Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-6 22:15
The thread is getting derailed because of your vendetta with NGC, it was on point for some time and no one brought him up but you did and now this thread goes off topic. Please stop with it and move on from it. He does not control your life and neither does he control any of ours. If he shares FW with me, that good for me and my association or conversation with anyone has no bearing to this forum so it should not be brought up.

So the fact I haven’t made 1 single comment to NGC or his aliases on this whole thread, have completely ignored him. Im derailing the thread. Explain that one to me ? So you bring up the fact that he gave you the FW and he tells everyone he gave it to you , but no one can discuss it. If you don’t want to discuss it don’t continually bring it up, because between both of you the message is totally conflicting , for you its magical for him its always different.
2022-4-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mads Tech Posted at 4-6 21:52
This is my last comment on all this however I want to make a few points.  

The other models using GPS, Glonass and Galileo does perform very differently in my tests than the M3 with GPS, BeiDou and Galileo.  Even at lower refresh rates od 3hz with Glonass in the mix overall performances is better period.   

My testing was to primarily prove or disprove the lies around the chipset that was posted and provide facts.

The hardest thing for us average Joes on this topic, is to distinguish between the 'facts' and the 'lies'. To me something wrong with the Mavic3 is the 'fact'. With all due respect, to say the Mavic3's GPS behavior is normal is the 'lie'. Sorry.
2022-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mads Tech Posted at 4-6 21:52
This is my last comment on all this however I want to make a few points.  

The other models using GPS, Glonass and Galileo does perform very differently in my tests than the M3 with GPS, BeiDou and Galileo.  Even at lower refresh rates od 3hz with Glonass in the mix overall performances is better period.   

My testing was to primarily prove or disprove the lies around the chipset that was posted and provide facts.  
It seems to be just you and H that care about the alleged lies.
What concerns everyone else is: will DJI ever find the problem and fix it.
Whether the thrust washer was put in wrong, the dilithium crystals are old or someone misunderstood what someone else told them is irrelevant.
2022-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 4-6 22:11
My fair comment is Hallmark, I don't think you've been to a place where your mavic3 will just sit there forever and NOT getting a home point. Like yours, my mavic3 also gets a home point within 70-120s on average, but there ARE locations where it will NEVER get a home point. The GPS problem is REAL. Those soon to be added features are pointless when you can't even take off.

Well I fly both rural and cities, in and on mountains. I’ve had GPS take from less than a minute to just over 2 minutes. And I’m aware the some have taken much longer.  But I have listened just like you to claims it IS hardware to it’s definitely SW. in fact just a short while ago and above if you read Surens post 601 is a Magical FW update, other posts that were deleted complaining that 601 offered little difference. So your correct it is hard to differentiate between the lies and anything else. And even if people post directly and consistently what dji are saying, it’s immediately debunked as “ you’re just being told more lies” But the more outrageous posts are usually given the greatest attention . All I can say to you is , it it were me and I was in a location I should be receiving GPS, and I was getting none then that means I cannot fly the drone which clearly means it’s broke and should be returned .
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 22:05
It was posted on this thread to this thread which I started. But it doesn’t seem like you want to answer except to threaten. My reply seemed harsh to you “ my reply was a question and nothing more. Don’t be posting stuff if you cannot answer anything about it.

Hello, hallmark007. We received many users' reports. After discussion, we decided to give you a "warn". The Forum community is surrounded by so many pilots and should be peaceful and helpful as we expected at first. Friendly communication is welcome anywhere and we think it should not be an exception here. Please kindly know that. We, moderators, hope that you can keep helping people in the forum as always. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-7 00:21
Well I fly both rural and cities, in and on mountains. I’ve had GPS take from less than a minute to just over 2 minutes. And I’m aware the some have taken much longer.  But I have listened just like you to claims it IS hardware to it’s definitely SW. in fact just a short while ago and above if you read Surens post 601 is a Magical FW update, other posts that were deleted complaining that 601 offered little difference. So your correct it is hard to differentiate between the lies and anything else. And even if people post directly and consistently what dji are saying, it’s immediately debunked as “ you’re just being told more lies” But the more outrageous posts are usually given the greatest attention . All I can say to you is , it it were me and I was in a location I should be receiving GPS, and I was getting none then that means I cannot fly the drone which clearly means it’s broke and should be returned .

All I can say to you is , it it were me and I was in a location I should be receiving GPS, and I was getting none then that means I cannot fly the drone which clearly means it’s broke and should be returned .

Then I am sincerely happy for you, because obviously you haven't been to a place where your Mavic3 just sits there forever and not registering a home point. The only  way I can judge whether I should be receiving GPS or not, is by trying with either my Mavic2 or Mini2, and so far there have been 2 locations that the Mavic3 failed completely, while the other two managed in 2 minutes. In this case is my mavic3 deemed 'broke', and be returned to DJI?
2022-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 4-7 00:40
All I can say to you is , it it were me and I was in a location I should be receiving GPS, and I was getting none then that means I cannot fly the drone which clearly means it’s broke and should be returned .

Then I am sincerely happy for you, because obviously you haven't been to a place where your Mavic3 just sits there forever and not registering a home point. The only  way I can judge whether I should be receiving GPS or not, is by trying with either my Mavic2 or Mini2, and so far there have been 2 locations that the Mavic3 failed completely, while the other two managed in 2 minutes. In this case is my mavic3 deemed 'broke', and be returned to DJI?

Ok then only way I can explain this is. If the drone is not getting receiving GPS , it means you cannot fly you can’t even take off, the drone is bricked . So why would you be expected to keep the drone or wait 3/5 months or longer to use it. If it was a TV you bought would you not return it ?
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-7
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

The Saint Posted at 4-6 14:04
agreed.  lol.

i'll probably buy the next dji drone as well.  it's just sad when dji (not just dji but any company) doesn't value so much a stellar record, a pristine reputation, and as close to perfection as possible.  so many lately have forgotten the finer details and the importance of being open and transparent and the customer always comes first.  and, it's not getting any better; seems to be getting worse.

The exact reason why dji doesn’t feel the need to fix its problems.
2022-4-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

GTS 350 Posted at 4-7 13:11
The exact reason why dji doesn’t feel the need to fix its problems.

i disagree.  i absolutely do not feel that dji feels like they don't need to fix their problems because their customers will buy their product regardless.  nobody feels that way, not amazon, not apple, not telsa.  certainly not dji.  i understand that is the popular sentiment but it's only felt by those who have never been on that side.  there may be a dozen reason to feel no need to fix a problem but feeling like the customers will buy and use their product anyway isn't one of them.
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-7
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631014 ft
United States

Mad's Tech has just posted a 43 minute video with his findings on the DJI GPS module.  
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I got out of it Mads view is it could well be a change of Satellite systems that is causing the issue and he actually showed data from testing to support that.
2022-4-7
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate that he stated in the first minute of his video, that he still doesn't know the cause of M3 GPS problem.  Personally, I didn't see a point in watching further.  YMMV.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 4-7 17:57
I got out of it Mads view is it could well be a change of Satellite systems that is causing the issue and he actually showed data from testing to support that.

What i figured out is that because the ADS-B and GPS sits on the same PCB, that is the culprit why we dont have that working as well which comes back to my speculation i made about that same thing which proves that i might have been right
2022-4-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mads Tech Posted at 4-6 16:10
Over the last week I have been doing a lot of testing on the DJI Mavic 3 GPS module to try and understand it’s behaviour in regards to how it performs as well as address some miss information that’s been posted around a number of places.

Hardware

After reading through your post, my thought is: Sure would be nice if the customer / owner / pilot could choose which GPS satellite system or systems is used.  For testing, being able to disable Bei/Dou / Gallalo could prove helpful.
2022-4-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-6 17:43
DJI have used GPS and Glonass however the Mavic 3 is the first to brake form that and use three systems with BeiDou and Galileo replacing Glonass
I personally believe the biggest cause of the longer that most would like wait times is simply the switch from GPS/Glonass to the 3 sat system DJI is now using.  Coverage of these two systems with the reduced rate of 3hz in my tests is having an impact at times for sure

As for what they will do next. DJI have said there is firmware coming now, I would not be shocked to see an algorithm where Glonass is brought back into the mix and is chosen based on location or sat signal.
If it was that simple, surely DJI would have got around to trying that somewhere in the past four months!!
Why would it take another 2 months before they could implement now?

Priorities lie elsewhere...  As in DJI Mini 3?  Or something in works.

DJI allocates X amount of resources (money, time, employees) to a drone project, and once resources are used up, the drone project moves to low-priority.

2022-4-7
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

StanMaster Posted at 4-7 02:22
Thank you Wanda for stepping in. Hallmark’s abuse has gone on too long without you guys doing anything about it. Hopefully a “warning” will set him straight but I’m not optimistic.

Thank You Wanda also.
2022-4-7
Use props
Mads Tech
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StanMaster Posted at 4-7 17:04
43 uncharismatic minutes with no conclusion by the goblin. Just as expected and predicted.[Image]

Hay David, nice to see nothing changes.  Still the same old same old
2022-4-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hi Mads
Contrary to some responses on this forum I think the trouble you have gone to and facts you have shown have been relevant and educational for many and quite possibly go some way to providing the best explanation I have seen for the issues plaguing the M3. Thanks for giving it a go and providing some fascinating data.
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_mWfIDtqrjCH6
New

United States

StanMaster Posted at 4-7 17:04
43 uncharismatic minutes with no conclusion by the goblin. Just as expected and predicted.

I learned something from the video. I learned that sometimes goblins live in woodsheds.
2022-4-8
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mads Tech Posted at 4-7 23:22
Hay David, nice to see nothing changes.  Still the same old same old

I watched your video Mads.  My conclusions are that any conclusions I express that do not completely and totally validate the conclusions of a few other individuals in these forums will be met with scorn and derision.  I further conclude that time taken to investigate an issue, regardless of how carefully and scientifically approached, will be mocked if that time is not spent supporting the conclusions of a few other individuals in these forums.
2022-4-8
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 4-8 04:52
I watched your video Mads.  My conclusions are that any conclusions I express that do not completely and totally validate the conclusions of a few other individuals in these forums will be met with scorn and derision.  I further conclude that time taken to investigate an issue, regardless of how carefully and scientifically approached, will be mocked if that time is not spent supporting the conclusions of a few other individuals in these forums.

Testing a similar GPS component in isolation is not going to prove much.  I think we can all agree it's how the GPS component is used within the context of an M3 that matters.

To your point, it's unfortunate that we can't seem to discuss this problem without bias or prejudice.  I suppose that's to be expected here.  Sometimes I get caught up in that, although I try not to.

Anyways... there's always the M3S to look forward to.
2022-4-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 4-8 04:52

Well said, Charles. I would concur, but that would indicate a preference.
2022-4-8
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-8
Use props
_StanMaster
New

France

Please ignore me.  I have issues.  
2022-4-8
Use props
_StanMaster
New

Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 4-7 13:31
i disagree.  i absolutely do not feel that dji feels like they don't need to fix their problems because their customers will buy their product regardless.  nobody feels that way, not amazon, not apple, not telsa.  certainly not dji.  i understand that is the popular sentiment but it's only felt by those who have never been on that side.  there may be a dozen reason to feel no need to fix a problem but feeling like the customers will buy and use their product anyway isn't one of them.

Please ignore me, my meds are late this month due to the terrible post.  
2022-4-8
Use props
_DAFlys
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-8
Use props
_DAFlys
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-8
Use props
_DAFlys
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that was quite a long video!
2022-4-9
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-4 05:33
Perhaps if I said: a practical difference.
Or maybe I could have given a few sentences to indicate that I meant anything that will actually improve things for users.
You know ... something that makes a difference to your use of the M3.

No you're just being an obnoxious idiot for no reason.
2022-4-13
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

A speculation from second hand is a rumor, I just don't get why this forum is filled with garbage. It's like a fight to be in first place here when 99% of the forum users outside the small group of trolls don't care. Come here with your drone problems so others can help and share experience, the rest needs to be taken elsewhere already...
2022-4-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JayOhio Posted at 4-15 13:45
A speculation from second hand is a rumor, I just don't get why this forum is filled with garbage. It's like a fight to be in first place here when 99% of the forum users outside the small group of trolls don't care. Come here with your drone problems so others can help and share experience, the rest needs to be taken elsewhere already...

"I just don't get why this forum is filled with garbage"

"Come here with your drone problems so others can help and share experience,"

There are several reasons why.
1) DJI is terriable about communicting with its customer base.   It is mostly a one-way street, customer to DJI.   Which opens forum up to speculation or the self proclaimed Expert Troll.

2) DJI's troubleshooting amounts to try this, try that, try other, and try this (again).  

Or send it in for repair, which leads to loss of use and chance of getting back a refurbish product with different or similar problem.  Still nothing forum informative as to why so many have problem of _______.

3) DJI will not Ban several well known Repeat Offender Trolls.   Result, Repeat Offender Trolls continue to brow-beat other members into not participating.

4) Repeat Offender Trolls have been known to post incorrect information, then use their fake accounts to back their incorrect information and attack anyone who dares challenge them.  Result, garbage rules.
2022-4-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Caecilius Posted at 4-17 04:38
And- garbage shills.

Another account?
2022-4-17
Use props