Virtual flight app issues came up with latest firmware
4436 34 2022-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

Dear all,

since I updated my goggles and/or iphone IOS to the latest version I am no longer able to use the virtual flight app.

I am using Goggles v2 with an iPhone 13 pro. Everything was running fine before i did firmware upgrade with the goggles and IOS upgrade on the mobile but now nothing is working any longer. I can connect all devices and run the app without any troubles but then suddenly the simulation withing the goggles starts flickering and the goggles restarts itself from time to time or loses connection to the remote controller. Anyone else having this?

BTW: the picture on the mobile phone stays perfect all the time, even while the goggles are flickering. I already tried other cables, restarted the iphone and reinstalled the flight app without success.

Best, Matt

2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I confirm that is your phone using version iOS 15.4? We are sorry for the DJI Virtual Flight and iOS 15.4 compatibility issue. Our engineers are aware of this issue and will fix it by releasing a new version of DJI Virtual Flight. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2022-4-5
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

15.4.1 IOS
You are absolutely right. Before updating all was running fine.
2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spaxs Posted at 4-5 22:41
15.4.1 IOS
You are absolutely right. Before updating all was running fine.

We are sorry for this issue. Our engineer has located the cause and is working on it. Hope you can wait for the next version of DJI Virtual Flight to solve this problem. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-5
Use props
fans5dc7c22b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258576 ft
United Kingdom

The DJI Virtual Flight Simulator was a MAJOR selling point of the DJI FPV Combo. It's good to hear that an engineer has located the problem and is working to fix it. Let's hope an update comes very soon.
2022-4-6
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

fans5dc7c22b Posted at 4-6 05:02
The DJI Virtual Flight Simulator was a MAJOR selling point of the DJI FPV Combo. It's good to hear that an engineer has located the problem and is working to fix it. Let's hope an update comes very soon.

You are right, and the flight app is absolutely necessary to learn manual mode flying. So hopefully the solution does not take weeks or even month before it will be released by DJI.

BTW: I asked myself why they do not provide a windows based software to install it on the laptop or pc. This would make it much easier than this iphone and ipad connection bull.... Install the software, connect glasses and remote control to the windows machine and done. This cannot be that big problem for a software engineer.
2022-4-6
Use props
fans5dc7c22b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258576 ft
United Kingdom

Spaxs Posted at 4-6 05:13
You are right, and the flight app is absolutely necessary to learn manual mode flying. So hopefully the solution does not take weeks or even month before it will be released by DJI.

BTW: I asked myself why they do not provide a windows based software to install it on the laptop or pc. This would make it much easier than this iphone and ipad connection bull.... Install the software, connect glasses and remote control to the windows machine and done. This cannot be that big problem for a software engineer.
I had to buy a second hand iPhone as they don't do an Android app. Imagine my disappointment I even went through the downgrade process to get iOS15.3 but Apple don't let you go past 15.4, and to do it unofficially seems like a bit of a nightmate. Anyway, I've downloaded Liftoff now and there's a new free add-on for the DJI FPV drone. The functionality of all the buttons isn't simulated though so I really do hope they sort out DJI Virtual Flight Simulator. Plus, you want the thrill of the goggles too right?!
2022-4-6
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

fans5dc7c22b Posted at 4-6 07:34
I had to buy a second hand iPhone as they don't do an Android app. Imagine my disappointment  I even went through the downgrade process to get iOS15.3 but Apple don't let you go past 15.4, and to do it unofficially seems like a bit of a nightmate. Anyway, I've downloaded Liftoff now and there's a new free add-on for the DJI FPV drone. The functionality of all the buttons isn't simulated though so I really do hope they sort out DJI Virtual Flight Simulator. Plus, you want the thrill of the goggles too right?!

I am having a bunch of old iPhone 8, 10, XS and so to my hands but I want them to make it work to an updated mobile instead of an old one. I bought an up to date mobile to prevent exactly that issues after I had an old iPad where I didn’t get it run in the past.
2022-4-6
Use props
bailecm
lvl.1

United States

Adding a +1 here for being impacted and hoping for a fix soon.

I have been using Virtual Flight for a few minutes each evening for a couple of weeks, then the very next evening after updating my iPad to 15.4.1, it is no longer usable. Through the goggles, the image is partially pixelated with bright colors and the goggles will reboot after 30-60 seconds or just lose connection. Similar to mentioned above, the image is clear on the tablet. Before coming here, I also tried different cables, and also successfully used the DJI Fly app (on Android and IOS) to view clear video from the drone.
2022-4-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bailecm Posted at 4-9 14:24
Adding a +1 here for being impacted and hoping for a fix soon.

I have been using Virtual Flight for a few minutes each evening for a couple of weeks, then the very next evening after updating my iPad to 15.4.1, it is no longer usable. Through the goggles, the image is partially pixelated with bright colors and the goggles will reboot after 30-60 seconds or just lose connection. Similar to mentioned above, the image is clear on the tablet. Before coming here, I also tried different cables, and also successfully used the DJI Fly app (on Android and IOS) to view clear video from the drone.

I'm sorry to hear that. We have urged engineers to fix this problem as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience.
2022-4-9
Use props
djiuser_sZ864cV2Kxwg
New

Germany

DJI guys, really, why can't you get this fixed in more than a month? This is just embarrassing.
2022-4-27
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_sZ864cV2Kxwg Posted at 4-27 09:50
DJI guys, really, why can't you get this fixed in more than a month? This is just embarrassing.

This is called really bad after marked service. User buys expensive products and nobody cares afterwards.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_Cxl0GkC4n8zC
New

Malta

What is happening? I think engineers do not have a clue about the issue and still investigating, because one month is a lot for this issue… and was not even a major release by IOS
2022-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spaxs Posted at 4-27 09:54
This is called really bad after marked service. User buys expensive products and nobody cares afterwards.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. It is preliminarily determined that this is caused by a compatibility issue after the iOS system is updated to v15.4. Our team is working hard to solve this issue. It takes some time. You can also download a third-party simulator from a computer to connect to the remote controller for simulation. For example, DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF, or other simulators could be used. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Cxl0GkC4n8zC Posted at 4-27 12:47
What is happening? I think engineers do not have a clue about the issue and still investigating, because one month is a lot for this issue… and was not even a major release by IOS

It is preliminarily determined that this is caused by a compatibility issue after the iOS system is updated to v15.4. Currently, our engineers have identified the issue, which is not a hardware issue and does not affect the actual flight. And our team is working hard to solve this issue. It takes some time. You can also download a third-party simulator from a computer to connect to the remote controller for simulation. For example, DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF, or other simulators could be used. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_19sXndSBgSwS
New

Algeria

Hi any news regarding the Update ?
2022-4-28
Use props
pia12254
lvl.2
United States

Same issue here. Very frustrating. Especially the delayed timeframe from DJI to issue a fix for the software.

I could understand if it were a small mom & pop type company. But a company as large as DJI has no excuse for not quickly issuing a fix for an issue that makes their software unusable.

Very disappointed.
2022-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pia12254 Posted at 4-28 18:40
Same issue here. Very frustrating. Especially the delayed timeframe from DJI to issue a fix for the software.

I could understand if it were a small mom & pop type company. But a company as large as DJI has no excuse for not quickly issuing a fix for an issue that makes their software unusable.

Hi, there. we have received related feedback. It is preliminarily determined that this is caused by a compatibility issue after the iOS system is updated to v15.4. Currently, the DJI engineers have identified the issue, which is not a hardware issue and does not affect the actual flight.

It is recommended to use a device with an earlier version of iOS for virtual flight or download a third-party simulator from a computer to connect to the remote controller for simulation. For example, DRL, DCL, LIFTOFF, or other simulators could be used.

And we have urged the relevant to fix this issue asap, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pia12254 Posted at 4-28 18:40

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This compatibility issue has been resolved by our engineer, but it still takes a while to upload to the App Store. You could try to download this version of Virtual Flight as a temporary solution. We will send you the link via PM.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_19sXndSBgSwS Posted at 4-28 17:33
Hi any news regarding the Update ?

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This compatibility issue has been resolved by our engineer, but it still takes a while to upload to the App Store. You could try to download this version of Virtual Flight as a temporary solution. We will send you the link via PM.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-29
Use props
pia12254
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 22:47

The App Store only takes 24-48 hours to approve an app update. What is the hold up?
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_lTTou20esy1n
New
Flight distance : 64098 ft
United States

Yes same here goggles re start and flickering
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

pia12254 Posted at 5-4 09:36
The App Store only takes 24-48 hours to approve an app update. What is the hold up?

Thanks for your attention. We will address it ASAP. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_lTTou20esy1n Posted at 5-4 17:59
Yes same here goggles re start and flickering

We have sent you a PM. Please have a check.
2022-5-4
Use props
MPDRONE
New
Spain

At first my problem was that the App did not save changes. So every time my progress would get lost and I had to go through the tutorial again and again.. I thought the problem was the update and I update my iphone. Good to know that now I cannot use the simulator at all.. I could understand if this was some kind of chinese unbranded drone but we are talking about a 1,500 Eur drone from the market leader. This is absurd.
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MPDRONE Posted at 5-14 01:47
At first my problem was that the App did not save changes. So every time my progress would get lost and I had to go through the tutorial again and again.. I thought the problem was the update and I update my iphone. Good to know that now I cannot use the simulator at all.. I could understand if this was some kind of chinese unbranded drone but we are talking about a 1,500 Eur drone from the market leader. This is absurd.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please try to update the APP to the latest version to see if it works?
2022-5-14
Use props
Pusha
lvl.1

Ukraine

Virtual Flight App never saves my progress after update. How do I fix this?
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Pusha Posted at 7-4 08:24
Virtual Flight App never saves my progress after update. How do I fix this?

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please tell us more details about your issue and provide us with a related screenshot? Thank you.
2022-7-4
Use props
fans68ea28ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114987 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,  when will the DJI virtual flight app support the googles integra and the rc motion 2?  Thanks and Greetings Martin
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans68ea28ee Posted at 5-12 10:26
Hello,  when will the DJI virtual flight app support the googles integra and the rc motion 2?  Thanks and Greetings Martin

Hello Martin, thank you for your inquiry, Currently, DJI Goggles Integra can be used with DJI FPV Remote Control 2/DJI FPV Motion Controller and connected to a mobile phone for DJI Virtual Flight, DJI RC Motion 2 is not supported at the moment, and we have not received the related information.
We will forward users' requirements to our engineers, thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-12
Use props
Aaron1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105138 ft
United Kingdom

fans68ea28ee Posted at 5-12 10:26
Any idea when we'll hear about that?
2023-5-23
Use props
Aaron1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105138 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-7-4 22:18
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please tell us more details about your issue and provide us with a related screenshot? Thank you.

Me too - It only remembers the levels I completed about a year ago.
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Aaron1970 Posted at 5-23 04:54
Any idea when we'll hear about that?

Hello, there. We are sorry that we do not have relevant information. Please stay tuned to our official website for later updates.
2023-5-24
Use props
djchino4
lvl.1

United States

Is there any fix to this issue with the pixels and iOS?
2-24 18:52
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djchino4 Posted at 2-24 18:52
Is there any fix to this issue with the pixels and iOS?

Hi there, you can download and install the latest DJI Virtual Flight through this link to see if it works. If not, please tell us more details about the issue you encountered. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight
2-25 00:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules