at all for a few minutes.  It’s far more likely that there would be an issue with loading the config from the FC to the GPS at boot than the actual Ublox config it’s self. I could see this being something that could happen.  

At the End of the day DJI have been doing GPS a long time and you can even see that in their PCB designs with it very much being optimised over the years.  They ain’t new to this big issue in their own side is made likely.

However DJI statement is interesting when you look at it about high latitude areas and again imo it’s more system choice than anything at play here.

It’s also worth pondering that the use of the Gps, Galileo and BeiDou is not well used and there could be something in the Ublox firmware causing issues.  It was last updated in 2017 and a lot has changed since the.   It also worth noting that may be Ublox could be able to improve things I’m not sure the Ublox core firmware on the Ublox module in the M3 can be upgraded without SQI flash anyways.

Looking at what I have seen i think the mix of BeiDou/ Gallalio compared to Glonass is just takes longer to lock in at low HDOP levels is affecting the most. We don’t know what DJI are using to set their point of it being good to go but if its HDOP or positional accuracy then I can see why it’s taking longer.  

As for why the GPS performance has gotten worse after the firmware update in late 2021, my own conjuncture on this is i think DJI did a tweak to improve GPS stability in flight and that’s resulted in longer acquisition times.  Perhaps they broke something but at release a number of people noted that the hover and flight performer of the Mavic 3 was not as good as previous models and there were even sporadic reports of big issues after take off.  I even noticed this my self in my review and while we don’t know what measure DJI specifically uses for it’s home lock ie horizontal accuracy or HDOP it does make sense that to address these complaints DJI would tighten down the minimum levels of accuracy for the GPS but the result of that is longer wait times on the current GPS mix.  

The question then is why are some people affected and others not.  Honesty I think this is simply location and sat count on the day for BeiDou and Gallalio even with good Almanac data.  

This would also explain why it’s not been a simple as a firmware fix as they are balancing good lock time with overall GPS accuracy.  

As for what they will do next. DJI have said there is firmware coming now, I would not be shocked to see an algorithm where Glonass is brought back into the mix and is chosen based on location or sat signal.  

I am continuing to test and I would love a craft to hook up to but this is where I’m am at for now, I will be posting the video tomorrow but this covers it all.
2022-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mads Tech Posted at 4-6 16:10
Over the last week I have been doing a lot of testing on the DJI Mavic 3 GPS module to try and understand it’s behaviour in regards to how it performs as well as address some miss information that’s been posted around a number of places.

Hardware

Thanks for all you put into this , Im sure plenty will learn a lot from it. Although it doesn’t fix the issues some are having, it certainly is an education on how the sensor works in relation to the drones we all fly.

Thanks for honest and open testing and opinions, hopefully from time to time you continue to pop in here to give much valued information and opinions. Look forward to the video.
2022-4-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Over the last week I have been doing a lot of testing on the DJI Mavic 3 GPS module to try and understand it’s behaviour in regards to how it performs as well as address some miss information that’s been posted around a number of places.

Hardware

Mads, I know very little about GPS, but this video was created by a Chinese repair service on the teardown of the M3. Could the connection between the antenna and the module have any effect? Just curious. Just something else to ponder.
Go to the 2:40 mark and pause it.

2022-4-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holding them to their marketing is reasonable!  
2022-4-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-6 13:53

On topic of "magical fix"...

Forum shows you are located in Australia.  Which has latitude range of -11 thru -39 degrees, a low latitude.  

In another thread, two posters are saying DJI is telling them slow GPS start-up problem is tied to lack of Internet access and/or flying from high latitudes.

High latitudes are +66 to 90 (north pole) and -66 to -90 (south pole).  For example, for +66 side - Alaska, Northern Canada, and Northern Russia.   Antarctic is only -66 landmass I know of.

In same thread, others are pointing out their MP3 is suffering from slow GPS start-up problem, despite them being in what is consider low-latitudes.

All this to say, it does not look like a "magical fix" is forth coming.  A shame for those suffering through ridiculous long GPS start-up location fix.

Best of luck!
2022-4-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-6 16:36
Mads, I know very little about GPS, but this video was created by a Chinese repair service on the teardown of the M3. Could the connection between the antenna and the module have any effect? Just curious. Just somethink else to ponder.
Go to the 2:40 mark and pause it.

Sure an intermittent or bad connection between GPS module and GPS antennas could cause GPS satellite reception problems.  

Hard to tell from video, but it appears MP3 is using pressure pads to make connections to GPS antennas.  Deformed case could cause a pad to have connection problems, as well as contamination from manufacturing.
2022-4-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-6 17:15
Sure an intermittent or bad connection between GPS module and GPS antennas could cause GPS satellite reception problems.  

Hard to tell from video, but it appears MP3 is using pressure pads to make connections to GPS antennas.  Deformed case could cause a pad to have connection problems, as well as contamination from manufacturing.

That's my thinking. With the voltages that are being dealt with, it wouldn't take much to have a large effect.
2022-4-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-6 17:07
On topic of "magical fix"...

Forum shows you are located in Australia.  Which has latitude range of -11 thru -39 degrees, a low latitude.  

And my RC Pro is always connected to the internet too; simply cannot imagine how much worse it could have been, if it wasn't...
2022-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI have used GPS and Glonass however the Mavic 3 is the first to brake form that and use three systems with BeiDou and Galileo replacing Glonass
I personally believe the biggest cause of the longer that most would like wait times is simply the switch from GPS/Glonass to the 3 sat system DJI is now using.  Coverage of these two systems with the reduced rate of 3hz in my tests is having an impact at times for sure
If that was correct, it should also be an issue for the Air 2S and Mini 2.
Both use GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO and would be scanning at 3hz, but it's not a problem with those models.

while we don’t know what measure DJI specifically uses for it’s home lock ie horizontal accuracy or HDOP it does make sense that to address these complaints DJI would tighten down the minimum levels of accuracy for the GPS but the result of that is longer wait times on the current GPS mix.  
But we do know that there's noty been an "accuracy" problem or TTFF issue with every other DJI drone so what need is there to "fix" something that hasn't been a problem?

As for what they will do next. DJI have said there is firmware coming now, I would not be shocked to see an algorithm where Glonass is brought back into the mix and is chosen based on location or sat signal.
If it was that simple, surely DJI would have got around to trying that somewhere in the past four months!!
Why would it take another 2 months before they could implement now?

2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hardware

So @Mad Tech, I am going to throw a spanner in the works in regards to different GPS modules. I now have 2 Mavic 3's as I acquired one recently very cheap. Both on FW 0600 and the one I got recently gets a lock with home point recorded in 1 minute, the other one supplied to me by Dji when my first drone flew away took 3 minutes and 20 seconds to get a home lock. How can 2 same drones, in the same spot take so vast of a different time to locks sats? To me the only logical explanation for this is that one drone is either a lemon or both have different chips sets.
**EDIT** This also proves that position of sats have nothing or very limited affect on this drone aquiring the home point lock in less time. Both drones connected to their RC-N1 with iphones, wifi off and mobile data on.
2022-4-6
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am busy downgrading the 2nd drone I have to 0400, which is the FW where all these problems with GPS started. I will then leave the drones aside for a few hours and test again.
2022-4-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

...but will two identical drones in teh same spot connect to the same satellites and treat them the same when it comes to scanning and locking, etc?
2022-4-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-6 17:58
So @Mad Tech, I am going to throw a spanner in the works in regards to different GPS modules. I now have 2 Mavic 3's as I acquired one recently very cheap. Both on FW 0600 and the one I got recently gets a lock with home point recorded in 1 minute, the other one supplied to me by Dji when my first drone flew away took 3 minutes and 20 seconds to get a home lock. How can 2 same drones, in the same spot take so vast of a different time to locks sats? To me the only logical explanation for this is that one drone is either a lemon or both have different chips sets.
**EDIT** This also proves that position of sats have nothing or very limited affect on this drone aquiring the home point lock in less time. Both drones connected to their RC-N1 with iphones, wifi off and mobile data on.

First off, wow!  2 M3s.  Hope you are satisfied with the deal.  Since you have the benefit of testing with 2 M3s.  Would you be willing to confirm the behavior repeats across multiple cold starts?  That will take some time.  Would you be willing to swap mobile devices you connect to the RCs (unless you are using a smart controller)?  That should make no difference, but it will turn "should" to validated.
2022-4-6
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren, I have two as well and they get the same results pretty consistently. In order to do an accurate "controlled" comparison, there are some important steps to make sure they both are testing in the same environment. These steps may sound pedantic but they are important.

Both should be on the same FW, with the same settings. Since we don't know which settings impact GPS, even ones that seem unrelated should be consistent. Both should be powered on at the same time until they get a home point. And then they should be shut down and left untouched for 24 hours. This assures they have downloaded ephemeris and almanac but it will be out of date for the test assuring a cold boot.

For the actual test, they should be placed 10+ft apart both with an equally unobstructed view of the sky. Remote controls similarly should be 10+ft apart and for good measure at least 5+ft from the drone they are controlling. Exact distances don't matter but they shouldn't be right next to each other. This is important for consistent RF. Both RC should be powered on and then both drones powered on, starting a stop watch running on the first one. Wait for home points on both and then subtract the difference.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Charles Adams Posted at 4-6 19:30
First off, wow!  2 M3s.  Hope you are satisfied with the deal.  Since you have the benefit of testing with 2 M3s.  Would you be willing to confirm the behavior repeats across multiple cold starts?  That will take some time.  Would you be willing to swap mobile devices you connect to the RCs (unless you are using a smart controller)?  That should make no difference, but it will turn "should" to validated.

Don't have RC PRO, using the standard remotes. I will swap the iPhones and test but 1 iPhone is a 12 pro max and the other is a 13 pro max so the phones will not make a difference to acquisition times. I downgraded the 2nd unit unit to the problem FW 0400 and tested and it got a full 13 sats and home point locked in 90 seconds flat while the other sat at 9 sats for 3 minutes and then at 3 minutes and 45 seconds locked home point. So it seems the problem FW which came out in December does not affect all the Mavic 3 alike.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ianwood Posted at 4-6 21:06
Suren, I have two as well and they get the same results pretty consistently. In order to do an accurate "controlled" comparison, there are some important steps to make sure they both are testing in the same environment. These steps may sound pedantic but they are important.

Both should be on the same FW, with the same settings. Since we don't know which settings impact GPS, even ones that seem unrelated should be consistent. Both should be powered on at the same time until they get a home point. And then they should be shut down and left untouched for 24 hours. This assures they have downloaded ephemeris and almanac but it will be out of date for the test assuring a cold boot.

I tested both with the 0600 FW, half meter apart, on my deck, The 2nd unit of which the guy said he bought the drone in December, locked sats much much faster by over 2 minutes. I will be waiting for the magical update that is to come in the next 2 months but for now it seems my second drone has better hardware, and I have Airsense working on this drone.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 4-6 19:15
...but will two identical drones in teh same spot connect to the same satellites and treat them the same when it comes to scanning and locking, etc?

Yes it should unless there is some magical force only giving sat reception to 1 drone faster
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Charles Adams Posted at 4-6 19:30

Oh, the 2nd drone, a guy posted on Facebook market place and was looking for a cash buy, I saw it, messaged him and drove there, almost 100km away and picked up the drone. This is where I learned that if the drone is tied to an account, the original owner needs to release the drone before anyone else can use it, because this drone was tied to his account.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I just want to update also, the drone that is taking long to acquire sats, which started working fine with 0601 and 0600 but seems to have gone backwards again with 0600 is the same drone that I posted videos showing 6 minutes and 11 minutes to get a lock. I will wait the 2 mw but took that drone back to 0601 which then gives me 60 to 90 seconds lock times again. There is something magical in that 0601 FW as it locks sats very fast compared to the official release by Dji and that FW has no issues at all so Why did Dji not release that FW?
2022-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-6 21:36
I just want to update also, the drone that is taking long to acquire sats, which started working fine with 0601 and 0600 but seems to have gone backwards again with 0600 is the same drone that I posted videos showing 6 minutes and 11 minutes to get a lock. I will wait the 2 mw but took that drone back to 0601 which then gives me 60 to 90 seconds lock times again. There is something magical in that 0601 FW as it locks sats very fast compared to the official release by Dji and that FW has no issues at all so Why did Dji not release that FW?

Im not sure why you’re asking me that question, or are you saying dji are holding back the FW for a laugh, why don’t you ask the guy you got it from. You say 601 it’s magical but he’s still saying and posting on here its taking him 7/8 minutes to lock GPS , so again it could be magical for you. But there is so much BS going around particularly from the guy you got it from its hard for anyone to take anyone serious. My M3 gets quick acquisition lock and Im not on 600, so go figure, and I’m sure for anyone really stuck you could offer them 601. Its all a bit bazaar…
2022-4-6
Use props
Mads Tech
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is my last comment on all this however I want to make a few points.  

The other models using GPS, Glonass and Galileo does perform very differently in my tests than the M3 with GPS, BeiDou and Galileo.  Even at lower refresh rates od 3hz with Glonass in the mix overall performances is better period.   

Again it’s not apples for apples and the switch from Glonass to BeiDou has an impact.  

Secondly I have never said I will be providing the answers.  

My testing was to primarily prove or disprove the lies around the chipset that was posted and provide facts.  

That’s it.  

2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 21:51
Im not sure why you’re asking me that question, or are you saying dji are holding back the FW for a laugh, why don’t you ask the guy you got it from. You say 601 it’s magical but he’s still saying and posting on here its taking him 7/8 minutes to lock GPS , so again it could be magical for you. But there is so much BS going around particularly from the guy you got it from its hard for anyone to take anyone serious. My M3 gets quick acquisition lock and Im not on 600, so go figure, and I’m sure for anyone really stuck you could offer them 601. Its all a bit bazaar…

This question was not posed to you as you were not quoted in that. It was posted to this thread which is on the Forum so based to either Dji or others that can answer it. Please don't get rude with me, it won't be pretty. Your reply to me seems harsh and I have not quoted you in an posts. Who ever I talk with and associate with is not any of your business so leave me out of your personal problems.
2022-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-6 21:59
This question was not posed to you as you were not quoted in that. It was posted to this thread which is on the Forum so based to either Dji or others that can answer it. Please don't get rude with me, it won't be pretty. Your reply to me seems harsh and I have not quoted you in an posts. Who ever I talk with and associate with is not any of your business so leave me out of your personal problems.

It was posted on this thread to this thread which I started. But it doesn’t seem like you want to answer except to threaten. My reply seemed harsh to you “ my reply was a question and nothing more. Don’t be posting stuff if you cannot answer anything about it.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 22:05
It was posted on this thread to this thread which I started. But it doesn’t seem like you want to answer except to threaten. My reply seemed harsh to you “ my reply was a question and nothing more. Don’t be posting stuff if you cannot answer anything about it.

Same like when I make threads you come on it and post when I ask questions of Dji. It may be your thread but not your forum, . Read your reply to me and when you can understand it let me know. I don't pass threats to anyone, I advice of consequences.
2022-4-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 21:51
Im not sure why you’re asking me that question, or are you saying dji are holding back the FW for a laugh, why don’t you ask the guy you got it from. You say 601 it’s magical but he’s still saying and posting on here its taking him 7/8 minutes to lock GPS , so again it could be magical for you. But there is so much BS going around particularly from the guy you got it from its hard for anyone to take anyone serious. My M3 gets quick acquisition lock and Im not on 600, so go figure, and I’m sure for anyone really stuck you could offer them 601. Its all a bit bazaar…

My fair comment is Hallmark, I don't think you've been to a place where your mavic3 will just sit there forever and NOT getting a home point. Like yours, my mavic3 also gets a home point within 70-120s on average, but there ARE locations where it will NEVER get a home point. The GPS problem is REAL. Those soon to be added features are pointless when you can't even take off.
2022-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-6 22:09
Same like when I make threads you come on it and post when I ask questions of Dji. It may be your thread but not your forum, . Read your reply to me and when you can understand it let me know. I don't pass threats to anyone, I advice of consequences.

“Please don't get rude with me, it won't be pretty.“

So what’s that ?
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 22:12

So what’s that ?

Just what it said, don't get rude to me, it won't be pretty
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 22:12

So what’s that ?

The thread is getting derailed because of your vendetta with NGC, it was on point for some time and no one brought him up but you did and now this thread goes off topic. Please stop with it and move on from it. He does not control your life and neither does he control any of ours. If he shares FW with me, that good for me and my association or conversation with anyone has no bearing to this forum so it should not be brought up.
2022-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules