M300 RTK + D-RTK 2 GCPs
1609 2 2022-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillyBob12345
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased a M300 RTK with a D-RTK 2 base station with a Zenmuse P1 for photogrammetry and mapping. However, I have found conflicting information regarding the use of the D-RTK 2 base station for collecting GPS data for ground control points (GCPs). It seems that this feature of the base station is usable with the Phantom 4 RTK but I am not sure if this is possible with the M300 RTK as it uses different software and hardware.

Does anyone have experience with this topic, or is there a location to find whether this is possible or not? I have not had much success locating DJI Training Material and am generally dissapointed by the information available. If this is possible, I would love a link to a video or other training material for this task. If it is not possible currently, is this a planned future feature, or what is recommended for obtaining precise GCPs? I do not want to purchase another piece of equipment for what the D-RTK is capable of as this platform is touted as the top of the line enterprise solution for surveying and mapping.

Any information would be excellent, thank you for taking the time to read this!

2022-4-5
Use props
DOM_7806
lvl.1

Mauritius

Yes it seems this is only possible with the Phantom 4 RTK. Actually the only solution to get a coordinate is to switch on the M300 also. We had the same issue and wanted to take GCP with the DRTK but we gave up after some try as the accuracy of the DRTK is Horizontal:1.5 m(RMS) Vertical:3.0 m(RMS) without and RTK Network.
2022-4-18
Use props
BillyBob12345
lvl.1
United States

DOM_7806 Posted at 4-18 02:58
Yes it seems this is only possible with the Phantom 4 RTK. Actually the only solution to get a coordinate is to switch on the M300 also. We had the same issue and wanted to take GCP with the DRTK but we gave up after some try as the accuracy of the DRTK is Horizontal:1.5 m(RMS) Vertical:3.0 m(RMS) without and RTK Network.

How disappointing that the flagship enterprise mapping setup does not allow this

Thank you for the reply.
2022-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules