Restricted areas and DJI Go 4 confusion
553 1 2022-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCPilot
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm in the UK and am thinking of buying a drone, possibly the Air 2S, but first thought I'd check whether there are any flight restrictions in my area. The results are confusing to say the least ......

According to the app Altitude Angel/Drone Assist UK I am just inside the edge of a red restricted zone.

I get a similar result when looking at the NATS UAS map here:

https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/cms-nats/opencms/en/uas-restriction-zones/

However, thought I'd also check using the DJI Go 4 app (as I don't have a drone I just select 'Enter Device' and then select 'Enter the Camera View' to display the map) and, surprisingly, that doesn't put me in any restricted areas - the closest northerly edge of a restricted area circle on the map is about two miles to the south of me.

What am I missing?

Are there other ways to check this?

Is there another DJI app that I should be using?

Naturally I don't want to buy a drone if I can't legally fly it but the DJI Go 4 app is indicating that it's okay to fly.

2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RCPilot. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For further assistance with regards to this matter, kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe Department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2022-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules