5696 21 2022-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I have been controlling my M3 with my standard RC with an iPad mini (latest edition) mounted on top and was (and am) happy with that combination. This week I have the opportunity to use the RC Pro and have tested it a few times now. Rc Pro has several practical advantages: the wheel to change the zoom level is one of the best, I think, together withh the extra customizable buttons. It seems to make the M3 react more fluently but a little tweaking with the joystick-response in the settings of DJI fly made both RC's almost equal in smoothness of the movements of the M3.
On the other hand the iPad mini has a (much) bigger screen and is performing well also.
Are there any users here who have more advanced experience with both systems and can tell me which they prefer ? (Taking into account the high pricelevel of the RC Pro, of course).

Thanks !
2022-4-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I used to use the standard RC with an I pad mini 4. It was great but once I had the smart controller and then the RC Pro I think it's far superior. Instant start up and no cables is a big plus for me. Plus the screen even though it is a little smaller than the I pad it is much more visible in direct sunlight. Sure the cost is a little high but I think its worth it.
2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-4-5
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi! I have Mavic 3 and just purchased Mini 3 Pro. Both with basic controllers, I've been thinking about getting a RC Pro or iPad Mini for the Mavic 3. Did you end up going with ipad?
2022-7-9
Use props
Dr Tone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166450 ft
Canada

I liked the Mini 6 screen size but the brightness and all in one of the RC Pro wins for me.  I find the pro has better reception with obstructions as well.
2022-7-9
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

My experience is with Samsung S21 ultra Exynos, s22 ultra Exynos and too many issues all the time, then Lenovo tablet Android 10 and 10" and since last week RC Pro which is awesome and really love it. I wanted to buy DJI RC from Mini 3 Pro, but found special offer for RC Pro and it's awesome. Even S22 ultra has higher brightness 1700nits vs RC Pro 1000nits, bigger screen which I was afraid of, but RC Pro is so fast, comfortable, ergonomics but totally overpriced.
2022-7-9
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

My experience is with Samsung S21 ultra Exynos, s22 ultra Exynos and too many issues all the time, then Lenovo tablet Android 10 and 10" and since last week RC Pro which is awesome and really love it. I wanted to buy DJI RC from Mini 3 Pro, but found special offer for RC Pro and it's awesome. Even S22 ultra has higher brightness 1700nits vs RC Pro 1000nits, bigger screen which I was afraid of, but RC Pro is so fast, comfortable, ergonomics but totally overpriced.
2022-7-9
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have never used the N1  with a ipad mini but I've used the phantom4 controller with one. Apart from having to fiddle with mounting it and having a cable dangling there, the unit felt  top heavy and simply just didn't feel comfortable in my hands. I would imagine the top-heaviness will be worse with the N1 being even lighter. And besides, the phantom4 controller had the C1, C2 buttons and the right dial while the N1 has none. Can imagine using a big bright display on a N1 will be like driving a modern super car with no buttons and shift paddles on the steering wheel
2022-7-9
Use props
FlippyFly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457323 ft
Canada

Heavily considering jumping from the RC-N1 with a 12 Pro Max to the RC-Pro. The reduced setup time, extended flight range, screen brightness and reduced risk of overheating are big pluses for me.
2022-7-9
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 7-9 12:44
Have never used the N1  with a ipad mini but I've used the phantom4 controller with one. Apart from having to fiddle with mounting it and having a cable dangling there, the unit felt  top heavy and simply just didn't feel comfortable in my hands. I would imagine the top-heaviness will be worse with the N1 being even lighter. And besides, the phantom4 controller had the C1, C2 buttons and the right dial while the N1 has none. Can imagine using a big bright display on a N1 will be like driving a modern super car with no buttons and shift paddles on the steering wheel

Same here, also have phantom 4 which had a more functional remote which I use with an ipad mini 5, as well as with mini 2. The RC pro is great, quicker start up time, no issues with screen dimming of devices when they get warm, a useful extra wheel for zoom plus other programmable buttons, shame it's so expensive, but feels like it should have been standard with the mavic 3 as it is with the cine version of.
2022-7-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

escore Posted at 7-9 08:27
Hi! I have Mavic 3 and just purchased Mini 3 Pro. Both with basic controllers, I've been thinking about getting a RC Pro or iPad Mini for the Mavic 3. Did you end up going with ipad?

Yes, I went with the iPad because of the bigger screen an , at full brightness settings, the brightness of the iPad seems not worse, if not better, than the RC Pro.
2022-7-10
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

To me the overall experience is NOT all about screen size, even if a phone or a tablet does not dim down when it gets hot; it's the better control and better balance that the RC Pro offers
2022-7-10
Use props
escore
Second Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Monkey007 Posted at 7-10 11:40
To me the overall experience is NOT all about screen size, even if a phone or a tablet does not dim down when it gets hot; it's the better control and better balance that the RC Pro offers

So there's a clear difference between joysticks? I haven't had possibility to test RC Pro, so my info is mostly based on marketing materials...
2022-7-11
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I tried the RC-N1 with my iPad pro (with a makeshift mount) and it was hopeless. Overheated immediately, and then the fly app crashed and crashed over and over, invisible in the sunlight etc. Forget about it - get the RC Pro and problem solved.

The sticks on the RC pro use the same gimbals that are on the FPV drone controller. Very high quality gimbals, but not a lot of tension. So it's hard to feel the centering compared to the cheapo gimbals on the RC-N1. But they're a lot better quality-wise overall.
2022-7-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

escore Posted at 7-11 09:17
So there's a clear difference between joysticks? I haven't had possibility to test RC Pro, so my info is mostly based on marketing materials...

Most of my flying experience is with conventional model helicopters. All helicopter transmitter sticks are adjustable for tension and lenght. When compared to helicopters, camera drones are a lot more forgiving to fly, and they give you so much time to react or you can even choose to not react by simply letting go of the sticks to let it self-hover, so the sticks/gimbals  make zero difference to me. My 'better control' was referring to being able to access and adjust camera settings with those customizable buttons and dials that the N1 controller doesn't have. Also, the RC Pro feels way more natural to hold with my hands than a heavy tablet mounted on a little toy remote...LOL
2022-7-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 7-11 10:16
I tried the RC-N1 with my iPad pro (with a makeshift mount) and it was hopeless. Overheated immediately, and then the fly app crashed and crashed over and over, invisible in the sunlight etc. Forget about it - get the RC Pro and problem solved.

The sticks on the RC pro use the same gimbals that are on the FPV drone controller. Very high quality gimbals, but not a lot of tension. So it's hard to feel the centering compared to the cheapo gimbals on the RC-N1. But they're a lot better quality-wise overall.

So it's hard to feel the centering compared to the cheapo gimbals on the RC-N1
Very true, that's why I'm finding a lot of beginners prefer the N1. Just referring to the people I've been teaching to fly a camera drone. No offence to those professionals who swear by the Tablet +N1 combination.

2022-7-11
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-11 12:46
So it's hard to feel the centering compared to the cheapo gimbals on the RC-N1
Very true, that's why I'm finding a lot of beginners prefer the N1. Just referring to the people I've been teaching to fly a camera drone. No offence to those professionals who swear by the Tablet +N1 combination.

Shorter sticks helps. I use the sticks off my FPV drone controller which are a little shorter. Some pilots don't use sticks at all and just use the little nubs with their thumbs. I've tried that but prefer sticks....
2022-7-11
Use props
escore
Second Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Monkey007 Posted at 7-11 12:31
Most of my flying experience is with conventional model helicopters. All helicopter transmitter sticks are adjustable for tension and lenght. When compared to helicopters, camera drones are a lot more forgiving to fly, and they give you so much time to react or you can even choose to not react by simply letting go of the sticks to let it self-hover, so the sticks/gimbals  make zero difference to me. My 'better control' was referring to being able to access and adjust camera settings with those customizable buttons and dials that the N1 controller doesn't have. Also, the RC Pro feels way more natural to hold with my hands than a heavy tablet mounted on a little toy remote...LOL

Thanks for making it clear!
2022-7-11
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy flying with my mini ipad and my 12.9 ipad.  I just like to see what im filming specially at night.  Just my own opinion.
2022-7-13
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas626 Posted at 7-13 09:47
I enjoy flying with my mini ipad and my 12.9 ipad.  I just like to see what im filming specially at night.  Just my own opinion.

Same here, I prefer the bigger screen and used to the M2Z, so missing the zoom dial and other controls.. was hoping the new Dji RC would have usb out for a tablet.
2022-7-13
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I too transitioned to the RC Pro. I was using a combination of my Samsung phone or a samsung android tablet though, not an apple Ipad, but similar experience. Really to me personally, the best thing about the move to the rc pro is just having the whole flight package in a single device, When I flew with my tablet I had to carry a tablet bracket, controller, usb cable to connect it, and then when using it, while it worked just fine, it was just cumbersome with the tablet. I put a lanyard (neck strap) on the rc pro and I can let it dangle on my neck while carrying the drone or doing things where I need 2 hands, then just grab it and go. I just like that personally. All the extra button customization and features and the brighter screen, along with the better antenna system and higher transmit power were also big selling points. Price really is the hindrance. I am also really annoyed that DJI has chosen, at least for now, to not allow the rc pro to work with the mini 3 pro. it annoys me because it is 100% capable of working with the drone, they are just intentionally gating the support for it. I feel they do this to maximize profit at the expense of a more seamless and merged product line up, which would benefit their consumers. There is just no reason why their premium pro controller shouldn't work with the mini 3 pro, yet the cheaper DJI RC works with both drones. I just hate how DJI fragment their products like this.
2022-7-13
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tornado12 Posted at 7-13 11:38
I too transitioned to the RC Pro. I was using a combination of my Samsung phone or a samsung android tablet though, not an apple Ipad, but similar experience. Really to me personally, the best thing about the move to the rc pro is just having the whole flight package in a single device, When I flew with my tablet I had to carry a tablet bracket, controller, usb cable to connect it, and then when using it, while it worked just fine, it was just cumbersome with the tablet. I put a lanyard (neck strap) on the rc pro and I can let it dangle on my neck while carrying the drone or doing things where I need 2 hands, then just grab it and go. I just like that personally. All the extra button customization and features and the brighter screen, along with the better antenna system and higher transmit power were also big selling points. Price really is the hindrance. I am also really annoyed that DJI has chosen, at least for now, to not allow the rc pro to work with the mini 3 pro. it annoys me because it is 100% capable of working with the drone, they are just intentionally gating the support for it. I feel they do this to maximize profit at the expense of a more seamless and merged product line up, which would benefit their consumers. There is just no reason why their premium pro controller shouldn't work with the mini 3 pro, yet the cheaper DJI RC works with both drones. I just hate how DJI fragment their products like this.

My gut feeling is you won't have to wait much longer; they'll make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini3 once they've sold enough units of the DJI RC, either stand alone or bundled with a drone.
2022-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules