Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 3 LEAKS- HOW MUCH?!
1234Next >
4293 129 2022-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mini 3 LEAKS- HOW MUCH?!

2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have found with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products releases, specifications, price and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-4-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing DA, would yo use getting one?
2022-4-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't be bothered to plough through  7 1/4 minutes of subtitles to find that he says what, ........xyz $ or £, or 2 to 3 times the price of a mini 2 or.............
Would someone be kind enough to summarise it into a single line of text?
Thanks.

This IS NOT a 'dig' at DAFlys.
2022-4-6
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

As far as I am concerned, price is the most important "spec" when it comes to  Mini 3...
2022-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find DA.    I think price will be a determining factor for many prospective buyers.  I'm sure that Pro style controller will jack the price up considerably.
2022-4-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-6 02:05
I can't be bothered to plough through  7 1/4 minutes of subtitles to find that he says what, ........xyz $ or £, or 2 to 3 times the price of a mini 2 or.............
Would someone be kind enough to summarise it into a single line of text?
Thanks.

It is a load of waffle for just a guesstimate, start here

2022-4-6
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

CemAygun Posted at 4-6 02:35
As far as I am concerned, price is the most important "spec" when it comes to  Mini 3...

I'm not sure of that...  The recently released SE (and possibly a continued M2) target the budget audience.  I think the M3 is going to be more aimed towards "prosumers" who garner some kind of income from their drones (even if that is simply YouTube).  That would explain the rumored "Mini Pro" naming, and the associated fancy controller that looks to compete with the current Smart Controller.  While there has been a lot of speculation regarding the M3, I haven't seen many people suggest the M2 is being discontinued as a result.

The 250g weight is more of a convenience feature than reflective of lower cost.  Even the M2 and SE require 107 licensing and registration if you go beyond the very narrow definition of personal hobby flying - and more than one YouTuber has painfully learned that lesson recently.  So in that respect, smaller size and weight may actually result in a pricing premium - most compact electronic gear is more expensive than it's "normal sized" equivalents.

To that end, I think those that find the other specs useful will pay the price, which may end up being more than Autel's Nano series.  Cost is obviously an important decision, but I think here it is not at the top of the list, especially with the chip shortage and general supply chain issues most electronic gear is experiencing.
2022-4-6
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

For me, it's a bit different. I don't need any smart controller being smarter than me, I need picture quality.
There's no leaks about that, except that aperture number which doesn't help.
That's why a Nano Plus is on approach, after a long flight from Asia cleared for landing at my place today. Paid around 800 Euros for the new version with fixed gimbal, premium bundle.
2022-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-6 22:50
For me, it's a bit different. I don't need any smart controller being smarter than me, I need picture quality.
There's no leaks about that, except that aperture number which doesn't help.
That's why a Nano Plus is on approach, after a long flight from Asia cleared for landing at my place today. Paid around 800 Euros for the new version with fixed gimbal, premium bundle.

I picked up the smart controller for the M2P and Mini2 and I was skeptical but I have to say its really improved my enjoyment of flying,   just removing the faff of mounting phone in the remote is lovely,   But I was very skeptical before hand.
2022-4-6
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 23:47
I picked up the smart controller for the M2P and Mini2 and I was skeptical but I have to say its really improved my enjoyment of flying,   just removing the faff of mounting phone in the remote is lovely,   But I was very skeptical before hand.

I know the smart controller, a friend of mine has a Mavic 2 Enterprise (Pro?), that one with the additional thermal camera and all the gadgets (loudspeaker etc.). Of course it's far better than the standard controller, I also dislike mounting and unmounting the smartphone, and I HATE the controller destroying my smartphones's battery with that stupid forced charging. But I go flying maybe once or twice a week, so there's no real need of spending a quite substantial additional amount of money. If I used my drone daily, it would be a different story. ;)
2022-4-7
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

TomKatt Posted at 4-6 04:17
I'm not sure of that...  The recently released SE (and possibly a continued M2) target the budget audience.  I think the M3 is going to be more aimed towards "prosumers" who garner some kind of income from their drones (even if that is simply YouTube).  That would explain the rumored "Mini Pro" naming, and the associated fancy controller that looks to compete with the current Smart Controller.  While there has been a lot of speculation regarding the M3, I haven't seen many people suggest the M2 is being discontinued as a result.

The 250g weight is more of a convenience feature than reflective of lower cost.  Even the M2 and SE require 107 licensing and registration if you go beyond the very narrow definition of personal hobby flying - and more than one YouTuber has painfully learned that lesson recently.  So in that respect, smaller size and weight may actually result in a pricing premium - most compact electronic gear is more expensive than it's "normal sized" equivalents.

The sole reason I am so focused on the price is the existence of Nano+. It is on it's second generation now; and as far as I can tell, it delivers, albeit at a premium price. It will be interesting to see where DJI positions the new Mini 3. Inevitably, a huge factor in that position will be the price.
2022-4-7
Use props
IFLY DJI
lvl.2

United States

Landey Posted at 4-7 01:26
I know the smart controller, a friend of mine has a Mavic 2 Enterprise (Pro?), that one with the additional thermal camera and all the gadgets (loudspeaker etc.). Of course it's far better than the standard controller, I also dislike mounting and unmounting the smartphone, and I HATE the controller destroying my smartphones's battery with that stupid forced charging. But I go flying maybe once or twice a week, so there's no real need of spending a quite substantial additional amount of money. If I used my drone daily, it would be a different story. ;)

The charging is not forced.  Simply go to the flight control settings and deselect the phone charging option.
2022-4-7
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

IFLY DJI Posted at 4-7 10:11
The charging is not forced.  Simply go to the flight control settings and deselect the phone charging option.

Only true if you're using a smartphone with the majority of it's users explicitely buying protective cases with a cutout for showcasing the brand's logo.
Untrue with Android devices.
2022-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-7 01:26
I know the smart controller, a friend of mine has a Mavic 2 Enterprise (Pro?), that one with the additional thermal camera and all the gadgets (loudspeaker etc.). Of course it's far better than the standard controller, I also dislike mounting and unmounting the smartphone, and I HATE the controller destroying my smartphones's battery with that stupid forced charging. But I go flying maybe once or twice a week, so there's no real need of spending a quite substantial additional amount of money. If I used my drone daily, it would be a different story. ;)

I found after I got the smart controller I was more encouraged to fly more regularly.  
2022-4-7
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-7 23:22
I found after I got the smart controller I was more encouraged to fly more regularly.

Yes, it takes away a great part of the hassle - just get the controller out of the bag and start flying.
I hate squeezing in the smartphone and connecting the cable - only to find out I forgot about switching on the phone, with it's power button now covered by the mount bracket.
But the suffering is still not strong enough to rectify the cost of a smart controller.

If DJI would make it compatible with drones of other manufacturers, I would surely buy one: One controller, same handling, same feel, all control elements always at the same place, profiles for favorite settings - would be fine! PLUS: Exchangeable batteries (like 18650) because I don't wish to buy another controller after 2 years of use or after the controller got too warm, destroying a great deal of the battery's capacity. That would be benefits for overcoming the "buying resistance".
2022-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-7 23:37
Yes, it takes away a great part of the hassle - just get the controller out of the bag and start flying.
I hate squeezing in the smartphone and connecting the cable - only to find out I forgot about switching on the phone, with it's power button now covered by the mount bracket.
But the suffering is still not strong enough to rectify the cost of a smart controller.

I felt the same,   but opted to get one as I like to change my phone yearly and I was concerned that I would loose support for the M2P at some point,   but since buying one its really changed my opinion.   Id happily but the new RC Pro if they supported the current drones even if its twice what the SC cost me.
2022-4-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-6 23:34
He's English.  All he knows is waffles...

ooo, present company excluded one hopes :p
2022-4-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:03
I felt the same,   but opted to get one as I like to change my phone yearly and I was concerned that I would loose support for the M2P at some point,   but since buying one its really changed my opinion.   Id happily but the new RC Pro if they supported the current drones even if its twice what the SC cost me.

I would love the RC, less hassle and more importantly, able to use my DJI goggles from what ive heard...
2022-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-8 04:02
I would love the RC, less hassle and more importantly, able to use my DJI goggles from what ive heard...

Not sure about the goggles,   I dont have any.   Id like to learn FPV some day but I think I will probably be cheap and start analogue.

PS this is the real DAFlys and not the account that is _Daflys thats imitating me,  and has been reported in the forum issues section.
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like it is about to come.
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now I wonder when they started sharing the rumors here
2022-4-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-9 11:19
Looks like it is about to come.

Either the 15 or the 28th based on the rumours.
2022-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-9 11:19
Now I wonder when they started sharing the rumors here

Well there are screen shots of a DJI calendar doing the rounds.
2022-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:15
Either the 15 or the 28th based on the rumours.

28th would be funny.
Day before my birthday.
2022-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:15
Well there are screen shots of a DJI calendar doing the rounds.

They = forum members
2022-4-10
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

since DJI drastically raised prises for Mavic 3 , I know that Mini 3 might be around 500$
2022-4-10
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Yet another! So Boring her videos are! Only talks about herself! Cannot even write!
DAFlys reminds me of one of the moderators here who requested a video of a LED that did not light up!
How illiterate can a moderator be?
2022-4-10
Use props
Focus5522
lvl.4
Flight distance : 971804 ft
United Kingdom

What about the Cx labels coming out late 2022.
2022-4-10
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did some research on Twitter and saw this thing starts an $950 and FMC is $1250.  Hopefully that is just rumors.
2022-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 02:33
28th would be funny.
Day before my birthday.

You'll be able to treat yourself without any guilt.   Until you see the 1100+ euro price.
2022-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-10 02:33
They = forum members

Most of the drone news sites have them.
2022-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 22:38
You'll be able to treat yourself without any guilt.   Until you see the 1100+ euro price.

No way Jose.
I will keep flying the M2 and live with its limitations.
Maybe when I can find a cheap 2nd hand one, but that is a matter of patience.  
2022-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 22:38
Most of the drone news sites have them.

Yeah, but more like during what period 'we' are guessing about the new 'mx' drone.
2022-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas626 Posted at 4-10 14:21
Did some research on Twitter and saw this thing starts an $950 and FMC is $1250.  Hopefully that is just rumors.

Me too,   I had a heart attack when it appeared its going to cost more than a M2P.
2022-4-10
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 23:18
Me too,   I had a heart attack when it appeared its going to cost more than a M2P.

27 Leaks posted a leaked price list for a few variations:

https://twitter.com/JasperEllens ... NT1RRoILwgWHKcicX3A

(Multiply by 0.16 for USD, 0.14 for EUR or 0.12 for GBP)

It begs the question what will the difference be between the non-Pro and Pro versions - will it be the camera or the OA sensors? I'm guessing it won't be both because then there wouldn't be much to differentiate from the Mini 2.
2022-4-11
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

For those that need the new features, the price won't be an issue.

For hobby flyers, the Mini 2 will continue to be the best investment.

I've not seen any news about the Mini 2 being discontinued, but with the recent SE launch I wonder if the new Mini 3 will make it obsolete...
2022-4-11
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-11 05:03
For those that need the new features, the price won't be an issue.

How many of us actualy need a drone at all?
2022-4-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 4-11 04:56
27 Leaks posted a leaked price list for a few variations:

https://twitter.com/JasperEllens ... NT1RRoILwgWHKcicX3A

The rumour I saw was the pro version will get a camera upgrade.
2022-4-11
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 4-11 05:07
How many of us actualy need a drone at all?

I'm sure there are a lot of folks who use their drone investment for financial income...  I've always felt the Mini series offered portability convenience provided the camera was good enough for the shots...

But you're right...  For many others, they are superfluous toys :-)
2022-4-11
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules